• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1023
  • 3v3: 96
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1714

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 AM

There are 4 fundamental flaws currently that have affected this game. IF we solve point # 1 I believe the rest will fall into place.

1) Everyone can do everything, too many abilities. I remember when a pro dps would bandage, pro rogues would sap or gouge and bandage, hunters would trap shit and kite. Now all this recoup shit. Priest with stealth? Sprint? Am I a damn resto druid? No I wish but priests shouldnt have such mobility even so. All of the classes have lost their niche and have too much. Too much heals. Too many defensives. Too much CC!!! Paladin fears wtf is that? Why is that even a thing?

2) Too much damn CC and interrupts. As you can tell this stems from point #1. Too many classes have too much cc and interrupts. Why do paladins have fear? why? Everyone has a goddamn kick.

3) No casting. Why are casters called casters when they dont cast? They can't cast because of all the flaws stemming from points 1 and 2. We need to fix point 1 then all the other problems will resolve itself.

4) Games are way too fast. Lower the damage. I know this will ruin the game for CoD kids like flavour but it's better for the game.

PST: Finally a shout out to mana. More like energy at the rate it regens.

Another other fundamental flaws I may have missed?

#2 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted Yesterday, 06:15 AM

no rank 1 frostbolt is a fundamental flaw
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#3 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted Yesterday, 06:16 AM

I completely agree with you but it's too late in the worst expansion to date to fix these issues.

inb4 some rep hungry f@ggot makes a comment saying a similar post was made a few days ago.

#4 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 AM

View Postwashboardabsx, on 31 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

4) Games are way too fast. Lower the damage. I know this will ruin the game for CoD kids like flavour but it's better for the game.

Games are only fast if you suck.. You should take this out.

#5 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 AM

The arms race is way out of hand. Theres just simply too much utility of each classes (specially for warrior )
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#6 washboardabsx

washboardabsx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1023
  • 3v3: 96
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1714

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 AM

View Postabolishedtehe, on 31 August 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'm referring to you're either at 100% hp or 10% or you're dead. Too fast paced and mongoloid. No tug o war in regards to mana or hp.

#7 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 AM

I'm referring to you're either at 100% hp or 10% or you're dead.

It's like this since the first day of Wotlk, with S5 dk spaming icy touch during a DnD fear.
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Nexxer

Nexxer

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 AM

View Postabolishedtehe, on 31 August 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

not sure if srs or retarded

actually dont even know why i wonder, its obvious
Posted Image

#9 Samyh

Samyh

Posted Yesterday, 12:01 PM

cd on dispel is a fundamental flaw

#10 dominera

dominera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted Yesterday, 12:13 PM

I totally agree, it feels like no class is as unique as they used to be. Its like blizz want every class to have everything as you say, if you play pala ofc you gonna be allowed to fear, if you play priest ofc you gonna be able to stealth.

Its too much instants in this game yeah, but you cant really fix it by simply making casters cast more, everything is balanced together with interrupts and other abilities so they would have to change alot, and by obvious reasons it wont be changed until WoD. Luckily they are chaning alot of things in the next xpac. I have not played the beta alot, but it seems alot better, especially with silences not being blankets anymore, only lockouts (for 6 seconds). I really like that, scoring a kill while blanket on healer is so fucking boring

#11 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1799
  • 3v3: 2462
  • 5v5: 2025
  • RBG: 1906

Posted Yesterday, 12:59 PM

View Postwashboardabsx, on 31 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

There are 4 fundamental flaws currently that have affected this game. IF we solve point # 1 I believe the rest will fall into place.

1) Everyone can do everything, too many abilities. I remember when a pro dps would bandage, pro rogues would sap or gouge and bandage, hunters would trap shit and kite. Now all this recoup shit. Priest with stealth? Sprint? Am I a damn resto druid? No I wish but priests shouldnt have such mobility even so. All of the classes have lost their niche and have too much. Too much heals. Too many defensives. Too much CC!!! Paladin fears wtf is that? Why is that even a thing?

2) Too much damn CC and interrupts. As you can tell this stems from point #1. Too many classes have too much cc and interrupts. Why do paladins have fear? why? Everyone has a goddamn kick.

3) No casting. Why are casters called casters when they dont cast? They can't cast because of all the flaws stemming from points 1 and 2. We need to fix point 1 then all the other problems will resolve itself.

PST: Finally a shout out to mana. More like energy at the rate it regens.

Another other fundamental flaws I may have missed?

+1

These posts are always solid. Sadly enough though, the chances of this individual post making any difference about the flaws mentioned are very slim.

I feel like doing damage should be harder for most classes, for example Warrior, I can do every ability in every stance.Even shield abiltities without a god damn shield!

Compare just needing a Melee 2h weapon, a random stance of any choice, and colossus smash on the target. To having Slice'n'Dice up, Rupture on the target, Find weakness applied, and also preferrably a stacked energy bar. The difference is unbelievable..

the small effort needed in order to actually do damage is too low on many classes, I feel like, if they'd remove Hemo glyph and balance Find Weakness out so that Rogue's don't do massive damage with it applied and close to none sustained w/o it, Rogue's would probably be the leading example of what should be required in order for a dps class to do damage effectively.

Let's not mention Hunter's for the sake of the threads future.

Edited by Doctor M, Yesterday, 01:08 PM.

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#12 jaimex

jaimex

Posted Yesterday, 01:18 PM

fuck you cod kid flavour

#13 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1504
  • 3v3: 2421
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

also dispel cd, please

edit: damn samz u beat me

Edited by freshfreefly, Yesterday, 04:17 PM.

View PostDillypoo, on 03 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#14 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 2476
  • 5v5: 1934
  • RBG: 2119
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Of the points you made they're already fixed on beta. Mages have to cast (unless in world pvp with 2 pc pve)
Pally fear was taken away weeks ago when they nerfed tremor back to wotlk style.

CC tables severely decreased(beta), blanket cc (except priest) was removed. Everyone has kicks yes, the only way to combat that without severely affecting the flow of the current game would be to share the cd of kicks.

Games feel much slower, the speed of games has been decreased and less cooldown stacking has helped. However melee is a little too strong vs casters.  Personal Bias but i look forward to seeing more melee/caster/healer instead of 2x wizard.

Maj of the flaws you stated they're already fixing, some of your complaints (pally fear) are not even in next xpack.

Current flaws on beta would be hunter trap cd being too low. (Wyvern has a cast time now)
Hybrid healing being a little too high, which they seem to be still balancing.

Edited by rob-hype, Yesterday, 04:29 PM.

Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#15 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Games are way too fast. Lower the damage. I know this will ruin the game for CoD kids like flavour but it's better for the game.

That was blizzards answer to making everything viable tbh. S12 was the polar opposite where stuff like godcomp could time out most games if they wanted given the lack of BF and the defensives available. Everyone prefers quicker games over super long ones but it's boring as fuck right now with the damage and cc available. Very little takes any skill to setup so it's just a cd vs cd race which is decided by what comp you run.

Games are fast when you're not playing a wizard cleave with spammable fear/clone and a boomy who can cover literally every mistake with offheals.

#16 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 PM

play with a shaman if you want slow games

#17 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2455
  • 3v3: 2961
  • 5v5: 2475
  • RBG: 2036

Posted Today, 03:33 AM

View PostSmooviex, on 31 August 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

play with a shaman if you want slow games
or a monk

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

nerf monk super saiyan mobility.

#19 Justicethis

Justicethis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1402
  • 3v3: 1532
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationIceland

Posted Today, 07:02 AM

Fear for :paladin:  is out and i would love to see Turn Evil being an glyphable instant cast like back in the days would help a lot vs :warlock:  and :deathknight: .

I haven't played beta but how is :hunter:  instant traps?

#20 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted Today, 07:13 AM

View PostJusticethis, on 01 September 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

I haven't played beta but how is :hunter:  instant traps?
insanely easy to land (never ever played a hunter before, queued some random 2s/3s, was able to pretty much trap whatever i wanted, traps land and activate instantly so are pretty much unavoidable)

fortunatly hunters still do less damage then a warrior using no abilities and autohitting, so until they finish tuning hunters, its not as absolutely broken as it could be :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, Today, 07:19 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flaw, flaws, problem, broken

17 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users

<