Photo

Priest Overlords have RETURNED

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

btw.. wtf with barkskin being 30 secs cd ? :\

Yeah I don't get how Blizzard can look at Resto Druids on Beta right now and say, "Hey we should probably give them stronger defensive CDs."

#22 Wayreth

Wayreth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2277
  • RBG: 1758

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Not sure how many people here have actually played a disc priest on beta, but they are arguably the shittiest healing spec in pvp on beta. I agree its probably a stupid change in the wrong area, but its not nearly enough to make discs "overlords".

#23 nyzzeh

nyzzeh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-C'Thun
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't see the addition of silence as a bad thing as long as they address the PScream problem of not being baseline and 30 sec cd + 8 sec duration, while deleting spectral guise and feathers so that it's not as easy to land an offensive fear.
Changing guise with some kind of temporary immunity to melee damage would be nice and on par with the other 2 talents, which are all about survivability.

Edited by nyzzeh, 28 August 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#24 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

It's a cool change, but I don't feel like it adressed any of the real issues for disc priest. Maybe it will be like Clamnesia wrote, that disc will be the to-go healer in healer killer comps, but apart from that I still don't see the use of a disc priest in most comps. They are still lacking in every department compared to other healers, having less cc than druids, the weakest burst heals of all classes, no freedoms, poor cc avoidance (bar sw:d, which holy priests also have), less dmg than holy priests and still being incredibly vulnerable to dispels...This is more of a band-aid than anything else

#25 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

I don't see the addition of silence as a bad thing as long as they address the PScream problem of not being baseline and 30 sec cd + 8 sec duration, while deleting spectral guise and feathers so that it's not as easy to land an offensive fear.
Changing guise with some kind of temporary immunity to melee damage would be nice and on par with the other 2 talents, which are all about survivability.

I highly doubt they'll make Scream baseline again. Not saying I disagree with you, but I don't see that happening. I'd love to see Feathers removed and replaced with something else. I doubt they'll add immunity to Guise again since it used to be like that in MoP (albeit against ranged) but that got nerfed.

It's a cool change, but I don't feel like it adressed any of the real issues for disc priest. Maybe it will be like Clamnesia wrote, that disc will be the to-go healer in healer killer comps, but apart from that I still don't see the use of a disc priest in most comps. They are still lacking in every department compared to other healers, having less cc than druids, the weakest burst heals of all classes, no freedoms, poor cc avoidance (bar sw:d, which holy priests also have), less dmg than holy priests and still being incredibly vulnerable to dispels...This is more of a band-aid than anything else

Absolutely right. Weakest throughput, some of the worst dispel protection, no real freedom effect, bad CC avoidance (not a huge factor with DR change), terrible talent development and iteration, and up until the addition of Silence we had the worst CC.

I don't know what else has to be said to Blizzard so they understand what the core issues are.

#26 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

asphyxiate + disc 2s will be fun!

#27 nyzzeh

nyzzeh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-C'Thun
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

I highly doubt they'll make Scream baseline again. Not saying I disagree with you, but I don't see that happening. I'd love to see Feathers removed and replaced with something else. I doubt they'll add immunity to Guise again since it used to be like that in MoP (albeit against ranged) but that got nerfed.

I was talking about scrapping guise and making a whole new ability that read "you are immune to physical damage for X seconds", kind of a reverse cloak of shadows, with the appropriate duration and cooldown to balance it out with the other two options of course.

Edited by nyzzeh, 28 August 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#28 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

damn, how you gonna do now ? do you have any idea how disc work ? it's not chastise and insta heals spam :( #mopheroestrobules

agreed with you, as usual

btw.. wtf with barkskin being 30 secs cd ? :\

barkskin is a guardian (and maybe feral but im not sure) skill now only
resto (not sure about doomkin) only has ironbark now

#29 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

have no idea how pve work atm but i suppose feathers might be cool ability
in pvp feathers and guise are just disgusting and make fears so boring dunno why they keep them priests dont like them this way enemy dont like them, i remember the cool feeling to fear some healer back in tbc. Anyway really dobt they will change them at this point but defensive guise sounds much more fun than this

#30 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I was talking about scrapping guise and making a whole new ability that read "you are immune to physical damage for X seconds", kind of a reverse cloak of shadows, with the appropriate duration and cooldown to balance it out with the other two options of course.

My mistake, didn't realize you were talking about pulling the talent. I'd love to see something like this but I also doubt they'd be able to tune it so that it wouldn't completely overshadow the other talents in that particular row. To be frank, that's a problem with the other two options - and this would be a great talent addition to the Priest toolkit.

At this point, as much as I think we need a complete overhaul of a few talent rows - I'm doubtful that will occur simply because of how far along into this process we are for testing. Feathers and Guise need to go. Bulwark needs be something I actually press and have fun when I do it. The 100 talents need revision as well, Saving Grace is too fucking strong.

barkskin is a guardian (and maybe feral but im not sure) skill now only
resto (not sure about doomkin) only has ironbark now

I'll check this when I get home and get on Beta, but I don't think this is correct. I show Barkskin as being non-Feral only, meaning Balance/Resto/Guardian have access to it. I'll confirm.

#31 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

• Posted Image Priest
  • Silence is now available to Discipline and Shadow Priests.
Disc priests return to their throne

I'm sort of fucking thrilled about this actually, at least disc has to cast!

Very strong buff though.

Implying Priests are not currently super strong? Or are you just happy about Discipline :P ?

#32 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

Implying Priests are not currently super strong? Or are you just happy about Discipline :P ?

Priests are currently super shit, outside of rmp, in which they are one of the best classes, but in general they are shit. (Godcomp too, for shadow)

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#33 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Priests are currently super shit, outside of rmp, in which they are one of the best classes, but in general they are shit. (Godcomp too, for shadow)

Last time LSD was also super shit and was hardcountered by Godcomp

#34 Momohgg

Momohgg
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1490
  • 3v3: 2084
  • RBG: 1888

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Silly change

#35 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

beastcleave, phd and jungle are decent comps too. they aren't too bad outside of rmp. beastcleave is also much easier to play to be successful

#36 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

beastcleave, phd and jungle are decent comps too. they aren't too bad outside of rmp. beastcleave is also much easier to play to be successful

Balance, Mage, Hpriest works too

Also did he just call out Spriests for being bad in Godcomp? dno mejt

Edited by Feliclandelo, 29 August 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#37 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Balance, Mage, Hpriest works too

Also did he just call out Spriests for being bad in Godcomp? dno mejt

I think it was more like "they are good in godcomp too as shadow"

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Last time LSD was also super shit and was hardcountered by Godcomp

maybe if you queued something that wasn't rmd at 2.5 you would understand the game a little.

#39 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I think it was more like "they are good in godcomp too as shadow"

Dno, I just knew it was Jaime so I asumed it was what he meant.

maybe if you queued something that wasn't rmd at 2.5 you would understand the game a little.

add +400 MMR to that and a 2-0 as Godcomp vs. your LSD (don't see how you lose that).

Well played

#40 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

you have literally never queued into me as godcomp, atleast with a char with the name felic x, + godcomp shouldn't lose to lsd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<