• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2015
  • 3v3: 1866
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 958

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Seen a few holydins with the haste gemming/reforging and its playing on my mind wether or not it's any good?
  Currently have crit build on my paladin just want a second opinion.

#2 Juther

Juther
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

The 1st eu paladin , JimJim is crit/haste and his results speak for him.

Btw i think That's its all about comp. We discussed about stats some post down in this forum.

#3 Zarella

Zarella
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostJuther, on 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

The 1st eu paladin , JimJim is crit/haste and his results speak for him.

Btw i think That's its all about comp. We discussed about stats some post down in this forum.

Yea decided to man up and try it a little after seeing Lord Jimjim use that setup, cheers for the help. :)

#4 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

The way I understand it:

- If you play bursty comps like KFC, kittycleave, turbocleave, etc., you want haste/crit to maximize your healing and because games won't be long.

- If you're running with wizards or playing rbgs, you want mastery/spirit so you can maximize your raw healing output over long games.
Posted Image

#5 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2470
  • 3v3: 2848
  • 5v5: 2571
  • RBG: 2520
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Jimjim is our lord and savior he smites scrubs down with his almighty Draenei strength

PRAISE BE TO JIMJIM

Edited by HeyimJack, 27 August 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

#6 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

to be honest i see ABSOLUTELY NO benefits in going haste/crit over pure crit on zerg comps.

to experiment a little i went full haste and only gained .1 sec off a divine light cast. goign full haste may give you an extra tick throughout duration of Eternal flame, but you always are renewing it so that doesn't matter either in my opinion. why waste so much crit; which gives you so more instant heals such as 3point WoG and fast casts.

IMO zerg comps FULL CRIT

caster comps go Mastery or Crit w/ Spirit

Edited by melignent, 27 August 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#7 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

I'm not full haste too (I tried, for fun, and having 45% passive haste alone is funny, but not optimal - less crit / pvp power / intelligence- :D). I just want to have ~30% crit, and then i switch haste for my secondary stat.
Considering i'm playing with a monk who knows that it's mandatory to re-buff constantly, i have 5% crit increase all the time.

It's not only for the extra tick, it's for the faster tick. On the primary target, of course, it's useless, it's more for the others, for me.
Having a huge and fast eternal flame on you, on your mates, pets will help by a lot to heal the beacon of light. (That's why healing a LSD/2, a shadowcleave etc etc is not as hard as people say, when you are hpal, with hand of purity.). People don't spend their time dispelling the non-focus guy.

Your holy shock CD is short too, your gameplay is fast, fun, and it's really hard for enemies to kick a really fast cast. (I have 45% haste with moonkin)

I tried this build with 2 casters (mage/moonkin) and it's the same.

For me it's the best build. I don't like having too much spirit and win or lose a game with 80% mana.
To be honest, i don't understand the spirit/mastery build. No crit at all !

(It's not optimal for RBG's :D)

Edited by Jim_Jim, 27 August 2014 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image
Merci Stickiah.

#8 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2470
  • 3v3: 2848
  • 5v5: 2571
  • RBG: 2520
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostJim_Jim, on 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'm not full haste too (I tried, for fun, and having 45% passive haste alone is funny, but not optimal - less crit / pvp power / intelligence- :D). I just want to have ~30% crit, and then i switch haste for my secondary stat.
Considering i'm playing with a monk who knows that it's mandatory to re-buff constantly, i have 5% crit increase all the time.

It's not only for the extra tick, it's for the faster tick. On the primary target, of course, it's useless, it's more for the others, for me.
Having a huge and fast eternal flame on you, on your mates, pets will help by a lot to heal the beacon of light. (That's why healing a LSD/2, a shadowcleave etc etc is not as hard as people say, when you are hpal, with hand of purity.). People don't spend their time dispelling the non-focus guy.

Your holy shock CD is short too, your gameplay is fast, fun, and it's really hard for enemies to kick a really fast cast. (I have 45% haste with moonkin)

For me it's the best build. I don't like having too much spirit and win or lose a game with 80% mana.

Your sigs <3

HAIL JIMJIM
Posted Image

#9 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

6k spirit and 11k haste does the job for me, even in RBG's.

Otherwise pretty much what Jimijim said. I always tried to tell people how much healing you can actually gain on your beacon target by putting EF on yourself (+50%) and a pet.

I'm probably also the only resto druid at higher ratings gemming for full haste too. I just can't play without at least 10000+ haste, it just gives you so many more globals.

#10 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

@ Jimjim

What would you say is the perfect stat prio for RBGs?

Also, I see on your bnet profile you're playing the heavy crit/haste build with only 2500spirit. I'm guessing this is for 3v3. What about 2s?
Posted Image

#11 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

I don't play RBG as much as i play arenas, but it's the same, just switch your beacon all the time, put eternal flame on another target and everyone (to heal 2 peoples), and that's it. Unbreakable spirit is a good choice of talent.

For 2s, to be honest, i could have agility gem on my gear, it would change anything.
Because i play with a monk. ^_^

Edited by Jim_Jim, 27 August 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image
Merci Stickiah.

#12 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Wait wait wait

You telling me you play RBGs with 2500 spirit? O.o

EDIT: Currently I'm rolling with a mass crit/spirit build (havent played for a month, just started doing 2s a bit, thinking of maybe trying for 2200 in RBGs). What would you say is the crit % I should aim for? Currently have 30% unbuffed, am thinking of getting crit pvp trinkets for the added overkill. xD
Posted Image

#13 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

I think 30% is enough. And yes, i play everything with 2500 spirit !
Posted Image
Merci Stickiah.

#14 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Okay, thanks.

When I was playing RBGs a few months ago, I think I had like 13k spirit in RBGs and still went oom and had to drink on longer fights, especially vs alliance teams when you have to spamheal even more. xD
Posted Image

#15 Zarella

Zarella
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostJim_Jim, on 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Thanks alot for the help dude :) #lordandsaviorJimjim

#16 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostGigana, on 27 August 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Wait wait wait

You telling me you play RBGs with 2500 spirit? O.o

Don't go 2500 spirit unless you also play with the guys Jimjim plays with. I think he forgot to mention that. With good mana conservation 5000 can do the trick, allthough a bit more is nice. Just swap on the spirit trinket instead of the crit one and have like 4k on your gear, and you're fine and almost as l33t as Jimjim.

#17 Juther

Juther
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 August 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Don't go 2500 spirit unless you also play with the guys Jimjim plays with. I think he forgot to mention that. With good mana conservation 5000 can do the trick, allthough a bit more is nice. Just swap on the spirit trinket instead of the crit one and have like 4k on your gear, and you're fine and almost as l33t as Jimjim.

This is a important statement to quote :)

#18 Justicethis

Justicethis
  • LocationIceland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

I'll give my opinion but I'm no Jimjim

I've run this season Crit/haste, Crit/spirit, Haste/crit and full mastery but haven't played my paladin seriously this season

I've been playing mostly MLP and LSP along with a little KFC/Kittycleave/Thugcleave

I find my self Crit/spirit the most comfortable one since it's more comp friendly then the other ones. (reforging all the mastery/haste on my gear)

The biggest thing about this season IMO is how Paladin is played. Just pillaring like a rat and i ain't casting stuff as much as i wanted i mostly just holy shock and hope it crits so i get Infusion of Light and i barely cast without it and just ratting and line-ing. That's why crit is so important for the Infusion of Light proc else your casts will be shit long on DL and HL.

Management of cooldowns is the most important thing currently in the meta it's just trading cooldowns for offensive CD's and we have wings,divine favor,holy avenger,guardian,trinket (i personally got my trinket into wings and try use divine favor as a cooldown as most i think use it with wings but i also got engineering on gloves to use into divine favor.)

Tips that might be useful for the lower players.

Use the Beacon macro when you're running Beacon Glyph:
#showtooltip Flash of Light
/castsequence reset=2 Beacon of Light, Flash of Light
/castsequence Flash of Light, Flash of Light

u can use it  with FoL and Divine Light. Using beacon on target while healing yourself to get minimalistic healing if you're scared of going from the pillar.

This is badly written since i woke up like 30 minutes ago and I haven't had breakfest yet, might edit this when i wake up.

#19 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 August 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Otherwise pretty much what Jimijim said. I always tried to tell people how much healing you can actually gain on your beacon target by putting EF on yourself (+50%) and a pet.
Yep. Spreading EF everywhere is massively important, even when it seems like it's wasting the direct heal by casting it at myself when I'm at like 90%. When I manage to spread it around before the enemy team starts their opener, it usually makes surviving it a ton easier even if they cc me hard.

View PostFeliclandelo, on 27 August 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Don't go 2500 spirit unless you also play with the guys Jimjim plays with.

Hehe, yeah I know. I'm guessing at 2300+ the dps-ers are a lot better, resulting in faster kills and shorter fights, but at the rating I play at (or used to, haven't played in some months) we still get loooooooooong battles so mana regen is king. :]

i personally got my trinket into wings

Isn't this kinda wasting it, seeing as the trinket is 1min cd and wings are 2min, and you prolly don't use wings on cd anyway?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<