#23 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:00 AM

why dont they just go ahead and invite their friends to the tournament already so we can save ourselves a month

#24 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Yo how do I get a refund for preordering Gaylords of Shitrenor?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#25 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

and didn't ESL have the same sort of tournament style sign up play during wrath?

idk what everyone is bitching about - sign up and play it is really that simple.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#26 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 04 September 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

and didn't ESL have the same sort of tournament style sign up play during wrath?

idk what everyone is bitching about - sign up and play it is really that simple.
Yup, ESL tournament realm had a similar signup but you played on a ESL TR realm with a ladder.
Posted Image

Back when 2gd and the weird dude would jump into any live game and spectate with blizzard spec UI.

Edited by Holypalaswe, 04 September 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#27 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostHolypalaswe, on 04 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Yup, ESL tournament realm had a similar signup but you played on a ESL TR realm with a ladder.
Posted Image

Back when 2gd and the weird dude would jump into any live game and spectate with blizzard spec UI.
bringing back such good memories of rogue mage hpala vs your comp in season 6 :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 04 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#28 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostLolflay, on 04 September 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

WHERE IS JONTE ?

I HEARD HE MADE AN APPEARANCE AND WE SHALL BE SURPRISED ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF HIS VISIT, I THOUGHT BLIZZ REPS TOLD HIM THIS GAME IS GOING PLACES PVP-WISE

rofl stupid swe kid, and stupid blizzard really. I know of said method and it'd be perfectly fine to use IF this was any other game than WoW.

Not running TR quals and not running team system over CR system is absolutely fucking dumb.

I don't particulary give a fuck or two, I just enjoy the amusement of witnessing all the wrong turns blizz keeps taking. Smart company (y)

See it's funny you call him a kid when from my experience with your posts you behave like a 5 yr old

OT : gg wp blizz

#29 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2435
  • 3v3: 2593
  • 5v5: 2038
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Has anyone successfully signed up a team / been placed in a group or match / has made it onto the realm?

#30 Dayzlol

Dayzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1573
  • 3v3: 2427
  • RBG: 1838

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Seriosly they could atleast let armageddon host the qualifiers this is just retarded. So the game MVP is gonna be ragebooter.

#31 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 04 September 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

actually ....

this is how ESEA organizes their games via their website - two team captains discuss details and come to common ground on a date

both teams log on ... play the games and record and/or screenshot the end game score and report it via uploading or what have you.

its different from the usual Tournament Realm but not exactly pointless or awful

just depends on how THIS particular website does things and how well its organized via blizzard and if it works just as well as ESEA does with their matches then this would be quite awesome

they could just be cutting the tournament realm out of it due to them not wanting to spending money on it and figure if you're going to want to qualify for a tournament then you already have a fully geared character of your choice and already have the comp in mind that you want to play so why waste resources on a new realm?

Considering there is a 20$ charge for each person that wants the tourney realm, do you really think theyre wasting money or resources on it? lol
Why monkeys? Im starting to believe these monkeys have been snake bitten.. A whistling Dennis Rodman and a snake bitten monkey are no different. For these tree dwellers hath stolen the eggs of the momma parakeet. The howler monkey howls at dawn and dusk, the spider monkey yelps "yeeeeee yeeeeee" through the forest. Even the cud chewing antelope ease drop from a far. Tranquilize the monkeys and put them in a zoo, says the man with the red beard and boonie hat. And now I've got shit pie on my face?

Posted Image

#32 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2832
  • 5v5: 2039
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

Im surprised they dont make you attatch an MS paint artist's rendition of the match too.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#33 AndrewB

AndrewB

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

This sounds like gamebattles lol.

#34 HoodzL2Pretard

HoodzL2Pretard

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

i believe they are used to the wintrade and ddos on us, just look at the amount of bots bailamos uses to play rbg
Posted Image
that being said, we all know the teams who will go to blizzcon anyway, better hope they act professional y?

Edited by HoodzL2Pretard, 04 September 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 04 September 2014 - 12:59 AM, said:

actually ....

this is how ESEA organizes their games via their website - two team captains discuss details and come to common ground on a date

both teams log on ... play the games and record and/or screenshot the end game score and report it via uploading or what have you.

its different from the usual Tournament Realm but not exactly pointless or awful

just depends on how THIS particular website does things and how well its organized via blizzard and if it works just as well as ESEA does with their matches then this would be quite awesome

they could just be cutting the tournament realm out of it due to them not wanting to spending money on it and figure if you're going to want to qualify for a tournament then you already have a fully geared character of your choice and already have the comp in mind that you want to play so why waste resources on a new realm?

This method has been used for a long time; it's how we used to schedule matches when I was involved in competitive team leagues in a lot of older video games. We didn't have many 'tournaments,' instead we had leagues spanning many weeks that involved negotiated scheduling by team captains.

It worked pretty well then, but that's not what it sounds like ESL is doing. It sounds like ESL is assigning match times, and then saying "show up or lose."
feral always

#36 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostDatah, on 04 September 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

This method has been used for a long time; it's how we used to schedule matches when I was involved in competitive team leagues in a lot of older video games. We didn't have many 'tournaments,' instead we had leagues spanning many weeks that involved negotiated scheduling by team captains.

It worked pretty well then, but that's not what it sounds like ESL is doing. It sounds like ESL is assigning match times, and then saying "show up or lose."

ah just re read the rules again and as i said it just depends on how ESL is running it and it looks like you have a 10 minute time limit the day of? I would hope they would give you a scheduled date to play then allow you to confirm with the team you're facing to see if that suits you just in case a scenario such as this came along : make a date for oh October 13th 2014 - 7 out of 8 teams cant make that date so you automatically default the tournament ot that one team that could?

that would be such a horrible way to run a tournament and I really hope it doesn't turn out to be that way :(
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#37 Blueberrysoda

Blueberrysoda

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

If a orb botting monk qualifies? O.o

#38 Koly

Koly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2570
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 2767

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

http://battlefy.com/...50979a0e3/teams

european teams that have registered so far

#39 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sounds a bit like how Diablo 2 PvP leagues used to be, but I'm not sure what the set game times are about. It's also only played during one weekend? Huh?

Edited by Abidalzim, 04 September 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#40 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1865
  • 3v3: 2871
  • RBG: 2190

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

wow 10 teams so far and 8 gonna move on to the next round? :D