• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 3v3: 1462

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

hey guys,

i play warrior and hunter on a 2,2k basis and i feel very comfortable with these classes. Now i want to try something new - a shadow priest.
I got some problems and i have no clue how to solve them alone. So im here with some questions:
1. I dont know how to deal with meeles. When they tunnel me i have problems building some distance, even with pillars. I know i got my sprectralguisething and my feathers, but i dont feel like thats enough. So how do i deal with meeles - its too much pressure i guess. Thats my biggest problem... the rest is experience-based. But please tell me how i can get away from those monks, warrior and dks!
2. How do i use these CDs most effectivly? Vampiric Embrace - Shadowfiend - Massdispel
3. In which situations i prefer to use my orbs for the fear/disarm instead for the dmg?
4. Do i Mind Sear when there are 2/3 Targets or do i still Mind Flay?

I would love some tipps and tricks aswell.
I hope you can understand my bad english.

cheers

#2 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

Hi, my name is Sadstory, and I'll answer your points one by one.

1. Bassicly you play with a mage as a sp he should help you to gain distance on melee's. But if that's not an option the best way to play sp is not to gain distance but you should start faking there interrupts and then get your dots out asap. What I do vs melee teams when they train me is Shadow word: Pain everything I can so I get alot of divine insight procs (free mind blasts). Then when my mage makes sure I get some free time I cast vampiric touch on everything for the from darkness comes light procs (free mind spikes) and also to regenerate mana. Since you don't ever want to run oom as a sp.

2. Possition is very important as a sp. at the start of the game I usually use a feather + spectral guise to get a very quick fear. You want to use your vampiric embrace when you have alot of dmg so that means orbs + mind spike procs + on use trinket and when you want to keep your team offensivly even though you know you are gonna take some dmg from the opossing team. I usually use my 'swifty one shot macro' this includes shadow fiend + on use trinket then I press vampiric embrace and then I 3 orb.

3. If you know your other dps has enough dmg to kill a target and you feel like the opossing healer has a way to get away from you when you want to fear. ( I'll give some examples. Paladin: He has a hoj for you or has his sprint thingy so its hard for you to catch up to him. Druid: Has displacer beast, Shadow meld, Typhoon to knock you back if you know he has any of those things its a good time to disarm fear. Shaman: if he is beeing his usually self and trying to sit behind that pillar with healing stream totem and do nothing else, or he tries to earthgrab you or earthbind you its a good time to disarm into fear. but usually you only need it against druids though.)

4. You rarely mind sear. I mind sear at the start of stealther games, so bassicly if I meet a rogue I'll try to mindsear him out. What you can do aswell for example you meet an RMD / RMP and they run behind the pillar to get a reset but you can't target the rogue? and you can target anything else (druid/priest - mage - water elemental) you can mindsear them so you keep the rogue in combat and bassicly prevent his re's.

Hope I helped, and if you like it + rep :D

#3 Spotlight

Spotlight
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 3v3: 1462

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thanks alot. That will help me for sure. :D
I'll be full eq asap and then im going to improve my gameplay. I hope SP's will be good in WOD - whats your opinion on it?
Since you are the best-placed SP, some people are probably wondering if you're going to stream someday - would be interesting i guess :D
What are fun-comps for SP's in 2s?
greets

#4 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

I will stream if I win regionals, my team already qualified for regionals. But If I do win it, I will deffinitly stream!
The druid of my team will stream a session of us playing later today if thats any consolation? Twitch.tv/ryndlol
And 2s isn't really fun as a sp! But if you are bored enough Rdruid / Sp & Mage / Sp works pretty well, it's easier to 2v2 with a mage then a druid though. I haven't tried WOD yet because I might quit the game after this season, I'm pretty bored of the game atm :( I will get a beta key soon though, so might aswell give it a try. I should be able to fraps some stuff there and make a little vid, I'll post it on AJ then.

Good luck & have fun!

#5 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

Fun SP comps in twos:

None.

Jokes aside, Rogue/Sp and Mage/Sp are fun if you get the right queues. Playing with coms will also make it possible to play up to a decent rating with both comps.

If you want to be an asshole, play Rsham/Sp or Rdruid/Sp, both work pretty well.

Sp is arguably one of the weakest 2s classes however, just go and live the Godcomp dream homie

#6 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks alot. That will help me for sure. :D
I'll be full eq asap and then im going to improve my gameplay. I hope SP's will be good in WOD - whats your opinion on it?
Since you are the best-placed SP, some people are probably wondering if you're going to stream someday - would be interesting i guess :D
What are fun-comps for SP's in 2s?
greets

About WoD viability:
I have played and recorded many games on beta. Movie should come in the next 2-3 weeks.

Spriest damage is decent. Mobility with Spectral Guise and Feathers is also good but we take far too much damage. We are #1 target all the time. In 2s if you face double melee they train you and ignore your team mate no matter what.

Without any form of surivability buff we will have a really hard time in 3s against any double melee comp.

Orb generation in general got buffed. In addition our 4pc bonus is great (Orbs are refund after casting psychic horror).

Our only self heal is devouring plague + Shield. Renew got removed. So you have to chaincast flash heals if you are low hp. PoM has a cast time, heals for nothing and cancels shadowform.

Mana "problems" are gone we have passive regen.

Biggest problem besides the lack of damage reduction are cc breaks from almost every melee. Warriors are immune to Psychic Scream (now has a 45 second cd, is a talent and lasts 6 seconds instead of 8). Psyfiend is gone. Dominate Mind is useless anyway and Tendrils got nerfed into oblivion and break after 2 melee hits.

In 5s/RBG/Ashran spriest will be decent because with auspicious spirits and multidot we can create huge pressure because we get so many orbs.

The spec has design issues in pve and pvp everyone on the community agrees but blizzard ignores like many talent issues (Void Entropy, Mindbender, lvl 90 talents) and useless glyphs.

New cool glyphs: Glyph of restored faith (self grip to a party member) and Glyph of Mind harvest (3 Orbs for the first MB on a target but increases the cooldown of MB by 6 sec) which is great in 2s as 2dps. It also works on minions like pets, lightwell etc.

Edited by Theed, 07 September 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#7 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

Quequed against khuna playing 2s as rog/sp yesterday and it wasn't that bad so i guess it works
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sp, shadow, priest, caster, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<