• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 3v3: 1921
  • 5v5: 480

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

One of the main problems is that during incarnation, they get a spammable 4second stun for 30seconds. It's like Shadow Dance on crack.

#42 Archer

Archer
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 965
  • 3v3: 383
  • RBG: 1703

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

One of the main problems is that during incarnation, they get a spammable 4second stun for 30seconds. It's like Shadow Dance on crack.

diminishing returns says hi to you...

#43 Ausraster

Ausraster
  • Members

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm kinda trying to find out what stat priority feral in pvp has right now. Is multistrike worth it?
And I would like to know your thoughts on Claws of Shirvallah, the 5% Versatility seem nice but 30% more dmg on the next two melee abilities could be alot too, just considering you get a Ferocious Bite to be one of those two...that would be quite massive.

I hope you guys help me out a bit and have a nice day (or a laggy day on EU Realms).

edit: Found a stat priority on "www.noxxic.com"
it says: Agility = PvP Power > Multistrike > Versatility > Haste >= Crit > Mastery
Dont know if someone can trust it though.

#44 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Yeah noxxic is wrong. Like always

Agility>Crit>Multistrike>Versatility=Mastery>Haste
Posted Image

#45 Ausraster

Ausraster
  • Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Sounds like a deal to me, noxxic was the only source who actually dared to say anything about priority though. But i dont think they are right neither. Crit and Multistrike seem to be the way to go. Ill give it a try :)

Thanks for your reply though :)

I also tried some Dream of Cenarius combined with Bloodtalons. It seems quite strong (at least in BGs)

#46 Pericth

Pericth
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 2430

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

Noxxic has it very freaking wrong. Barkskin recommended. Seriously? We don't even have Barkskin anymore. The stat priority with multistrike at the top may be correct, though. I'm still testing it. Mastery is very insignificant. Haste does not contribute too much to energy regen, unfortunately. Crit is very nice for Ferocious Bite. Versatility I'm not sure. It's difficult to tell all secondary stats apart in how much they contribute because the itemlevel is rather low.

#47 Ausraster

Ausraster
  • Members

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Well I didn't know Noxxic at all it was just the only site that actually said anything about stats. Right now I feel that Multistrike and Crit are damn good. Multistrike seems to scale pretty well so perhaps I will go for all the PvP items with Multistrike on them and the rest will be the ones with crit. Which would be like Agi>Multistirke>Crit>other stuff
Any thoughts?

#48 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

you get 5% more crit from all sources because of a new talent introduced in WoD, making crit your best secondary stat, 100% THEN multistrike
Posted Image

#49 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Glyph of savagery: Never push savage roar again, but -10% effectiveness, seems worth. Much wow... opinions?

#50 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

Glyph of savagery: Never push savage roar again, but -10% effectiveness, seems worth. Much wow... opinions?

i dont think is worth it, but i will try it

#51 wraithaur

wraithaur
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1300
  • RBG: 1534

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

I have been mucking around with feral after playing moonkin last season. One thing i have found is that the energy regen is pitifully slow and it almost makes it feel like a rogue with the downs. When i play rogue i try and play to a timing so i can keep decent energy because the more energy you have the faster it will regen.
Should i be using TF to fill gaps when energy is an issue or should i be using after i burst upto 5cp and want energy plus a damage boosted Rip or FB.
Just feels a bit clunky, but then last time i played feral was a few xpacs ago.

#52 Theslash

Theslash
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gilneas
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

Playing as ret/fdk/rdru vs a jungle cleave.

Killed the hunter, then took ages to kill the feral who nearly solo'd both my ret AND my rdru. Ferals are lookin' great.
Serennia stole my sister

#53 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

Playing as ret/fdk/rdru vs a jungle cleave.

Killed the hunter, then took ages to kill the feral who nearly solo'd both my ret AND my rdru. Ferals are lookin' great.

How come the ret didn't outheal the dmg and kill something 100-0 in a hoj?
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#54 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

I have been mucking around with feral after playing moonkin last season. One thing i have found is that the energy regen is pitifully slow and it almost makes it feel like a rogue with the downs. When i play rogue i try and play to a timing so i can keep decent energy because the more energy you have the faster it will regen.
Should i be using TF to fill gaps when energy is an issue or should i be using after i burst upto 5cp and want energy plus a damage boosted Rip or FB.
Just feels a bit clunky, but then last time i played feral was a few xpacs ago.

with 2pbonus energy is not a problem if u are good at kick :D

#55 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

I have a questiong regarding gearing, what offparts are the best to get, crit haste or?

also since we can run 4 set and 1 offpart what offpart would be the best to run if anyone knows or has an armory I can check out

#56 Plath

Plath
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dalvengyr
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2215
  • 3v3: 2129
  • 5v5: 1342
  • RBG: 1831
  • LocationPortland

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

I have a questiong regarding gearing, what offparts are the best to get, crit haste or?

also since we can run 4 set and 1 offpart what offpart would be the best to run if anyone knows or has an armory I can check out

Most everyone will run the complete Dragonhide set: Check out Coolbears' (top 50 feral last season) gearing:

http://us.battle.net...lbears/advanced

He's running full D-hide set. For his off-pieces, he's taking:

Prowess:
neck - belt - ring (1) -
Cruelty:
back - wrist - boot - ring (2) -

Sans enchants, he's at:

Agility: 3072
Haste: 4.56 %
Mastery: 45.39%
Crit: 21.53%
Multistrike : 4.21%

I'll highlight here that CoolBear is employing the on-use trinket instead of the % chance, which I will assume he binds into his Swifty-1-shot macro. With the trinket popped, Coolbears' will sit at 3430 agility.

It looks to me like he's attempting to hit ~5% haste, both for AS & clone casting reduction. After that, it's Agil > Crit > Mastery, with Multistrike coming in @ dead last.

Spec-wise, it's not-so-up-in the air right now:

Wild charge - cenarion ward - typhoon : These are cookie-cutter. There's just too much utility these first three tiers bring.
Incarnation : Until they nerf the stealth function & spammable stun, this is the go-to.
Mighty bash / Incap roar : Whichever doesn't DR your teammates. Bash, usually, as the stun is longer than the incap.
The most interesting tier, but HoTW is still too strong to forgo. DoC has potential, but is less potent w/ the Cenarion ward talent.
Claws: I do hope a minor glyph is introduced to alter the appearance of this foul creature, but the GCD saved for clone casts is huge. Regardless, the other talents seem to me to be trash. Anyone who takes the moonfire talent is just insane, and even if it builds CPs, you'll have no problem staying on any target as feral. The % damage bonus after HT is interesting, but feels clunky and, again, not worth the GCDs saved w/ claws.

One interesting note on glyphs: Coolbears takes Glyph of Maim, which I don't even own. I'll be trying that out tonight to see what the fuss is on about. Glyph of savage roar if N-elf. Re-stealth & rake after smeld every 2 minutes, or smeld a clone. Glyph of savagery if you'll never get a RE. Glyph of Cat Form is mandatory, and rake, suggested. <--these are just imo. I'm probably wrong on S-Roar glyphs. Please, discuss.

Good Hunting.
Posted Image

#57 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

Thank you Plath, ill keep an eye on him. while people are here browsing, so I dnt have to make a new thread, A cat form macro, I cant recall using one before in s10 when I last played feral, but is one preferd to make shifitng fast easier?

#58 Plath

Plath
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dalvengyr
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2215
  • 3v3: 2129
  • 5v5: 1342
  • RBG: 1831
  • LocationPortland

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Thank you Plath, ill keep an eye on him. while people are here browsing, so I dnt have to make a new thread, A cat form macro, I cant recall using one before in s10 when I last played feral, but is one preferd to make shifitng fast easier?

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast !Cat Form

This will break all roots at the cost of 1 GCD, and place you back into cat form (Note the "!", which is essential to this power-shift macro). Another option is a cancel-form macro, which is more useful for balance druids, as cancelling form is off the GCD, allowing a cancel form into an instant cast. Feral, however, can usually spare the GCD, and a feral out of form is nigh-useless, unless it is essential to get the clone off NOW NOW NOW.
Posted Image

#59 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

Thank you again!

#60 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Thought id pop into this thread to ask another question, in terms of WF pvp gear, is it worth using the WF parts in anyones opinion even if its the wrong offpart you were looking for, example being i have haste mastery bracers, but got crit multistrike WF now the stat increase isnt that huge but is it worth it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<