• Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2205
  • 5v5: 480

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Okay, so I'm trying to grind out 2.2 in 2s for arena master.  I'm best on my enhance  and my friend plays a hpally. Is this a viable comp for 2.2?  We're stuck between 2050-2150 mmr right now.  It  just seems like there is not a lot I can do versus healer/melee (ww/feral/dk in particular). Seems like they always have another defensive for my offensive CDs.

Sometimes we'll manage to get big defensives without CDs if they don't have a decurse, but it's somewhat rare.  

Should I be training healers more often? Seems like when I do they either have more pressure on my healer (outside of ascendance of course) or they have far too much peel.  

Is the general 2s strat to pve for 15 mins then get a kill or to go on the defense every time ascendance is down?

Let me hear some advice! I'm 100% new to running healer dps in 2s

#2 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

i say try a druid Hpriest or Mistweaver for the higher throughput and or CC
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#3 Devilswater

Devilswater
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the advice. Believe me I wish my bud played anything but hpal. But id rather not just swap him just because of his class. I want to try to adapt or improve and use that as a last resort. Any other tips/strats would be much appreciated!

#4 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

You need someone who can CC and do some help in damage. Above a certain raiting, people stop dieing to your Asc, and without that you have a really hard time killing anyone.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#5 Devilswater

Devilswater
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the insight. So if I wanted to stay with my hpal. Would I be better off going ele?

#6 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

I played with hpala as enhance to 2,3+ and it works just fine with decent communication.
Fear, Stun and hex should be coordinated and used every time it's off CD togheter to force pressure trinkets etc.  

hpala works just as fine :)

#7 Devilswater

Devilswater
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

That's awesome totemtoe. For the most part did you stun healer into fear or have stun on kill target during hex/fear? Also, what was your kill target against ferals/dks/ww monks? What are your thoughts on training healers deeper into dampening?

#8 Apexe

Apexe
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2530
  • 3v3: 2452
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

hello there. i play enh hpriest and hpally @ 2400 cr+ atm.. we always train the dps. and usaly win by doing a hard swap to the healer whit cordinated cc or a randome 160k ele blast to the dps. but manny matches can go to dampening. when that happens. ww monk and healer is the hardest for us atleast

#9 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2125
  • 5v5: 2031
  • RBG: 2040
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

I've played with an enhancement friend of mine a few times and the games I feel were more fun than a mage/priest but normally it always went deep into dampening where the shaman's burst dps was just higher than our kill target.  Normally, a simple stun or fear from me into a hex while the shaman blows his load would win us the game.  Totemtoe is right about chaining CC's together everytime it's off cooldown.  Eventually it'll lead to a kill after forcing a few d cd's.  
I love facing a pally in 2s because, like priests, so easily CC'd unless you face a really good one where he counters every attempt... which is few and far between.  Sad how as mentioned above any other healer would be better. :(
gl bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<