• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 864
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

hey guys im posting this topic as I want to hear all of your thoughts on the changes of all the classes in WoD and I want to know how you feel about the changes so far in the beta.

feel free to post anything you want and just let me know what you're thinking about the classes such as your likes and your dislikes

thanks !

#2 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

havent played it but what i do know is if you don't have one of the following you should probably
get around to leveling now:
resto/balance druid
arms/prot warrior
dk
rogue
shadow priest

#3 mirag

mirag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Love what they are doing to warriors, shamans and warlocks :duckers:
Maxpojke can probably scratch arms from that list and add hunter (BM) to it.

#4 Bradzee

Bradzee
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 864
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

yeah im not liking mages atm really since the only source of effective damage seems to be the prismatic crystal talent and most the time players run out of it anyway. I reckon it's only effective when playing with a stunner class so you can execute the opportunity of scoring some damage on other teams.

#5 Phatkat

Phatkat
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2262
  • 3v3: 2367
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1690

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

Resto druids have been simplified too much, and still have absurd talents that make them OP. Rejuv, swiftmend, rejuv, swiftmend, nobody can ever die. I'd like to see germination changed to add two separate rejuvs instead of just doubling the duration.

I like that Ironbark was buffed and the CD put to 1 min, I like that clones are now only hardcasted, I like that haste will possibly be our main stat, Healing Touch might be usable due to the 20% crit buff, I like that bad druids will actually be killable, I like that without lifebloom stacks we'll have more free globals, I like that I'm not reliant on certain classes for symbiosis.

I dislike that lifebloom has only 1 stack so no purge protection, 3 of our glyphs are still too good so we can't pass them up for more interesting ones, hibernate is gone, we still haven't gotten any new druid races, soul of the forest and rampant growth are retarded, soothe is still almost pointless, Heart is still in the game, the barkskin aura mastery glyph is weird it should have it's own ability, overall it just seems like the skill cap for druids will be a bit diminished but I suppose that goes for tons of specs on beta.

Edit: apparently germination does add 2 effects, I think it might be a viable option after all but sotf + rampant growth still need to be nerfed. Also I forgot to mention shroom which is pretty much the same but only lasts 30 secs and has efflorescence built in and you can't detonate it.

Edited by Phatkat, 24 September 2014 - 05:01 AM.

twitch.tv/phatgnat

Ring of Valor did nothing wrong.

#6 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

Resto druids have been simplified too much, and still have absurd talents that make them OP. Rejuv, swiftmend, rejuv, swiftmend, nobody can ever die. I'd like to see germination changed to add two separate rejuvs instead of just doubling the duration.

I like that Ironbark was buffed and the CD put to 1 min, I like that clones are now only hardcasted, I like that haste will possibly be our main stat, Healing Touch might be usable due to the 20% crit buff, I like that bad druids will actually be killable, I like that without lifebloom stacks we'll have more free globals, I like that I'm not reliant on certain classes for symbiosis.

I dislike that lifebloom has only 1 stack so no purge protection, 3 of our glyphs are still too good so we can't pass them up for more interesting ones, hibernate is gone, we still haven't gotten any new druid races, soul of the forest and rampant growth are retarded, soothe is still almost pointless, Heart is still in the game, the barkskin aura mastery glyph is weird it should have it's own ability, overall it just seems like the skill cap for druids will be a bit diminished but I suppose that goes for tons of specs on beta.

I agree with your post. Just be happy that druids are super good even with all the changes. Many classes are down right atrocious right now in beta.

#7 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

bow down to our resto druid overlords

hoping they get rid of about 90% of the current self healing on the beta

and somehow nerf warriors, they're going to be out of control again

Posted Image

#8 kevinqt

kevinqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 670
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

Not spent much time on beta a few hours of 2's skirm's here and there as hunter and tbh i quite enjoyed it,yet to spend a bunch of time on it to test other classes but i guess we will see in the next few weeks when the dust settles and numbers get tuned .

#9 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

Liking most of the changes, obviously some things are god mode and hopefully will be changed (mainly druids), shamans seem a bit under tuned

most of the classes seem kinda boring to play after the ability prune, monks losing ranged disarm and flower rockets is pretty lame

the +15% expertise change to battle fatigue really balanced out the non plate melee vs plate melee problem

it is just really hard to tell how good certain classes/comps are on the beta because of the lack of good players on it, most 2s skirms I play end in 20 seconds as a result of the enemy team having no idea what they are doing

#10 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

Monks have gone from being very mobile to being kited very easily.

I did a game as chi serenity (unlimited chi for like 10 seconds) and stunned a priest and popped it and the priest trinketed, put down a feather and I didn't catch up to him the rest of the game because he was constantly out of range of paralysis and I was being slowed because I had some hunter shooting frost arrows at me.

Whenever monks roll or FSK on live it removes slows because of their effect on their gloves. With the removal that effect on our gloves and making it a glyph which we cannot afford to take as well as removing spinning fire blossoms. monks have literally the worst mobility of any melee, (excluding DK's) which don't require NEARLY as much uptime as monks do.

I tried playing without Chi Explosion (basically a ranged blackout kick) for a few games and quickly determined that classes with sprints (feathers, BoS, druids spam shapeshift + passive movement bonus + sprints) can EASILY, and when I say easily it is actually just the easiest thing to stay away from a monk. All you have to do is keep a slow on it which can only be removed by a monk every 25 seconds and stay out of range of paralysis and it will only catch up to you if it can get a flying serpent kick off and land on top of you, even if that happens it isn't hard to escape again.

Anyways, to prove they have the worst mobility I'll list the other classes,

Rogues - Burst of Speed
Ferals - they are ferals
Warriors - can charge putting a halt to speedy nonsense long enough to apply a slow or stun easily and have heroic leap.
Rets - Freedoms, slow dispels, near constant little sprint
Enh - Multiple freedoms, sprints, and a ranged slow on a short CD
DKs - Don't require nearly as much uptime as anything else

and

Monks - a shitty roll that doesn't compare to sprints (dash, stampeding roar, freedomed paladins with a constant sprint, burst of speed, feathers, etc.) and flying serpent kick which is on a 20s CD and if you are flying at a speeding rogue or priest they can easily switch directions while you are going in that easily predictable straight line. RIP

TLDR: monks mobility sucks cock

on the bright side with chi explosion mobility isn't as big as an issue as it could be if we still had blackout kick.

but it still sucks because generating chi is very important.

#11 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:41 AM

Monks have gone from being very mobile to being kited very easily.

I did a game as chi serenity (unlimited chi for like 10 seconds) and stunned a priest and popped it and the priest trinketed, put down a feather and I didn't catch up to him the rest of the game because he was constantly out of range of paralysis and I was being slowed because I had some hunter shooting frost arrows at me.

Whenever monks roll or FSK on live it removes slows because of their effect on their gloves. With the removal that effect on our gloves and making it a glyph which we cannot afford to take as well as removing spinning fire blossoms. monks have literally the worst mobility of any melee, (excluding DK's) which don't require NEARLY as much uptime as monks do.

I tried playing without Chi Explosion (basically a ranged blackout kick) for a few games and quickly determined that classes with sprints (feathers, BoS, druids spam shapeshift + passive movement bonus + sprints) can EASILY, and when I say easily it is actually just the easiest thing to stay away from a monk. All you have to do is keep a slow on it which can only be removed by a monk every 25 seconds and stay out of range of paralysis and it will only catch up to you if it can get a flying serpent kick off and land on top of you, even if that happens it isn't hard to escape again.

Anyways, to prove they have the worst mobility I'll list the other classes,

Rogues - Burst of Speed
Ferals - they are ferals
Warriors - can charge putting a halt to speedy nonsense long enough to apply a slow or stun easily and have heroic leap.
Rets - Freedoms, slow dispels, near constant little sprint
Enh - Multiple freedoms, sprints, and a ranged slow on a short CD
DKs - Don't require nearly as much uptime as anything else

and

Monks - a shitty roll that doesn't compare to sprints (dash, stampeding roar, freedomed paladins with a constant sprint, burst of speed, feathers, etc.) and flying serpent kick which is on a 20s CD and if you are flying at a speeding rogue or priest they can easily switch directions while you are going in that easily predictable straight line. RIP

TLDR: monks mobility sucks cock

on the bright side with chi explosion mobility isn't as big as an issue as it could be if we still had blackout kick.

but it still sucks because generating chi is very important.

I took chi torpedo after getting angry at xuen for breaking cc, qued into nothing but priests and rogues and just had to sit there and watch them nascar around while I slowly flew through the air at them :(

and yeah @ frost arrows, ranged crippling posion like wtf? finally get to a hunter after disengage and he has masters call up, finally get back to him after that and he has disengage back up which has a freedom and sprint attached to it :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warlords of Draenor, PvP, PvE, Raiding, World of Warcraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<