• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hi guys, currently playing Unholy Dk/Mistweaver monk at around 1700 MMR, i can never seem to just train down healers and land kills? Shamans and Druids etc, they all seem to just be able to global themselves to 100% after me consistently trying to kill them. We try swaps to try and gain some pressure, but all it seems to do is lose momentum. Any tips?

-Posted twice due to not knowing where to put the thread.

#2 Flavours

Flavours
    • Junkies
    • Humanclass_name
    • EU-Outland
    • Misery
    • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
    • 2v2: 2435
    • 3v3: 2505
    • 5v5: 2038
    • RBG: 1918

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostRydar, on 18 August 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hi guys, currently playing Unholy Dk/Mistweaver monk at around 1700 MMR, i can never seem to just train down healers and land kills? Shamans and Druids etc, they all seem to just be able to global themselves to 100% after me consistently trying to kill them. We try swaps to try and gain some pressure, but all it seems to do is lose momentum. Any tips?

-Posted twice due to not knowing where to put the thread.

train healer into dampening since your team are unkillable gods

#3 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

It honestly doesn't feel that way mate, I cycle my defensives and stuff but even though I outdamage every DPS in the arena, I never seem to land kills, and I get blown up pretty fast sometimes too

#4 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
      • Junkies
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Darksorrow
      • Rampage / Saccage
      • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/2
      • 2v2: 2410
      • 3v3: 2758
      • 5v5: 2511
      • RBG: 2272
      • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Make sure you reforge/gem/enchant all your gear first properly it makes a big difference, if that still doesn't help it's a matter of practice and using your cds/damaging properly like using monk ring of peace well at certain times and other dk shit.

Good DK (Just copy his shit)

http://us.battle.net...l/Jeff/advanced
      Posted Image

#5 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostHeyimJack, on 18 August 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Make sure you reforge/gem/enchant all your gear first properly it makes a big difference, if that still doesn't help it's a matter of practice and using your cds/damaging properly like using monk ring of peace well at certain times and other dk shit.

Good DK (Just copy his shit)

http://us.battle.net...l/Jeff/advanced

Thank you for the useful advice, we will try and time our abilities better! I seem to be more focussed about pumping out consistent pressure than timing!

#6 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

It does seem that some members of AJ feel the need to criticize when I'm trying to learn and improve. I'd much rather you just didn't reply to the thread if you are going to be negative for no real reason. Nevertheless we do cycle defensives, im not sure what we are doing wrong, thats why we are not 2k, thats why im here, asking for help...

#7 Rorechec

Rorechec
      • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

you can try to kill dps-ers with stun followed by full para + maybe monk silence or ring on the healer in this 11-15sec that u can keep the enemy healer in cc the dk can dish quite a lot of pressure on the dps-er and stack a lot of necros so the enemy healer will need even more time after the cc to get the necrotics first, also your monk buddy can help you with the dmg xuen+ chanelling its pretty nice cuz both hit through pillars so cant be kited and the dmg is pretty descent. vs priests dont forget to kill the lightwell on cd it helps a lot

#8 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostRorechec, on 18 August 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

you can try to kill dps-ers with stun followed by full para + maybe monk silence or ring on the healer in this 11-15sec that u can keep the enemy healer in cc the dk can dish quite a lot of pressure on the dps-er and stack a lot of necros so the enemy healer will need even more time after the cc to get the necrotics first, also your monk buddy can help you with the dmg xuen+ chanelling its pretty nice cuz both hit through pillars so cant be kited and the dmg is pretty descent. vs priests dont forget to kill the lightwell on cd it helps a lot

Thank you, alot more helpful, will keep it in mind :)

#9 Rorechec

Rorechec
      • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

also try to ask your monk to use more healing spheres will take some practice to aim them in the beginning but after that you will see huge difference in the healing , its not that hard to aim them on dk cuz your toon isnt super mobile

#10 Casawn

Casawn
      • Junkies
      • Orcclass_name
      • US-Blackrock
      • Bloodlust
      • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/0/0/0
      • 2v2: 2314
      • 3v3: 2877
      • 5v5: 468
      • RBG: 2270

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

Range / Healer - Sit on the ranged , kick only to stop cc chains, do damage. Never overlap cds with your monk, if you AMS / lich heal he should just sit his 10 second cc and afk, then next time you're in trouble he should use something... If you / monk is having to use defensive cds while other team don't have cds up / monk  is not cced then your monk is prob not healing.

Melee / Healer - Go healer as much as possible, if healer runs away, try and pet stun dps and get him below 50%, should pull healer back into your LOS so you can grip him back / walk to him and continue training. Never chase healers around the pillar unless you know you're gonna get a kill, they'll come to you if you do damage.

Go unholy presence as much as possible. When they don't hit you, you should be in unholy presence. When your healer is not sitting ccs + not dampening yet + enemy no major offensive cd you should be in unholy presence.

Healer killing tips:

Shamans : Insta kill healing stream, save ghoul stun for spiritwalker aura mastery shit, train as much as possible

Druid: Hit dps till asphyxiate is off cd, grip druid / walk to him if hes close into insta asphyx so he has no hots (make sure you have atleast 2-3 necros ready and death coils), apply soulreaper after asphyx if he is below 75% on swap, pet stun out b4 asphyx run out if hes below 35% ish, swap back to dps repeat.

Priest: Play till dampening unless they're bad, you don't have to interrupt mind control if you can win 1 v 1 against their dps (which you usually should be able to).

Monks: Play till dampening unless they're bad, train dps unless monk is bad

Hpal: Purge him lots to get his holy power hot off (not priority over necro), save a stun for until he aura mastery, wait for dampening unless they're bad.

Edited by Casawn, 19 August 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#11 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostCasawn, on 19 August 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

Range / Healer - Sit on the ranged , kick only to stop cc chains, do damage. Never overlap cds with your monk, if you AMS / lich heal he should just sit his 10 second cc and afk, then next time you're in trouble he should use something... If you / monk is having to use defensive cds while other team don't have cds up / monk  is not cced then your monk is prob not healing.

Melee / Healer - Go healer as much as possible, if healer runs away, try and pet stun dps and get him below 50%, should pull healer back into your LOS so you can grip him back / walk to him and continue training. Never chase healers around the pillar unless you know you're gonna get a kill, they'll come to you if you do damage.

Go unholy presence as much as possible. When they don't hit you, you should be in unholy presence. When your healer is not sitting ccs + not dampening yet + enemy no major offensive cd you should be in unholy presence.

Healer killing tips:

Shamans : Insta kill healing stream, save ghoul stun for spiritwalker aura mastery shit, train as much as possible

Druid: Hit dps till asphyxiate is off cd, grip druid / walk to him if hes close into insta asphyx so he has no hots (make sure you have atleast 2-3 necros ready and death coils), apply soulreaper after asphyx if he is below 75% on swap, pet stun out b4 asphyx run out if hes below 35% ish, swap back to dps repeat.

Priest: Play till dampening unless they're bad, you don't have to interrupt mind control if you can win 1 v 1 against their dps (which you usually should be able to).

Monks: Play till dampening unless they're bad, train dps unless monk is bad

Hpal: Purge him lots to get his holy power hot off (not priority over necro), save a stun for until he aura mastery, wait for dampening unless they're bad.

Very informative! Thank you! The whole training into dampening thing makes sense, but dampening effects both teams, that means they can kill us too, so I don't understand why that is a good strategy

#12 BluBlu

BluBlu
      • Junkies
      • Dwarfclass_name
      • EU-Frostmane
      • Misery
      • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
      • 2v2: 2213
      • 3v3: 2209
      • 5v5: 2302
      • RBG: 2085

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Chase them around pillar until 80% dampening

#13 Ultraxz

Ultraxz
      • Members
      • Blood Elfclass_name
      • US-Blackrock
      • Bloodlust
      • Talents: Demonology

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

I think it's because dk does so much dmg compared to other dps and necrotic strike.

#14 Rydar

Rydar
      • Members
      • Humanclass_name
      • EU-Silvermoon
      • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thank you guys, we've played a couple of games and not lost one by just taking out time in the arena's and not panicing, still climbing back to where I was skill level wise but we are getting there!

Thanks again for the friendly advice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dk, Healers, 2v2, Shaman, Paladin, Druid, Unholy, Deathknight, Trouble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<