Photo

What is the "synergy" between lock/sham?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 Koly

Koly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2675
  • 3v3: 3159
  • 5v5: 2075
  • RBG: 2749

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

rdruid lock is retarded depending on what you queue into
rsham lock is retarded depending on what you queue into
rdruid mage is retarded depending on what you queue into

theres nothing more to be said, just because one counters what you're playing, or because they play aids as fuck, doesn't mean it's retarded, there's other setups that beat that specific comp, it's futile trying to say one specific one is retarded, even if you give 10 reasons, because theres another 10 reasons why the setup you're playing is retarded aswell.

i dont get why people still debate about this shit

www.twitch.tv/saggyxd

#42 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Melby/Jahmilli

LSD2 is the easiest and strongest boomkin comp, ofcourse they would play it?

There is like 1, maybe 2 WWLS' playing above 2800, if it's so good, why does no one play it?111?1!?11?
I'll let you try and work it out :)

There is like, 1 maybe 2 LDS' playing above 2800, if it's so good, why does no one play it??????????

Already mentioned Melby. The US ladder is completely different to EU so its not really comparable.

I count 15 WWs above 2.8, are you saying only 2 are playing WWLS?

I count 28 eles above 2.8, are you saying only 2 of them play LSD?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

thread in a nutshell:

lock-shaman = garbage, countered by everything, can barely win games, hardest to play

mage-druid = godlike, t1, has no counters, can beat everything, requires no brain to play

The fact, that a "3k rated player" can be this biased and blind just shows how retarded lsd (lock-shaman) is. No, I'm not defending godcomp, wmd let alone rmd, they are just as strong as any lsd is (and I personally hate rmd as well), BUT as those comps you actually need to setup the kill, and hit the same target at the same time without waiting for dampening. (funny huh)

thx for reading before nazi mod deletes my comment again :)

#44 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Already mentioned Melby. The US ladder is completely different to EU so its not really comparable.

I count 15 WWs above 2.8, are you saying only 2 are playing WWLS?

I count 28 eles above 2.8, are you saying only 2 of them play LSD?

there are two good lsds in europe, Zeepeye's and Mine. Others play at sub 2k level when compared to us because everyone else just pves and does random shit and rides on the comp and not individual skill. Can't think of the last time I lost a non zeepeye mirror.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#45 Miixzy

Miixzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Exodar
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2896
  • RBG: 2090

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

bigmoran defending mage druid jaime defending lock shaman? nothing biast here at all... move along =) x

#46 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

I never said DM is bad. I just think its a bit foolish to down play the synergy of LS xd) m8

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#47 Jaytron

Jaytron
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 1829
  • 5v5: 1051

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

Well that escalated quickly.

This thread basically tells me I have a ton of comps to play as a rogue with a mage and shaman alt. Especially with a friend that mains a druid and has a lock alt. :)

#48 Bluckstack

Bluckstack
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationGijón

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

Lock/Shaman/Warrior (works)
Lock/Shaman/DK (works)
Lock/Shaman/Mage (works)
Lock/Shaman/Druid (works in like 3 different specs)
Lock/Shaman/Monk (works)
Lock/Shaman/Hunter (works)
Lock/Shaman/Rogue (works)

So 7/9 classes can play with a Lock/Sham. Lets look at Mage/Druid.

Mage/Druid/Rogue (works)
Mage/Druid/Priest (works)
Mage/Druid/Warrior (works)

So 3/9 classes can be paired up with Mage/Druid and be considered really good. How exactly is Mage/Druid synergy greater than Lock/Sham? I'm honestly interested.

To me it feels like the people playing LSD complains about Mages being OP because they happen to be decent against LSD while everyone just hates LSD.

Edit: None is saying Mage/Druid synergy isn't good, but how is it better than Lock/Sham? I rather face anything with a Mage every second of every minute of every hour of every day of the week than facing anything with a Lock. Ever. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Mage/druid/hunter and mage druid ele would work as good as shadowcleave or rls,probably even better its just that people cba putting some effort when they can play rmd godcomp or wmd.

When we were on the middle of season 13 i tried my best to stop playing comps with a shaman in my team, probably most of you hadnt think about it but for an affliction warlock having a mastery buff passive + spell power its nearly a 25% of your dmg, the only reason burning crusade comps like druid lock war or druid lock rogue or druid lock + x doesnt work its because of the insanely passive buffs from a shaman, its a disgrace for the end game of the PVP in this game that you re so comp capped while trying to play without a shaman, not even mentioning that we have been like that the whole expansion.

So far all you do as a warlock if you play without a shaman is spam DI trying to make it work with your snapshot, and honestly i love to play that way because buffs are important but you cant really face a team with a shaman in that way because they have all the buffs everytime and as you fall behind in the game all they need to do is spam purge on your buffs which makes a fucking huge difference, i would love to have the chance to play with paladins or monks and try to make it work without a fucking shaman.

P.S: its not like rshaman lock sinergy is that strong its most likely that the way they slow the game sometimes its just way too much for a normal team, i would say its way easier to play rshaman lock comps than mage druid ones thats why you see that many comps with those nowadays

Edited by Bluckstack, 07 September 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#49 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

The discussion about MD vs LS is useless, OP asked why LS has so good synergy, he never said anything about LS being the strongest in the game.
The thing that stands out with LS is that almost no matter what the third teammate is, you will still have a viable comp. No other 2 classes has the same amount of viable comps, let alone any other 2 specs if we limit ourselves to resto/affliciton.

The reason for this is that Lock and Shaman are both strong classes indvidually and do not overlap with each other. Most other healers limits the lock due to the way they work, priests because of their CC DRing, monks because no mastery and paralysis being useless or reducing dmg by removing dots, druids because clones prevents dots from dealing damage (LSD obviously still works though) and paladins because, well, paladins.
Shamans on the other hand provides both mastery and spell power which greatly increases warlock damage done, as well as the strongest burst healing in the game, some offensive help with stormlash and purges and a number of cc breaks and avoids. Locks in turn empower shamans by providing some awesome help from being trained with spam fears, gateway and healthstones.

#50 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

rdruid lock is retarded depending on what you queue into
rsham lock is retarded depending on what you queue into
rdruid mage is retarded depending on what you queue into

theres nothing more to be said, just because one counters what you're playing, or because they play aids as fuck, doesn't mean it's retarded, there's other setups that beat that specific comp, it's futile trying to say one specific one is retarded, even if you give 10 reasons, because theres another 10 reasons why the setup you're playing is retarded aswell.

i dont get why people still debate about this shit

it is your arena partner thats doing most of the "debating", you should prolly try putting him back into his box once in a while, no?

also has flavours been promied a free gladiator boost by jaimie or something, why is he sucking him off in every single post now? :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 07 September 2014 - 02:24 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#51 mazu

mazu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2059
  • 3v3: 2566
  • RBG: 1756

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:07 AM

O .-.
(\_.' '.
./\. LSD/Godcomp

think that describes everyones feelings just perfectly

-Maz out
Posted Image

#52 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

I really don't mind mage druid tbh

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#53 Np-

Np-
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/./././././.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

k

i was gonna just briefly give an overview of why lock shaman isn't as good as mage druid but you seem to put some effort into yours so I'll do the same;

L/S does have all of what bigmoran posted, however M/D has a looot more.

Double Iceblock, allowing them to run behind the pillar more by avoiding more cc, complimenting the playstyle of mage perfectly.
Druids are already immune to 25-30% of the cc in the game unless pom sheep or something similar.
Any viable 3rd for druid mage x has a extremely short cd immunity (cloak), break (BR for fears), or the cc passively that one cc on their dps won't actually matter as they remove somebody from the game for up to 40 seconds while overlapping x)
Druids and Mages together are especially stupid when paired with feathers from SP or a rogue with BOS, as all three can get behind the pillar in <3 seconds thanks to retardedly overpowered mobility.
M/D can, if allowed to (its difficult to stop also, i.e deep>kick sheep>lol mage rof xD haha outplayed xd) indefinitely cc someone.
the amount of buffs mages / druids have make alter time / fear ward practically undispellable.
temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

there is loads more and I could draw comparisons between the two, both are stupid in the way resto shamans can pillar but rshaman lock is nowhere near md level stupid.

The fact that you are unaware resto druids get one ice block on a 5 minute cool down and also get useful ability's much shorter cool downs from lock/shamman just alone shows how insane uninformed, biased, and just flat out cringe worthy your post is. You're comparing the CC immunity of a 5 minute single target CC breaker to 'avoid CC' to 4 times per 3 minutes totem which has an AoE fear/wyvern breaker, as well as just having grounding and sheer on short cool downs to stop cc in the first place.

You then mention mage rdruid can forever control some one if allowed and is hard to stop, but since you made the argument of composition based strength of mage rdruid x and not just mage rdruid, I will also make the argument can't every strong rsham lock x comp do the same amount of CC or more if allowed? HLS, LSD2, MLS, etc.

The last part is just laughable. Assuming that a mage is not silenced and activates temp shield at 80% life, and during the 4 seconds the debuff last 400 thousand damage is done to them, meaning they are taking 100 thousand DPS exactly as they temp/are not silenced/its off cd, they will be at 56000 HP when the healing debuff activates, this will leave them with a 26k HPS hot which first tick is at 5 seconds after temp shield. Meaning at 56k hp taking 100 thousand dps per a second you will get exactly one tick for 26000 of your health then instantly die unless cen ward ticks for the remaining 74000 HP that same second.

You're comparing this to be more healing than a 10% resto shamman self natures swiftness healing amount.

So much more i could comment but you really need to take a look at your self and your view on the game and consider why LSD, god comp, MLS, HLS, the list goes on for a while, are all able to be played to rank 1 ratings. They are both very strong and one is not heavily stronger than the other.

#54 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

it is your arena partner thats doing most of the "debating", you should prolly try putting him back into his box once in a while, no?

also has flavours been promied a free gladiator boost by jaimie or something, why is he sucking him off in every single post now? :)

the only reason koly is writing that is because
Posted Image

inc bigmoran ddos

#55 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

ya, maybe even getting rank 1 if i convince the admins to ban you :)
Posted Image

#56 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

ya, maybe even getting rank 1 if i convince the admins to ban you :)

smiley circlejerk!

:) :) :) :)

#57 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

I approve with Bigmoran and I don't even know the guy.

Btw: this is my first post ever!

#58 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

I approve with Bigmoran and I don't even know the guy.

Btw: this is my first post ever!

yeah but you can only play godcomp

(more smileys)

:) :) :) :) :) :)

#59 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

Ugh, well its the only comp sp's play really?
+ I play fireeeeeeeplay :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ( smileys for Jaime )
+ to bad you didn't qualify, would have been great to have a 'real' lsd in the qualifiers.

And I have nothing against you before you start flaming me, I just think your posts in this thread aren't that accurate.

Edited by Sadstory1337, 07 September 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#60 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Ugh, well its the only comp sp's play really?
+ I play fireeeeeeeplay :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ( smileys for Jaime )
+ to bad you didn't qualify, would have been great to have a 'real' lsd in the qualifiers.

And I have nothing against you before you start flaming me, I just think your posts in this thread aren't that accurate.

Fire play is pretty broken too tbh :P, I get sp doesn't have any comps tho.
I have nothing against you either, or livin. Just dislike the comp you play :)
+ we kind of drew the short straw in the qualifiers, we had 3 teams in the tournament we were scared of, Volta, the rls, and bloodx. We faced Volta 1st series and bloodx the next, the vods are there tbh I felt we played really well those games but little shit let us down, like gate bugging or them critting a fulminate and slam same global, and going 3-2 against the team who will likely win Bcon is something I'm happy enough with.

Edited by jaimex, 07 September 2014 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<