#1 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Now , this isn't an attempt to discuss balance or which class is overpowered. This is more of an attempt to see what other flaws people see in the current system and how they would go about attempting to fix said issues or bring light to the issue.

Conquest Capping
This system is just horrendously flawed in the implementation as it causes the better or higher rated you are in the game, the longer it takes you to complete the task. No other system in the game works like this. You are rewarded for the difficulty that you play at with more points but you are punished with the amount of time required to cap. Not only is here the chances your games will be harder and longer, you are also required to play more to maximize your cap for the week.

How to help the issue
Go back to a winning % based reward system for amount of conquest rewarded. Blizzrd can decide on the amount of the games they feel is good for capping.

High Rated queing
Where the highest ranking players even find an incentive to queue is beyond me. Punished for playing against lower rated players, gear/conquest point reward leaves after approximately 2 months and the toxic enviroment of the community causes a whole lot more issus within the system to queue(Blizzard can't fix this issue).

How to help
Vanity awards that cost huge amount of conquest /rating, something other than the gladiator/rank 1 title (makes it harder to sell as a boost as it exposes the person more due to amount of playing by another person). Transmog dyes (should be easy to implement  since the technology existed in DaOC).

Just seeing what other issues people see.

#2 Justicethis

Justicethis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1402
  • 3v3: 1532
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationIceland

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 AM

I agree with the % or just have a 10 wins to cap rule.

But on decayed chars that harvest higher CP cap for example afk char for 3months has 14.000 CP cap you should only get 180 per game so you can't afk and not have to do nothing to full gear them.

Transmog dyes like in Guild Wars 1 is a good idea but still that not something i feel is needed. This game imo has the most variety of items and looks in any MMO dyes won't solve it in the long run i think.

But i would like to be able to dye my gear like a rainbow though :mellow:

#3 Nexxer

Nexxer

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

View PostJusticethis, on 28 August 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

But on decayed chars that harvest higher CP cap for example afk char for 3months has 14.000 CP cap you should only get 180 per game so you can't afk and not have to do nothing to full gear them.

Can you even imagine what is like to cap a full pve geared char around 2k in 2s? I dont think you can imagine. Making us win 100+ games at "high" mmr without any gear whatsoever is just stupid.
Posted Image

#4 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2410
  • 3v3: 2663
  • 5v5: 2342
  • RBG: 2233
  • LocationUK

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 AM

View PostNexxer, on 28 August 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Can you even imagine what is like to cap a full pve geared char around 2k in 2s? I dont think you can imagine. Making us win 100+ games at "high" mmr without any gear whatsoever is just stupid.
Just tank

..Kappa enjoy your deserter
Posted Image

#5 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies

Posted Today, 01:04 AM

View PostNexxer, on 28 August 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Getting fully BIS-geared in PVP is ridiculously easy.

I agree with some of OPs points though.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

<