Photo

How Screwed are we when 6.0.2 hits on Tuesday?

Wod warlords of draenor hunters nerf buff

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Vinador

Vinador
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2092
  • 3v3: 2216
  • 5v5: 2005
  • RBG: 1342
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, title says it all.

How do we stack up against the other classes when the patch hits?

What's the latest state of Blizzard's 'balance'?

#2 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

You do realise the patch before an expansion is usually the time when time basically stops for this game and nobody does anything, and nothing that you do actually matters ?

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#3 Caleski

Caleski
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2009
  • 3v3: 2517
  • 5v5: 2319
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Who cares till 100

#4 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

your damage is not massively high compared to other classes, but your traps are now instant and 100% unavoidable

but as people have already said, who cares until level 100 when you need to find a rogue/dk/feral/warrior/ret/monk to play 3s with :D

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 October 2014 - 11:30 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#5 Vinador

Vinador
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2092
  • 3v3: 2216
  • 5v5: 2005
  • RBG: 1342
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

You do realise the patch before an expansion is usually the time when time basically stops for this game and nobody does anything, and nothing that you do actually matters ?

I meant to say patch 6.0.2 'onwards' including WoD and level 100 etc etc.

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

I meant to say patch 6.0.2 'onwards' including WoD and level 100 etc etc.

well to answer this then -

your damage is not high compared to what melee characters can do, but you do have relatively high damage compared to most casters (excluding shadow priests and boomkins who massively outdamage you)

you lost scatter into trap, but your traps now arm and activate instantly, so they really are impossible to not land

your main job in 3s will be a cc bot, damaging whichever target the melee you are playing with is training, and trapping the other teams healer on cooldown until you or the other team get a kill

you will want to play with either a holypala, a disc priest, a resto druid, or a mistweaver monk, and then pretty much any melee char you can find

hope this helps :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 October 2014 - 11:46 AM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#7 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

But my 27 second cooldown shadow dance ;__________;

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

But my 27 second cooldown shadow dance ;__________;

cdr trinkets don't work after the patch, if you are talking about that

unless they change that before the patch goes live i guess :)

#9 Koly

Koly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2675
  • 3v3: 3159
  • 5v5: 2075
  • RBG: 2749

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

www.twitch.tv/saggyxd

#10 AlcaMage

AlcaMage
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Nazjatar
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2106
  • 3v3: 2194
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

when did you play beta the last time?
There was no class doing as much damage as a hunter (against mage/lock)

and you can actually blink/disengage/spectrale guise/ams/ holyfire traps if you are lucky or god

#11 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

yeah traps are avoidable if you pay close attention to the hunter and trap cooldown, can roll and port out of traps on the beta

hunters seem pretty good currently, they are gods at kiting because of crippling poison arrows and posthaste, the damage seems really good for how the class still is

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

yeah traps are avoidable if you pay close attention to the hunter and trap cooldown

god help us if hunters realise this and stop using trap on cooldown so its not predictable :)

#13 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

cdr trinkets don't work after the patch, if you are talking about that

unless they change that before the patch goes live i guess :)

Already fixed bro, sdance = 27 second cd with hc wf aoc

#14 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Earlier when I played on the beta I have felt like hunter damage has been pretty much non-existant but when I logged on yesterday it seemed like hunter damage was once again the real deal. I imagine that hunter/meele comps will still be viable in WoD, although the tables might be turned in the sense that it will be the meele that makes the hunter viable rather than the hunter that makes the meele viable ;)

#15 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

Earlier when I played on the beta I have felt like hunter damage has been pretty much non-existant but when I logged on yesterday it seemed like hunter damage was once again the real deal. I imagine that hunter/meele comps will still be viable in WoD, although the tables might be turned in the sense that it will be the meele that makes the hunter viable rather than the hunter that makes the meele viable ;)

so ur telling me that avangelyne and walla are going to have to carry me and I can't be a contributing member of the team with wyvern traps???

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#16 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

Earlier when I played on the beta I have felt like hunter damage has been pretty much non-existant but when I logged on yesterday it seemed like hunter damage was once again the real deal. I imagine that hunter/meele comps will still be viable in WoD, although the tables might be turned in the sense that it will be the meele that makes the hunter viable rather than the hunter that makes the meele viable

Marks - Lone wolf.
On 300k healthpools (full s16 gear).
Trinket proc.
Chim crits 75k.
Aim crits 50k.
80k kill shots crits (this is the big one tbh as it still has a reset if the 1st doesn't kill and it's now usable on anything under 35%).
You can chunk someone for 40% of their health with an aimed/chim combo, anything below 35% is basically dead. Queue with a high sustained dps melee (warrior/dk/feral/rogue etc) and theres zero trouble dropping someone in a single cc.

#17 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1491
  • 3v3: 1054
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

Traps are no longer instant as they changed the travel time to be way longer, activation once they land remains the same though.

#18 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:26 AM

Traps are no longer instant as they changed the travel time to be way longer, activation once they land remains the same though.

This completely blows tbh it feels so clunky to play hunter now I really miss scatter. Removing scatter + pet cc was an overkill imho

#19 rageTG

rageTG
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

It's still instant if you're close to who you are trapping, still strong imo.

#20 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

It's still instant if you're close to who you are trapping, still strong imo.

Good to know. Honestly should be able to just conc shot what you want to trap and it will be easy enough. Even if it comes to conc shotting multiple times to get freedoms and such out of the way should still work fine if it's instant.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wod, warlords, of, draenor, hunters, nerf, buff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<