#1 Miramar

Miramar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/2/0/2

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

This is kind of just me thinking outloud, not a specific question. Pardon me if this is old and obvious, I've been inactive since 5.1.

I can't even remember how I could win as a rogue in a 1v1 without Burst of Speed anymore. I've been playing with quite a lot of different friends in 2s to gear them up, and more than half the time it comes down to a 1v1.

I feel extremely gay, playing ultra defensively and whittling them down until Dampening kicks in and then blowing them up, but how the fuck else am I supposed to do anything else wise? Physical DPS chunks me to 30% through Combat Readiness without them using any cooldowns even. Actually, one thing different about how I play since coming back is refusing to use Elusiveness, since I don't like to take energy away from bursting and Burst of Speed. Perhaps Shadowstep replacing Burst of Speed frees up the energy for Elusiveness? Is it even worth it?

TLDR: Burst of Speed spoiled me, I'm terrified of being caught in a 1v1 with Shadowstep.

#2 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

You should be using elusiveness so those physical DPS don't chunk you to 30% through CR.

30% damage reduction is huge.
Posted Image

#3 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2410
  • 3v3: 2758
  • 5v5: 2511
  • RBG: 2272
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Step's good as long as you don't play like a spesh and waste it.
Posted Image

#4 PriestRSC

PriestRSC

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

I suggest just running Burst of Speed. You shouldn't have a problem with energy micro-managing Feint and Burst of Speed at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<