Photo

Dreamhack - Now Looking for Community Casters (How to Apply)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 1952

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Dreamhack - Now Looking for Community Casters (How to Apply)

Reddit Link Here

We're currently accepting applications from casters to community cast the World of Warcraft EU Regionals, which will take place in Stockholm, 24th and 26th-27th of September. Provide us as much information as possible about you and your experience within casting. You will cast from your own channel You will be listed under the team DreamHack on Twitch. Everyone can apply in any language. We’ll only allow 1 stream per language.

DreamHack will provide community streamers with a private mix-minus feed with (no english sound).

How to apply

You send in your application with full contact info (Name, Skype, Email, twitch channel) and everything you think might be relevant (what language you desire to cast in) to: communitystream[@]dreamhack[.]se

The application process is closing September 24th 21.00 CEST. Only a limited amount of casters will be accepted.

Best Regards
Steisjo

#2 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I presume this is for languages other than english? Why would anyone not watch the Live event?
Posted Image

#3 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1526

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

#4 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

I find that such a cheap video. In a game that is so fast paced like wow, with so many spells/buffs/debuffs, where every global 6 players (and pets) do something, ... it's only normal that a caster makes mistakes. Even more so when you cast multiple matches after another without a replay.

Dunno how many players are good enough in the world to never miss an action/situation in arena. A thousand? How many of them are native English speakers, and how many of them are eloquent enough to actually cast a match? Wild guess, but doubt you will end up with more than a handful of players who actually qualify.

#5 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/1/2/2/0/0
  • 3v3: 2497
  • RBG: 1748

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

You send in your application with full contact info (Name, Skype, Email, twitch channel) and everything you think might be relevant (what language you desire to cast in) to: communitystream[@]dreamhack[.]se

this is all a plot... bigmoranddos2014

#6 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1526

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

I find that such a cheap video. In a game that is so fast paced like wow, with so many spells/buffs/debuffs, where every global 6 players (and pets) do something, ... it's only normal that a caster makes mistakes. Even more so when you cast multiple matches after another without a replay.

Dunno how many players are good enough in the world to never miss an action/situation in arena. A thousand? How many of them are native English speakers, and how many of them are eloquent enough to actually cast a match? Wild guess, but doubt you will end up with more than a handful of players who actually qualify.

get azael's dick outta your mouth

#7 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

bigmoran commentate makes wonders

#8 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

Bigmoran/Regentlord best comentator team 2014

#9 limek

limek
  • Members

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

i applied will deliver how their recruitment process looks like for anyone interested here

#10 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Junkies
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

I want Ayrasaurus doing it in Cockney English trying to correct his R sound. Also Bigmoran / Regent giving us detailed info about the history of participants. Also Jaimexo analyzing the interrupts would be cool.

Please review the rules on signatures.

#11 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Junkies
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

good as Supatease or Azael

Please review the rules on signatures.

#12 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

Also Jaimexo analyzing the interrupts would be cool.

no all jaime will do is bitch about how rogues mages druids and priests dont require skill and probably kill himself because he gets emo of his own cockmong thoughts

#13 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

Azael has commentated hundreds of games in a game which is arguably faster paced than a lot of the bigger 'esports' (league, cs, dota, etc) and has made a handful of mistakes.

There is full-time employed casters like Rivington for Leagues LCS who make big bucks and still make frequent mistakes. Being part of a play by play caster is making mistakes.

I dont even know if you guys are trolling actually so im not gonna bother writing more. If you think he's truly shit, find someone who is doing it better.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#14 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

You're not going to have any good commentators for World of Warcraft, all the good commentators with years of experience is commentating games that actually has an e-sport environment like League of Legends, Starcraft, DOTA, CS:GO etc.

Secondly I doubt you would even be able to be anywhere near as good as Supatease or Azael when it comes to commentating.

I saw your reply to Dizzeeyo, and yes you can give them constructive criticism, but saying somebody is absolutely terrible and that you'd consider killing yourself after listening to supatease for 30 minutes isn't constructive in anyway.

What you should of said is - He missed that they did X thing and he should have mentioned X, but you don't, why? Probably because you're way to retarded to actually point out the crucial mistakes out, you just jump the hate train basically.

Oh, and let's give you some of your own medicine, You're a fucking terrible warrior, you're stuck on 2.6k rating when the rating is inflated just as much as back in WOTLK and Early Cata, so shut the fuck up for once you fucking inbred.

1. A large number of people play this game, if the opportunity was there and Blizzard endorsed it, they would find much better commentators than the 2 aforementioned.

2. Ofcourse? It's an awful argument to say you cannot criticize someone over something you're not able, or presume they're not able to do, for all you know I could be a brilliant commentator, Blizzard offers nothing in the way of allowing me to prove myself to them, and both Azeal and Supatease are self made commentators.

3. I never said my criticism was constructive, either. Just honest and blunt. Neither of them would be commentating had there been natural born commentators who want to commentate and have been given the opportunity by blizzard to commentate. Neither of them have good commentating voices, Azeal has a strong regional accent and speaks far to fast, Supatease has a very monotone voice.

Supatease, as i have mentioned, has an awful droning monotone voice which he doesn't protest, which is awful for commentating. Listening to his highlights as he linked doesn't help, Listening to the awful dry commentating of the last Yaspresents (skype-less games) really nailed the last coffin in wow commentating. People would at this point in time, rather hear the teams communicating over the commentator communicating the game to them. That is a bad sign.

Neither Azeal or Supatease would be offered a job to commentate any other game, be it E-sport, or sport. Particularly Azeal on the front his commentating is hurt by how biased he is towards teams he particularly likes. I watch the world cup on the BBC because the commentators are paid to at least sound non-bias. However hearing him in the PvP-live tournament during the games Nadagast played, particularly Vs. Dillypoo, was not good commentating. He spoke about how nice of a guy Nadagast was, how he deserved to win, and didn't accurately convey how hard the match was for the KFC. That along with the 4x mistakes in the Jahmilli games, which im afraid is in-excusable, but partly the fault of blizzards awfully outdated tournament UI really took a professional edge of the tournament. How does a commentator who has played the game for 7-8 years forget about Shattering throw, miss the cast bar, in a mage v warrior game 4x?

4. I don't get what you're trying to say? It doesn't take an in depth breakdown to find the mistakes, they jump out at you. Commentators make mistakes everyday, in football it's usual they might give the wrong name etc, and I'll even give it for supatease at the Yaspresents tournament who called Nolifer, "Morchen" for the game vs. Volta (even though there is only six names to remember) However if i was to sit through it and pinpoint every mistake, i imagine it would be littered.

Edit: Removed any insults / rating bashing / class bashing, would like to talk about the topic, not the people behind the posts :)

Edited by Flavours, 24 September 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

#15 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

I agree with Flavours, we should complain about everybody that tries commentating because that won't scare off any new potential shoutcasters!
On a more serious note, of course we must be allowed to critisize commentators, but there is a huge difference between constructive criticism and simply saying "lol u r bad!"

Neither of them would be commentating had there been natural born commentators who want to commentate and have been given the opportunity by blizzard to commentate.

Of course, but your argument falls short because of that big "if". If there was better commentators Azael/Supatease wouldn't be commentating, true, but you seem to miss the fact that there are no other commentators at all for WoW, let alone any better ones.

People would at this point in time, rather hear the teams communicating over the commentator communicating the game to them. That is a bad sign.

I think this is only true for players that actually has a slight grasp of what is going on. I must say that WoW is a terrible game from a spectator point of view for new players overall but still, if you are a new or inexperienced player I feel like the normal commentating is still to be preferred even though mistakes are being made.

#16 wolftickets

wolftickets
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1768
  • 3v3: 2614
  • RBG: 1870
  • LocationMonterey, CA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

Lmao

#17 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

for al you knoww I could be a briliant commentatr

I recommend this guy, he speaks fluent EU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<