Feral WOD PVP

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hello AJ,

I was hoping we could get an Update on the WOD Feral PvP Situation!

Where are we right now? Good? Bad? Claws of Shirvallah worth?

Where are we compared to other Melee ie: (Dk->Ret->Warrior->Feral?)

Survival Situation? Do we get Melted?

Thanks for the headsup AJ!

Also, If anyone has screenshots of our damage / bleed ticks / crits etc. (and heals). A good WoD Dueling Video would be nice against each of the classes out there.

Edited by Piglips, 25 August 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#2 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

they're gods

#3 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

they're gods

In what way? Survival? Damage? or everything haha :P

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

In what way? Survival? Damage? or everything haha :P

pretty much everything

they take literally zero damage and probably do the most damage out of every class on the beta besides frost dks, but frost dk damage is bugged atm

#5 Ryyne

Ryyne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1752
  • 3v3: 767
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

pretty much everything

they take literally zero damage and probably do the most damage out of every class on the beta besides frost dks, but frost dk damage is bugged atm

I'll go gear my feral right now. Kappa

#6 Mykira

Mykira
  • Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Unless im doing it wrong on beta ferals damage really doesnt seem that high. Survivability is dumb as all hell tho id agree.

#7 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Anyone By chance have some screenshots? Ferocious Bite crits / Bleeds ? Just wanna Compare to other Damage from Warriors / FDKs / etc.

-thanks again

#8 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

I've played it a bit on beta. They are flat out dumb as hell.

Survivability side: Gods.

The revmaped DoC lets you use rejuve IN CAT FORM, as well as applying it to YOU when you use it on someone else (for example, I rejuve my partner, I also get rejuve, which sort of makes it pointless to rejuve myself, also works with HT) also a passive 20% healing increase.

2 Charges of Survival Instincts on a 2min recharge.. need I say more?

The only thing we've lost is Barkskin which sort of sucks. But offhealing is absolutely stupid at the moment, from all hybrids, so it might just need some tuning. Won't hold it up to it for release.

EDIT: Forgot, also lost Ursoc.

Damage side: Decent

You said about DK, Ret and Warrior. Except DK, those classes are probably doing about the same damage as Feral is. With melee at the moment being a lot stronger than any caster, it puts them really high up.

Passive Savage Roar (it's a glyph now, Shirvallah replaced the talent) was a nice change, as really that ability was just an annoyance. Shred is our new mangle, and Tiger's Fury also got buffed to 8 seconds.

The only thing I miss is free ravage set bonus.

The set bonuses aren't that great at the moment. Kicking a spell makes your TF CD reset, and shred puts a 10% increased bleed damage debuff on your target.

Edited by Krassz1096, 27 August 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#9 Feistyness

Feistyness
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1454
  • RBG: 1794

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

ive been playing my feral on the beta quite a bit. I think that the overall slower pace of pvp has itself given somewhat of a buff towards feral, especially in 1v1s. damage-wise i would say that they are about average, but not low. across the board it just takes longer to kill someone compared to live MOP, which is a good thing. healing-wise feral is definitely a god. That said, i would expect some sort of a nerf to some aspect of their survivability. Whether that means nerf their healing, or nerf something about their mitigation, i dont know. its much easier to do dmg as feral compared to live. you just open on someone and you have a 5pt roar applied automatically... shred can be used from the sides so you really never find yourself spinning around trying to get shreds to go off. you can tiger's fury during berserk, so you can just spam your cooldowns without really caring about using tf first. Claws of shivalrah is a good talent, even if just for the laziness factor. you lose less overall damage when you go for clones because you dont have to spend the two globals to go back into cat form. the moonfire talent is strong as well though, especially with combo points being on YOU now. makes it much easier to attain combo points and thus finishing moves.

there is really no point in looking at what the numbers do though until the game is up on the PTR i would say. beta is more about checking out the overall mechanics of things and bugs, not numbercrunching and crying about what is OP or not. oerall yes feral is good. amazing sustainability, good damage, the same awesome mobility. That said, who knows what it will be like when the expan comes out?

#10 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Played as LSD2 vs a feral/destru/rsham team on the beta the other night. We killed the other lock within the first minute of the game, and then it took us like 5 minutes before we could finally kill the feral.
I haven't played feral myself on the beta, but facing a feral was really scary damage-wise. The feral on his own put more pressure on me than most teams where both enemy dps connected to me. Granted, on the beta there is a great diversity in skill level between players you face, so I cannot say for sure if it the feral was better as a player or as a class.

#11 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

ive been playing my feral on the beta quite a bit. I think that the overall slower pace of pvp has itself given somewhat of a buff towards feral, especially in 1v1s. damage-wise i would say that they are about average, but not low. across the board it just takes longer to kill someone compared to live MOP, which is a good thing. healing-wise feral is definitely a god. That said, i would expect some sort of a nerf to some aspect of their survivability. Whether that means nerf their healing, or nerf something about their mitigation, i dont know. its much easier to do dmg as feral compared to live. you just open on someone and you have a 5pt roar applied automatically... shred can be used from the sides so you really never find yourself spinning around trying to get shreds to go off. you can tiger's fury during berserk, so you can just spam your cooldowns without really caring about using tf first. Claws of shivalrah is a good talent, even if just for the laziness factor. you lose less overall damage when you go for clones because you dont have to spend the two globals to go back into cat form. the moonfire talent is strong as well though, especially with combo points being on YOU now. makes it much easier to attain combo points and thus finishing moves.

there is really no point in looking at what the numbers do though until the game is up on the PTR i would say. beta is more about checking out the overall mechanics of things and bugs, not numbercrunching and crying about what is OP or not. oerall yes feral is good. amazing sustainability, good damage, the same awesome mobility. That said, who knows what it will be like when the expan comes out?

Thank you for the feedback, a few more questions came to mind, How is our Energy? Does it seem to regen faster / slower? Sometimes I feel I feel Energy Starved playing Feral. (or i could be "bad" lol)

#12 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

Less so.

With spell interrupts refreshing your TF with 2-set, you get that more often, which gives you 60 energy.

Even though Shred costs 40 energy and mangle cost 35, and you have to use shred all the time now, energy regen seems about the same. I don't really ever get starved. The only time I find myself getting starved on live is when I'm forced to swap without 70+ energy or TF. With the shared combo point system in WoD it removes that completely. Just remember to try and pool your energy a bit and you won't get starved.

#13 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

I don't know what's more down syndrome proof... early MoP BM huntards or current WoD BETA ferals.
Warlords of Down Syndrome.

#14 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

They are currently an uncontrollable annoyance, like a swarm of mosquitoes when you're camping. They don't really do anything except spam heals with their procs and tunnel damage.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#15 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

They are still gods with the latest build... like xenomorphs, the perfect organism.

However this might save the xpac for me: https://twitter.com/...984550577082368

#16 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Looks like ferals will go live the way they are now on BETA... the BM hunter S12 fiasco will be mild compared to this upcoming disaster.

100% mongo proof. And most of the players admit it, they'll say it's ridiculous, just do nothing and win, MoP style. I especially love their spamable instant CC tho, where even DRs are irrelevant since you'll die in a few globals anyway while the feral is passively immune to everything...

/golfclap

Dog shit game is dog shit.

#17 crisise4

crisise4
  • Kyubí
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2348
  • 3v3: 2702
  • 5v5: 2064
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Looks like ferals will go live the way they are now on BETA... the BM hunter S12 fiasco will be mild compared to this upcoming disaster.

100% mongo proof. And most of the players admit it, they'll say it's ridiculous, just do nothing and win, MoP style. I especially love their spamable instant CC tho, where even DRs are irrelevant since you'll die in a few globals anyway while the feral is passively immune to everything...

/golfclap

Dog shit game is dog shit.

What spammable instant cc are you on about?

#18 Blueberrysoda

Blueberrysoda

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

They are currently an uncontrollable annoyance, like a swarm of mosquitoes when you're camping. They don't really do anything except spam heals with their procs and tunnel damage.

Exactly like a paladin :wub:

#19 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Ferals must be real good to warrant the thread title being in all caps like that.

I don't even fotm

#20 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

We are gods right now, but just like all other hybrids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<