Photo

What is the "synergy" between lock/sham?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

ArenaJunkies, Sides with 2500 druid over 3k Ele shaman, on Shaman/lock synergy

Dat 5s r1 doe :)))

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#22 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

Jaime is right on this one

#23 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

I went through point by point and provided counterexamples while you respond to my whole post with a picture.

Nice mate xd) typical.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Bigmoran made the best point when comparing mage/druid vs lock/sham synergy.

Just look at the amount of viable comps.

You can pretty much roll anyone out with a lock/sham and hit high ratings. Perfect counter example would be inserting a hunter. Lock/sham team is still great but hunt/mage/druid will be tough to pull off. Same with dk etc.

People who are looking at the ladders and noticing more mage/druid teams are looking at a whole different issue. Mage/rogue/druid or spriest/mage/druid synergy. Ladders complicate the discussion.

Just b/c RMD might be better than anything a lock/sham can roll out doesn't mean that mage/druid has more/better synergy.

#25 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

How is this even an argument? Both comps are strong, l/s has infinitely more comps available. All the rest is filler.

I don't even fotm

#26 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

seriously? lol

it's okay, next season you can't get title from 5's, he has to make the most of it
Posted Image

#27 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Lock/Shaman/Warrior (works)
Lock/Shaman/DK (works)
Lock/Shaman/Mage (works)
Lock/Shaman/Druid (works in like 3 different specs)
Lock/Shaman/Monk (works)
Lock/Shaman/Hunter (works)
Lock/Shaman/Rogue (works)

So 7/9 classes can play with a Lock/Sham. Lets look at Mage/Druid.

Mage/Druid/Rogue (works)
Mage/Druid/Priest (works)
Mage/Druid/Warrior (works)

So 3/9 classes can be paired up with Mage/Druid and be considered really good. How exactly is Mage/Druid synergy greater than Lock/Sham? I'm honestly interested.

To me it feels like the people playing LSD complains about Mages being OP because they happen to be decent against LSD while everyone just hates LSD.

Edit: None is saying Mage/Druid synergy isn't good, but how is it better than Lock/Sham? I rather face anything with a Mage every second of every minute of every hour of every day of the week than facing anything with a Lock. Ever. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Edited by Schvetolga, 06 September 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Lock/Shaman/Warrior (works)
Lock/Shaman/DK (works)
Lock/Shaman/Mage (works)
Lock/Shaman/Druid (works in like 3 different specs)
Lock/Shaman/Monk (works)
Lock/Shaman/Hunter (works)
Lock/Shaman/Rogue (works)

So 7/9 classes can play with a Lock/Sham. Lets look at Mage/Druid.

Mage/Druid/Rogue (works)
Mage/Druid/Priest (works)
Mage/Druid/Warrior (works)

So 3/9 classes can be paired up with Mage/Druid and be considered really good. How exactly is Mage/Druid synergy greater than Lock/Sham? I'm honestly interested.

To me it feels like the people playing LSD complains about Mages being OP because they happen to be decent against LSD while everyone just hates LSD.

Quantity =/= Quality

You forgot alot of comps too :) Mage/Boomkin Rogue/Boomkin Triple DPS etc
Posted Image

#29 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Quantity =/= Quality

You forgot alot of comps too :) Mage/Boomkin Rogue/Boomkin Triple DPS etc

These are not top tier like the Lock/Sham variations. Just comps.

Literally every variation that I mentioned of Lock/Sham is seen more often than the ones you've mentioned. And are also better.

Edited by Schvetolga, 06 September 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

These are not top tier like the Lock/Sham variations. Just comps.

Literally every variation that I mentioned of Lock/Sham is seen more often than the ones you've mentioned. And are also better.

Mage/Druid has the same amount of top tier comps, there's no doubt. Better? That's a matter of opinion, bigmorans arguments are just fluff with pictures and a name behind them, take away the names from whos posting, and you'll find people agreeing with the other party :)
Posted Image

#31 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

Mage/Druid has the same amount of top tier comps, there's no doubt. Better? That's a matter of opinion, bigmorans arguments are just fluff with pictures and a name behind them, take away the names from whos posting, and you'll find people agreeing with the other party :)

How is 6-7 top tier comps for Lock/Sham the same amount as Mage/Druid which has 3? What is better is not a matter of opinion, but fact.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

How is 6-7 top tier comps for Lock/Sham the same amount as Mage/Druid which has 3? What is better is not a matter of opinion, but fact.

RMD
Godcomp
Warrior Mage Druid
Mage / Ele / Druid
Boomkin / Mage
Boomkin / Rogue
Boomkin / Mage / Rogue
Feral / Mage

There's more if i put my mind to it :)
Posted Image

#33 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

the difference is, RMD/Godcomp/WMD are fucking godtier, half the comps are only t1 and the rest are t2, and godcomp has one counter, rmd, rmd has no counters, and wmd can beat everything also. most lock shaman comps are countered by a lot of shit

#34 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

ArenaJunkies, Sides with 2500 druid over 3k Ele shaman, on Shaman/lock synergy

First of all, Moran isn't a 2500 druid. Second, Jaime's viewpoint on the topic at hand is a dull, imbecilic one. Below, I've highlighted the portions of his comment which are just blatantly idiotic.

Double Iceblock, allowing them to run behind the pillar more by avoiding more cc, complimenting the playstyle of mage perfectly.
Druids are already immune to 25-30% of the cc in the game unless pom sheep or something similar.
Any viable 3rd for druid mage x has a extremely short cd immunity (cloak), break (BR for fears), or the cc passively that one cc on their dps won't actually matter as they remove somebody from the game for up to 40 seconds while overlapping x)
Druids and Mages together are especially stupid when paired with feathers from SP or a rogue with BOS, as all three can get behind the pillar in <3 seconds thanks to retardedly overpowered mobility.
M/D can, if allowed to (its difficult to stop also, i.e deep>kick sheep>lol mage rof xD haha outplayed xd) indefinitely cc someone.
the amount of buffs mages / druids have make alter time / fear ward practically undispellable.
temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

It was just so hard to choose. I've lost brain cells from reading his post. Temporal Shield + Iron Bark + Cenarion Ward > Ancestral Swiftness + Shaman Mastery on a target @10% HP? Lol'd.

What fucking Shadow Priest uses feathers on a Resto Druid who already has the most mobility in the game? And you're getting mad because Godcomp is able to LoS your retarded RNG damage?

Why would you kick the sheep (knowing it locks out arcane and not frost) when you can just ground -> shear RoF?

The amount of buffs they have make Alter Time / Fear Ward undispellable? It really appears to me as if you're channeling your hatred for Godcomp into this single post because the mage can Alter your procs.
Please review signature rules.

#35 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

RMD
Godcomp
Warrior Mage Druid
Mage / Ele / Druid
Boomkin / Mage
Boomkin / Rogue
Boomkin / Mage / Rogue
Feral / Mage

There's more if i put my mind to it :)

These are not top tier. Not hard to understand. They work if Melby plays them but that's because Melby is a fucking god and he plays it with Mehhx and other top tier players, not because its a top tier comp.

the difference is, RMD/Godcomp/WMD are fucking godtier, half the comps are only t1 and the rest are t2, and godcomp has one counter, rmd, rmd has no counters, and wmd can beat everything also. most lock shaman comps are countered by a lot of shit

Yes, RMD and Godcomp are godtier, but so is LSD/LSD2. The thing is, you refuse to admit that LSD is anywhere near godcomp/RMD simply because they have a decent chance of winning against you. You didnt reach 3k because LSD is bad.

Edited by Schvetolga, 06 September 2014 - 10:15 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

These are not top tier. Not hard to understand. They work if Melby plays them but that's because Melby is a fucking god and he plays it with Mehh and other top tier players, not because its a top tier comp.

boomkin mage is really fucking good.

#37 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

These are not top tier. Not hard to understand. They work if Melby plays them but that's because Melby is a fucking god and he plays it with Mehh and other top tier players, not because its a top tier comp.

Oh don't bother. 3200 rated? It's Tier 1, it has every single trait of a tier 1 comp, The other comps all have been played to 2800+ rating. If you're calling WLS a tier 1 comp but not Boomkin / Mage you're deluded. World of Compcraft is not decided by the players who play them :)
Posted Image

#38 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Oh don't bother. 3200 rated? It's Tier 1, it has every single trait of a tier 1 comp, The other comps all have been played to 2800+ rating. If you're calling WLS a tier 1 comp but not Boomkin / Mage you're deluded. World of Compcraft is not decided by the players who play them :)

Who exactly played any of the comps I highlighted to 3.2? Theres a reason most boomkins only queue LSD2, and I'm fairly certain its not because they all just happen to love it the most.

If Boomkin/Mage is so fucking good, why does none play it? Just pure coincidence?

Edited by Schvetolga, 06 September 2014 - 10:21 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

melby and jahmilli / akish and russian mage / livin and that boomkin whos name i forget

#40 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Who exactly played any of the comps I highlighted to 3.2? Theres a reason most boomkins only queue LSD2, and I'm fairly certain its not because they all just happen to love it the most.

If Boomkin/Mage is so fucking good, why does none play it? Just pure coincidence?

Melby/Jahmilli

LSD2 is the easiest and strongest boomkin comp, ofcourse they would play it?

There is like 1, maybe 2 WWLS' playing above 2800, if it's so good, why does no one play it?111?1!?11?
I'll let you try and work it out :)

There is like, 1 maybe 2 LDS' playing above 2800, if it's so good, why does no one play it??????????

Edited by Flavours, 06 September 2014 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<