• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hello fine peoples,

Ok, so I'm pretty new to lock and im trying to get my head around this MLS shit.

For pressure's sake, I'm going to assume affliction is what you're gonna wanna roll.

Our general strategy right now, in theory, should be pretty retard proof; run in, throw dots around, deep targets with the least cds.

However melee comps (by melee I mean warrior comps) seem to be shitting on us.

Any tips on how to get some faster pressure/play this comp to best success?

inb4 pop dark soul.

Cheers,
Posted Image

#2 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

you should be able to get a gate off at the start especially with mage nova / cs, and shaman grounding. From there, the enemy team since they're melee, will most likely pop their burst at the start and cc your healer, either gate their CDs, or howl and spam fears / polys. The point is to just peel off their burst so they gain no pressure and then you attempt to ramp up your own after their's.
Please review signature rules.

#3 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

As someone whose played MLS a lot this season, I'd say Yubel is spot on. Even though your Shaman is a tunneable target, MLS' potential to peel is amazing and your pressure off peeling is incredible, too. Fear and Poly/Nova the melee, PoM Poly the healer and just go to town; it's nearly guaranteeing cooldowns.

Btw, Yubel, <3 your sig.

#4 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Please review signature rules.

#5 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Btw, Yubel, <3 your sig.

What are you, twelve ?

Anyway, your Shaman is going to be the key in this combo. If he's not good at what he has to do, you're going to have a hard time climbing, so make sure his positioning is spot on and you're properly communicating with him ( e.g., if he needs peels, he should gate while you or mage shadowfury/frostnova the melees off him to gain him some extra breathing room, etc )

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#6 klashmano

klashmano
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:48 AM

if ur Shaman survive the First Burst = win

#7 ajc1981

ajc1981

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

you should be able to get a gate off at the start especially with mage nova / cs, and shaman grounding. From there, the enemy team since they're melee, will most likely pop their burst at the start and cc your healer, either gate their CDs, or howl and spam fears / polys. The point is to just peel off their burst so they gain no pressure and then you attempt to ramp up your own after their's.

As someone whose played MLS a lot this season, I'd say Yubel is spot on. Even though your Shaman is a tunneable target, MLS' potential to peel is amazing and your pressure off peeling is incredible, too. Fear and Poly/Nova the melee, PoM Poly the healer and just go to town; it's nearly guaranteeing cooldowns.

Btw, Yubel, <3 your sig.

have it spot on, main thing is also which everone is getting trained needs to push up on the healer kill streams etc if it's a shaman and poly/ fear healer when your rdy to pop ur own burst

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MLS, Help, Tactics, N00b lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<