general skill bar for mm hunter

huntermm arena hunterarena mm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 poillui

poillui
  • Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

I just hit 90 on my hunter and was wondering what a good skill bar would look like for 3's and what the best DPS rotation would be.

#2 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

hey man, I think you are going into 3s in one of the worst way possible. 3s require a lot of knowledge about the game already so you should play bg/2s first imo (I'm guessing you are a new to pvp?). A lot of the players here have had their own bars for years and know excactly where everything is how its setup.

The best thing you can do is play a lot of bgs/arenas and set your own bars up, read a guide (pretty sure there's on in the hunters forums in AJ updated for the latest patch) and watch streams if you want to get better fast. If you play a lot you realize what binds you like and not.

About the DPS rotation (not sure if its in the guide), there isnt really a rotation anymore afaik. For most classes its rather just a priority list.

Hope I could help a bit and I wish you the best of luck

Edited by RippedLife, 01 September 2014 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

chimera shot

#4 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

It's more of a priority than a rotation. You want to chimera shot off cooldown. Steady shot in pairs to keep steady focus up. If you have chimera shot on Cooldown and extra focus then you dump with arcane shot. Widow venom should be kept up always in arena if there is no class on your team with the mortal strike effect already.

Make sure you keybind things and aren't clicking them either. Binding abilities and using them that way is much better after you get familiar with them and you should also bind Target arena 1,2,3 Probably to F1-F3 or what you find comfortable.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#5 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

Aimed Shot Proc (If target is above 80% Health) > Chimera Shot > Kill Shot (If available) > Aimed Shot Proc (If target is below 80% Health) > Glaive Toss (On cooldown, provided it won't break CC) > Arcane Shot as required > Steady Shot

This was taken directly from a Hunter thread, sounds about right to me, it will come naturally how to output damage when you get to grips with the class, then you can better manage procs and cooldowns

I'd tell you to focus less on flat out damage, you need to think about what tools you have as a Marksmanship Hunter.

For example - A blanket Silence in the form of Silencing Shot. This will be invaluable to shut out healers and to stop pressure from casters.
- A more involved play-style. From my experience certainly, I find MM a more satisfying spec to play than the 'Sit back, Pet damage' aspect of BM or the 'DoT and RNG Burst' of Survival. This could be a personal bias of mine. But hey.
- Focus regeneration during Rapid Fire, leading to far more efficient burst phases.
- Some passive slows, from Chimera Shot. Not to be underestimated
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#6 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

Make sure you keybind things and aren't clicking them either. Binding abilities and using them that way is much better after you get familiar with them and you should also bind Target arena 1,2,3 Probably to F1-F3 or what you find comfortable.

Also this.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#7 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

Aimed Shot Proc (If target is above 80% Health) > Chimera Shot > Kill Shot (If available) > Aimed Shot Proc (If target is below 80% Health) > Glaive Toss (On cooldown, provided it won't break CC) > Arcane Shot as required > Steady Shot

This was taken directly from a Hunter thread, sounds about right to me, it will come naturally how to output damage when you get to grips with the class, then you can better manage procs and cooldowns

I'd tell you to focus less on flat out damage, you need to think about what tools you have as a Marksmanship Hunter.

For example - A blanket Silence in the form of Silencing Shot. This will be invaluable to shut out healers and to stop pressure from casters.
- A more involved play-style. From my experience certainly, I find MM a more satisfying spec to play than the 'Sit back, Pet damage' aspect of BM or the 'DoT and RNG Burst' of Survival. This could be a personal bias of mine. But hey.
- Focus regeneration during Rapid Fire, leading to far more efficient burst phases.
- Some passive slows, from Chimera Shot. Not to be underestimated

underlined part is really the most important thing about mm which differentiates top end hunters from others is how you set up your damage,and also you should always try to keep your arcane shot buff (800pvp power) b4 u chimera or aimedshot proc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: huntermm, arena, hunterarena, mm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<