#141 Khoros

Khoros
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, the whole GoSac dark bargain thing is cool for bgs, doesnt and wont work in arena. Anyone who is halfway decent will just CC/MD your bargain and you drop like a sack of bricks after that. Without the terrorguard root or a imp. voidwalker disarm you're basically dead. I do however like the prospect of using unending resolve as an active, though. Soul link provides just enough mitigation that you can live through all the melee bullshit right now, problem is getting damage out, which is solved by having an interrupt immunity. Gonna try it out and see how it goes.

How it goes is they just stun you instead. That being said, I still run the glyph. Mainly to get Drain Life off, though, and not really as an aggressive move.

#142 Piffe

Piffe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/0/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1921
  • 3v3: 2297
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1789

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, the whole GoSac dark bargain thing is cool for bgs, doesnt and wont work in arena. Anyone who is halfway decent will just CC/MD your bargain and you drop like a sack of bricks after that. Without the terrorguard root or a imp. voidwalker disarm you're basically dead. I do however like the prospect of using unending resolve as an active, though. Soul link provides just enough mitigation that you can live through all the melee bullshit right now, problem is getting damage out, which is solved by having an interrupt immunity. Gonna try it out and see how it goes.

One other thing to consider is that the general 3s meta is to train healers now, almost no matter what comp you are, and people don't generally mess with locks as they are still pretty hard to bring down. Regarding the sac, don't forget that a large majority of locks were running sac toward the end of last season b/c pets were too hard to keep up. In many ways, this has not changed. Sac also gives you the defensive voidwalker option, and imp dispel. There are situations in which both of these spells are very good. Lastly, we still have port, and have gained the 4 piece to improve it further. Regardless of whether or not you have db or link, port alone makes you insanely hard to land kills on if your team is capable of positioning properly.

#143 Tekkys

Tekkys
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2043
  • 3v3: 2228

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:43 AM

One other thing to consider is that the general 3s meta is to train healers now, almost no matter what comp you are, and people don't generally mess with locks as they are still pretty hard to bring down. Regarding the sac, don't forget that a large majority of locks were running sac toward the end of last season b/c pets were too hard to keep up. In many ways, this has not changed. Sac also gives you the defensive voidwalker option, and imp dispel. There are situations in which both of these spells are very good. Lastly, we still have port, and have gained the 4 piece to improve it further. Regardless of whether or not you have db or link, port alone makes you insanely hard to land kills on if your team is capable of positioning properly.

Melee teams won't train druid healers, nor will they train disc priests and even holy paladins. Even with soul link and heals double melee still runs me down quite fast, and with fear and cyclone being on the same dr there are generally less ways to deal with melee training me/my druid. Without using SB:Haunt i have a ton of shards for ports/new pets (i just realized they took away SB: Health funnel, rip) and the doomguard root is seriously fucking sexy, not to mention that if you kite melee in the open and use your port behind LoS they're basically taking the brunt of his damage (which is nearly as much as agony in open areas). The only melee i've had trouble with 1v1 is ret paladins, but i think they're just unkillable gods atm.

What i do fucking love however in 2s is using infernal against double melee teams. The aoe stun + aoe damage is amazing, coupled with howl/coil allows for some sick damage windows. I can't say id use one in 3's just yet, but i'm still testing it out. I just dont think GoSac will work against melee cleaves.
Posted Image

#144 pewpewpewdot

pewpewpewdot
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1862
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

sac was played only against lock team most of the time and everyone was playing blue even against cast to get the 20% reduction

#145 Kman

Kman
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

sac was played only against lock team most of the time and everyone was playing blue even against cast to get the 20% reduction

LETS JUST REROLL GUYS

#146 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

Sac also gives you the defensive voidwalker option, and imp dispel. There are situations in which both of these spells are very good. Lastly, we still have port, and have gained the 4 piece to improve it further.

imp gosac is cauterize master, not dispel.
also, its not like we got a completely new 4pt bonus. it simply replaced the previous one.

What i do fucking love however in 2s is using infernal against double melee teams. The aoe stun + aoe damage is amazing, coupled with howl/coil allows for some sick damage windows. I can't say id use one in 3's just yet, but i'm still testing it out. I just dont think GoSac will work against melee cleaves.

actually infernal dmg is very lackluster. it hits for about 2k/pulse while doomguard hits for 10k
the stun is 1min cd while doomguard root is 30sec, and root is 30yd range but infernal stun cannot be ground targeted like mage pet nova - it'll always stun enemies near the infernal at the time.

Posted Image

#147 Tekkys

Tekkys
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2043
  • 3v3: 2228

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

also, its not like we got a completely new 4pt bonus. it simply replaced the previous one.

actually infernal dmg is very lackluster. it hits for about 2k/pulse while doomguard hits for 10k
the stun is 1min cd while doomguard root is 30sec, and root is 30yd range but infernal stun cannot be ground targeted like mage pet nova - it'll always stun enemies near the infernal at the time.

the infernal stun also doesnt break on damage and is aoe, helps set up nice howls on double melee. it's really more for 2s as double dps than it is for 3s. for 3s i think id always use a doomguard.
Posted Image

#148 JAKACHAN

JAKACHAN
  • Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just tested it and I got dispel.

#149 ajc1981

ajc1981

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

the infernal stun also doesnt break on damage and is aoe, helps set up nice howls on double melee. it's really more for 2s as double dps than it is for 3s. for 3s i think id always use a doomguard.

I complete hate demonic servitude the slow is shit also brakes on dmg, the pet is doing sick dmg on the plus side seen 17.5k, multistrike seems to work with it also. I think haste will reduce the cast time for shadowbolt thou could be wrong would need to test it)

on single target dmg the pet done more than my dots did.

Edited by ajc1981, 23 November 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#150 Flyhigh

Flyhigh
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/1/1/2/0/.
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

What do you think about the weapon choice? Stat wise I guess the battle staff is the winner, but what about wands to take care about totems?

#151 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

Just tested it and I got dispel.

tested it now and it really is dispel, even though as i recall it used to be cauterize master (even the tooltip says so)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<