• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

Hey guys,

Me and a few buddies are currently developing a game called Champion Brawl. It's pretty much an Arena PvP game, rating you and placing you on a ladder with the choice to manipulate and adapt your spells as you wish. We've been working on this the past month and have made really great progress.

Just wanted to ask you guys, If you were to play a game like this would would you like to see? This could range from anything such as cool spells, attacks, art work or ambient music that inspires you, anything at all!

We really are looking into what people would like to see, so there is a good chance that your input will be put into the game!

If you're interested on following the progress of the game then you can follow our twitter
which we frequently update everyone on our current progress!

twitter.com/ChampionBrawl

Here is a little snippet of its current progress.

Posted Image

#2 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

to be a hotkey based game, with the same movement mechanics as wow, within the same engine

the formula is amazing, every mmo after it that offers arena/pvp has felt so bad because it doesn't follow these rules

90% of us dont give a shit about the graphics, dont want 3d models, don't want to have to aim attacks in a game so based on latency
Posted Image

#3 skopieciryj

skopieciryj
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

you copied a model of kerbal from kerbal space program into unreal engine and added wind around him.
gr8 progress m8

#4 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostFlavours, on 16 August 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

to be a hotkey based game, with the same movement mechanics as wow, within the same engine

the formula is amazing, every mmo after it that offers arena/pvp has felt so bad because it doesn't follow these rules

90% of us dont give a shit about the graphics, dont want 3d models, don't want to have to aim attacks in a game so based on latency

No tabbing, your spells require you to aim 100% and WoW uses a completely different engine haha. The latency currently really isn't bad, in fact its perfect right now and I will be matching players based on their geological locations as well to really accommodate the latency. You're right on the graphics part, however it is hard for me to show how much code I have done so far :) I will provide a full list of what we've done so far code wise real soon!

View Postskopieciryj, on 16 August 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

you copied a model of kerbal from kerbal space program into unreal engine and added wind around him.
gr8 progress m8

I'm using a temporary character model provided with the engine which has nothing to do with kerbal space program, but with the art style of that character I can tell how someone would assume so lol. We aren't using the Unreal Engine btw. Wind fx is just one of the spells for show, don't worry there is alot in the game right now that I'm going to show very soon!

#5 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostSeath, on 16 August 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

No tabbing, your spells require you to aim 100% and WoW uses a completely different engine haha. The latency currently really isn't bad, in fact its perfect right now and I will be matching players based on their geological locations as well to really accommodate the latency. You're right on the graphics part, however it is hard for me to show how much code I have done so far :) I will provide a full list of what we've done so far code wise real soon!

I'm using a temporary character model provided with the engine which has nothing to do with kerbal space program, but with the art style of that character I can tell how someone would assume so lol. We aren't using the Unreal Engine btw. Wind fx is just one of the spells for show, don't worry there is alot in the game right now that I'm going to show very soon!

hwo to make me never even try your game 101

Edited by Flavours, 16 August 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostFlavours, on 16 August 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

hwo to make me never even try your game 101

is this based on aiming? would you prefer it be replaced with tab targetting? if so why? :)
- It's important that I understand what people prefer so I really am interested

#7 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostSeath, on 16 August 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

is this based on aiming? would you prefer it be replaced with tab targetting? if so why? :)
- It's important that I understand what people prefer so I really am interested

i said it would need to be a hotkey based game with no aiming.. it just doesn't work, same reason there was no mass exodus to wildstar, why bloodline champions didn't work, etc etc, people love the way wow works and plays (for arena) alot of it comes in the movement, alot of it comes in how slick and fast the game is, alot of it comes in the fact they understand the less things reliant on ms the better, 100% on abilties based on targetting sounds horrible, not being able to target via keybinds sounds clunky
Posted Image

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:14 AM

Isn't there enough fucking SHIT games with "all spells require aiming" that failed miserably for developers to acknowledge that this isn't what people playing MMORPGs look forward to?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#9 kekev

kekev
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Let me see the code, maybe I can help you. No aiming, make a charac that has one instead and see if it works and what not, but follow the wow's model it's fucking best just too many  retards around, feel me?

If you're working on spells upload something simpler than a model, it'll let you focus more on the spells as opposed to the model.

I hope the name is just a placeholder, too much faggotry in it.

#10 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

The good thing about the current stage we're in is that we have the ability to just add the functionality to include tab targeting. I will implement it and have the ability to switch between tab and aim for now and select a few individuals to test the process for me and gain their feedback on what they believe is best / more enjoyable. Adding tab targeting isn't exactly a problem so it's not really an issue code wise.

Thanks for your opinions!

#11 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

AUGUST UPDATE:

We've made tons of progress and going to be releasing a new update video soon. For now while we're fixing a few bugs (specifically matchmaking) here is a list of what we've completed so far:
  • Basic Matchmaking
  • Spell cooldowns
  • Class System
  • Character Selection
  • Character Creation
  • Chat System
  • Overall completion of class spells - So far each class has 4 spells. Loads more to come soon.
  • Patch Notes
  • Account System
  • Basic Shop HUD
  • Settings window
We've still got tons to do but our plans are to get most of the basics running so we can have people playing our game as soon as possible and providing regular updates.

Thanks!

#12 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

Free beta access for everyone who posts in this thread!
Posted Image

#13 usersp

usersp
  • Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

Pls no. However, if you want a much better pvp game, follow me.

#14 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1726

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

why not unreal? ue4 is really fucking good. i played around with it a bit and the engine is beautiful, stable, doesn't nees much resources, has support for occolus, kinect and all that kind of stuff and has geat licensing for small indie developers. if i had someone capable of modelling i'd actually build something small in that engine.

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

View Postlucyk, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena, pvp, rating, mmr, teammates, spells, warrior, rogue, archer, mage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<