Photo

Is WoD really good or it's just a MoP 2.0 with same mechanics ?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ImSoAesthetic

ImSoAesthetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathi
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

I haven't played MoP because it is very poorly designed (Thanks Holinka)
I was thinking to come back for WoD with my friends and play a bit.
Someone who played the beta can give me some informations ?

I wanna know if stupid mechanics/spell from MoP are still in WoD :

Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ?
Monk can still teleport everywhere, stun/silence you for 30sec in a row ?
Monk tiger pet can still cross walls ?
Priest can still vanish, stealth and everything like just like an actual rogue ?
Rogue can still vanish with a full line of dots and comeback 20 sec later without getting unstealth at all ?
Rogue still have infinite sprint ?
Hunter still have 50 pets, birds and shit like that ?
Moonkin can still be a healer while being a dps class ?
Classes still have an extra trinket ?
Still load of CC ?
Psyfiend still here ?
Afflication gameplay still spam soul swap without using any other spells ?
etc .....

#2 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

I haven't played MoP because it is very poorly designed (Thanks Holinka)
I was thinking to come back for WoD with my friends and play a bit.
Someone who played the beta can give me some informations ?

I wanna know if stupid mechanics/spell from MoP are still in WoD :

Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ? Symbios is removed, druid cant iceblock.
Monk can still teleport everywhere, stun/silence you for 30sec in a row ? Yes.
Monk tiger pet can still cross walls ? Yes.
Priest can still vanish, stealth and everything like just like an actual rogue ? Yes
Rogue can still vanish with a full line of dots and comeback 20 sec later without getting unstealth at all ? Yes
Rogue still have infinite sprint ? Yes + another shadowstep/evis combined talent
Hunter still have 50 pets, birds and shit like that ? Yes, but their dmg is reduced
Moonkin can still be a healer while being a dps class ? Not realy, moonkin healing is pretty weak atmoment
Classes still have an extra trinket ? Yes
Still load of CC ? Yes, but its reduced
Psyfiend still here ? Dunno about this, probably
Afflication gameplay still spam soul swap without using any other spells ? Soulswap is removed or something like that.
etc .....

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ? - no, symbiosis removed
Monk can still teleport everywhere, stun/silence you for 30sec in a row ? - yes apart from the kick on silence which is removed
Monk tiger pet can still cross walls ? - yes
Priest can still vanish, stealth and everything like just like an actual rogue ? - yes
Rogue can still vanish with a full line of dots and comeback 20 sec later without getting unstealth at all ? - yes
Rogue still have infinite sprint ? - yes, but assassination will be the main rogue spec so bos will not be as problematic
Hunter still have 50 pets, birds and shit like that ? - yes
Moonkin can still be a healer while being a dps class ? - very yes
Classes still have an extra trinket ? - yes
Still load of CC ? - yes but it all drs now, so you use cc as part of your rotation ala hunters
Psyfiend still here ? - nope, replaced with 45 second cd psychic screan xD
Afflication gameplay still spam soul swap without using any other spells ? - 50/50, not as much as on live
etc .....

for the first season at least, play melee or melee hunter, if you insist on playing caster then play boomkin or spriest and find a rogue to carry you

anything else?

edit: lol at the person above me, yep moonkin healing is super super weak on beta :D

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 October 2014 - 08:18 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

You should honestly read some recaps of the WoD changes, they look promising. However, as every WoW expansion, all these things look good on paper, but then they implement something retardedly broken (who the fuck thought Druids with Ice Block was an awesome idea?) and you have another expansion of retarded bullshit.

Let's recap on these changes you're wondering about.

- Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ?
They are currently the most broken healer on beta. All other healers were flat down nerfed (Priests lost baseline Fear, Shamans back to WotLK Tremor, Monks lost a bunch of stuff including spheres, no one cares about Paladins anyhow), and all other healers need to cast in order to heal/top someone off. Numbers are still being tweaked and healing is somewhat too high, so it is hard to tell how healing is gonna turn out.

- Monk can still teleport everywhere, stun/silence you for 30sec in a row ?
Monks have lost quite a bit of utility with WoD. Read up on wowhead if you are interested.

Monk tiger pet can still cross walls ?
Not sure.

Priest can still vanish, stealth and everything like just like an actual rogue ?
Yes. This is one thing every decent Priest is crying about, they do not want to be able to land cheap fears, but they want some compensation instead, currently, their problem seems to be topping anyone off. They are also giving DPriests a 5second Silence, which is a dumb idea.

Rogue can still vanish with a full line of dots and comeback 20 sec later without getting unstealth at all ?
They still have Cloak of Shadows.

Rogue still have infinite sprint ?
Yes.

Hunter still have 50 pets, birds and shit like that ?
Yes, however, they have nerfed some of their CC, or at least it looks like it.

Currently most broken spec on Beta, along with RDruid. As aforementioned, numbers are still being tweaked.

Classes still have an extra trinket ?
Most of class-trinkets are gone, since CC is being toned down, they are removing the abundance of trinkets everyone had. Good change.

Still load of CC ?
As previously said, some CC was reduced in duration (Fear is now 6 seconds and has a really small breaking point, if the target is fully dotted, the first set of ticks will remove the Fear).

Psyfiend still here ?
No and thank Putin for that.

Afflication gameplay still spam soul swap without using any other spells ?
Affliction got their Drain Life back, as glyphing is now worth it. Soul Swaps now cost Soul Shards and Haunt increases damage by a lot. As almost all blanket silences are gone (Counterspell now only locks you out if you didn't manage to juke it), so juking people on you is now a thing. It feels like Cata playstyle, but not broken.

Just read up on changes.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#5 ImSoAesthetic

ImSoAesthetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Arathi
  • Vengeance / Rache

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the answer
Some changes looks great but seems like a lot of shits are still here

Edited by ImSoAesthetic, 12 May 2015 - 09:19 PM.

#6 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

As long as instant poly is gone, the game will be infinitely better.

#7 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

wod is going to be even worse shit then mop according to beta (i know it sounds impossible). They removed tons of boolshit spells such as psyfiend and symbiosis but there is alot of aids still in game (burst of speed , feathers , warlock gateway , fof etc) . Dispell still has a cd , healing is 2x more op then on live (even hybrids can 0-100 someone in 2 globals) and ill repeat once more there is still tons of spells that shit on game more then ever. Gapclosers still do not match excape abilities and dmg doesnt match healing (you can bind all keys to rejuv as druid and heal through 2 dps with all cds smashing your forehead on keyboard)
Hypocrisy of blizzard is worse then ever.(we are going to reduce number of instant heals smart heals etc - JK druids no cd swiftmend nevercast everyone 100% hp) just example

I uninstalled beta like month ago tho , maybe they changed numbers and some spells meanwhile but what it looked like when i was playing it was 3000x worse then mop.

Those retards will never listen because designing game in a way that new players (someone grandmother) can pick up and play pvp is more important then actual gamebalance. Fun factor in pvp got cancer with 5.0 and officially died with 5.3

Edited by sarma, 06 October 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

There will be a new moonkin. Once every 3min :

http://i.imgur.com/leWuEKG.jpg

(I'm a Holy pal.)

:duckers:
Posted Image

#9 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

edit: lol at the person above me, yep moonkin healing is super super weak on beta :D

Its just my exp, moonkins that i played with (just random skirmishes) were healing like 30% of feral or any other hybrid healing. Mby i didnt met any good moonkin yet.
https://imageshack.com/i/f0sSbFpLj

#10 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

You should honestly read some recaps of the WoD changes, they look promising. However, as every WoW expansion, all these things look good on paper, but then they implement something retardedly broken (who the fuck thought Druids with Ice Block was an awesome idea?) and you have another expansion of retarded bullshit.

Let's recap on these changes you're wondering about.

- Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ?
They are currently the most broken healer on beta.

Unsurprising, as they are currently the most broken healer on live too, and have been for awhile.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#11 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Unsurprising, as they are currently the most broken healer on live too, and have been for awhile.

being the best when played at skillcap doesn't mean they're broken, shamans are the most "broken" by a landslide. any moron
can log on one of those and succeed

#12 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

being the best when played at skillcap doesn't mean they're broken, shamans are the most "broken" by a landslide. any moron
can log on one of those and succeed

That is a good point. I have a friend who picked up shaman and who is fucking awful at it but is like 2500 rated. Come to think of it I know a lot of bad players who are high rated at shaman, and others who just easily pick it up, good or bad.

But I still believe rdruids are pretty much as easy and much better as a healer. Truth be told if want to make the conparison, they are like the hunters of healers. Lots of instant cc (cyclone pretty much instant everytime at this point, plus bash/droar) most of their spells instant, and they share the same number of spells able to be used while silenced.

So that is why my conclusion both healers and their respective wizard partners are OP.
Posted Image

#13 Cutebaby

Cutebaby
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

Probably more of the same. I'm sure you'll put up 45 euros anyhow, so who cares

#14 koshimo

koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

I don't think any of you have recently played beta because 90% of what im reading in this thread is wrong

Druide can still bubble, iceblock etc ... ? -- no
Monk can still teleport everywhere, stun/silence you for 30sec in a row ? -- yes
Monk tiger pet can still cross walls ? -- no clue
Priest can still vanish, stealth and everything like just like an actual rogue ? -- yeah but fear is nerfed so it isn't as broken
Rogue can still vanish with a full line of dots and comeback 20 sec later without getting unstealth at all ? -- no, no clue what other people in this thread are talking about vanish breaks after 3 seconds and subterfuge is nerfed
Rogue still have infinite sprint ? -- yes but it rapes their energy now
Hunter still have 50 pets, birds and shit like that ? -- stampede and birds on same tier and i havent seen a single hunter using either so idk
Moonkin can still be a healer while being a dps class ? -- yeah offhealing is still really dumb
Classes still have an extra trinket ? -- idk
Still load of CC ? --no
Psyfiend still here ? --no
Afflication gameplay still spam soul swap without using any other spells ? --yeah they can still insta ua without casting

From a healers perspective the game is a lot better because at least I can see when someone is trying to cc me and avoid it and you don't get randomly cc'd by an instant cast unavoidable spell every 3 fucking seconds.

Edited by Koshimo, 06 October 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#15 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

idk where you are getting 30 sec from, ww monks can stun for 7 sec every 45 sec, no more blanket silence on pummel and ring of peace got changed to some dogshit aoe gouge

ot: blizzard saied theyre removing most instant casts yet they give classes talents that make their casted abilities instant cast and have shorter cooldown or no cooldown, I.E shadow priest talent that makes mind blast instant and 3 sec shorter cd??? druid swiftmend no cooldown and gods of arena???

give hunters ranged crippling poison to be kiting gods, not to mention the class is easier on beta than live, talent that gives you more damage when you don't have a pet so you just run around tunneling damage without having to manage anything

ww monks: feel like arcane mage, fill chi and press chi explosion repeat (except they do less damage than mw monks) still have tons of mobility

warriors: literally have 3 buttons to press most boring class ever, except when something gets to execute range

rogue: burst of speed problem seems to be solved, they just do hella damage, death from above pretty much replaced mop rising sun kick

moonkin: off healing gods, still have spammable treant roots, immune to slows/roots, have an ability that gives them instant casts when they take melee damage (for any ability clone/root/heal)

mage: honestly dont even know I think i played against 1 good mage on the beta in the 3 weeks I spent on it and they seemed really mediocre

locks: dont know tbh, demon bolt hits hard thats about all I know, 6 sec fear makes them less annoying

shaman: prolly the worst class on the beta (all 3 specs) easiest class to kill no mobility or peels ele and enhance do baby damage

DK: runs around and mouth breathes on their target doing hella damage

priest: still have feathers, got a glyph to leap to their target instead of gripping, all spriest damage is instant for the most part

Paladin: really good healer with the removal of all the cc, ret does damage every 2 minutes then spam heals until wings are back up

feral: ferocious bite doesnt hit for 100k anymore which is nice, bleeds still do a ton of damage and they are un-kitable/un-chasable, they run around in man cat form and do whatever they want

Edited by Marshmellow, 06 October 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#16 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

somewhat related, i was really hoping with the item squish we'd be going back to bc or wotlk healthpools, pretty disappointing to see wod is going to have cata/mop amounts of hp
s a d b o y s

#17 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

So that is why my conclusion both healers and their respective wizard partners are OP.

pretty sure no1 here gives two fucks about your conclusion, when its exactly the same conclusion as in every other one of your posts recently :)

somewhat related, i was really hoping with the item squish we'd be going back to bc or wotlk healthpools, pretty disappointing to see wod is going to have cata/mop amounts of hp

think of the hp increase as hp + more hp instead of resilience

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 October 2014 - 10:38 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#18 Cutebaby

Cutebaby
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

As long as the damage and healing is proportional to your healthpool, how does is matter how much actual health you have?
I'm sure you can normalize whatever unitframe you're running so you can feel nostalgic with 9k health.

#19 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

it's not a balance concern, i just don't like how numbers start to feel sort of ambiguous when they get so large
s a d b o y s

#20 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

pretty sure no1 here gives two fucks about your conclusion, when its exactly the same conclusion as in every other one of your posts recently :)

think of the hp increase as hp + more hp instead of resilience

I was responding to someone who quoted me on that very topic.

Im sorry your salty that Im making valid points.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<