• Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hey guys,

I got some questions about keybinding:

When you play.. lets say a priest healer, do you guys make  a macro for flash heal, that normally heals your target, with shift party member 2 and with alt party member 3?
Or do you switch targets and then heal?

And for attacking spells like Rogue's blind, do you guys use arena targetting so normally you attack your target when you press your keybind for blind, and with a modifier you attack an other target?

I hope some1 can help me out :D
Thx in advance,
Effect

#2 Thazable

Thazable
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2868
  • 5v5: 1893

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

As far as I know most people, including me, target their partner to heal, as a healer, since usually it isn't needed to target an enemy.

As any dps I like using modifier macros to heal my mates or CC enemys, I use simple macros like this one:

/use [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][mod:alt,@arena3][@target,nomod,help][] Hammer of Justice

pretty much self explaining what it does, just pressing the button uses the spell on my target, pressing the button while holding shift uses the spell on arena1, ctrl for arena2, and alt for arena3.

Hope this helps.
Posted Image

#3 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1380
  • 3v3: 288

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Healers generally have keybinds for target Party1, Party2, and Self and target the person to heal.

The most common binds for healer party targetting macros are the scroll wheel
Posted Image

#4 Royy212

Royy212
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostThazable, on 07 August 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

As far as I know most people, including me, target their partner to heal, as a healer, since usually it isn't needed to target an enemy.

As any dps I like using modifier macros to heal my mates or CC enemys, I use simple macros like this one:

/use [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][mod:alt,@arena3][@target,nomod,help][] Hammer of Justice

pretty much self explaining what it does, just pressing the button uses the spell on my target, pressing the button while holding shift uses the spell on arena1, ctrl for arena2, and alt for arena3.

Hope this helps.
So you switch between yourself and your partners, isn't it faster/better to make it like your HoJ macro but then for a heal spell so you dont need to target one of your friends first before you heal?

And what do other healers do?

#5 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Well, in theory thats faster, but in reality, are you gonna make a modifier macro for EVERY spell you have? What if i want to say... cast pom on party 2 and cast flash heal or penance on party 3? Usually in the case of healers, modifiers are used for interrupts and or CCs. For example, when i play Rsham.. I use mouse buttons 123 to target my team. 1 targets me, 2 targets party 1, 3 targets party 2. I then cast which ever heal i need on the team mate. BUT if i want to hex or shear or purge, Those same mouse buttons have modifiers. SHIFT + 123 shears arena 123. CTRL+ 123 Hexes 123, ALT+ 123 purges arena 123. My other binds are all dedicated. I dont feel the need for a bunch of modifiers when i have plenty of bars and keybind slots. Modifiers for a billion things would just get really confusing for a healer, imo. Oh on priest i use like.. "F" for psy scream, and "shift+F" for psyfiend. Thats about the extent of modifiers for me.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#6 Royy212

Royy212
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Saurfang
  • Misery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostClamnesia, on 07 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Well, in theory thats faster, but in reality, are you gonna make a modifier macro for EVERY spell you have? What if i want to say... cast pom on party 2 and cast flash heal or penance on party 3? Usually in the case of healers, modifiers are used for interrupts and or CCs. For example, when i play Rsham.. I use mouse buttons 123 to target my team. 1 targets me, 2 targets party 1, 3 targets party 2. I then cast which ever heal i need on the team mate. BUT if i want to hex or shear or purge, Those same mouse buttons have modifiers. SHIFT + 123 shears arena 123. CTRL+ 123 Hexes 123, ALT+ 123 purges arena 123. My other binds are all dedicated. I dont feel the need for a bunch of modifiers when i have plenty of bars and keybind slots. Modifiers for a billion things would just get really confusing for a healer, imo. Oh on priest i use like.. "F" for psy scream, and "shift+F" for psyfiend. Thats about the extent of modifiers for me.

Thanks for your clear answer :)

Thanks all!

#7 Dubsidia

Dubsidia
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

• #showtooltip Purify

• /target playername

• /cast [mod:shift,target=Playername] Purify

• /target [mod:ctrl] Arena1

just use this on mousewheel, gg

#8 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

I usually order them from left to right and not modifiers. For example I have Blind for arena1-3 bound to ctrl+q/w/e. I also used SharpKeys to have CapsLock trigger ctrl, so it's easier to press. As for targetting as healer. I target team mates with the mousewheel (up for team mate 1, down for team mate 2) and have dispels on direct macros (ctrl+A to dispel team mate 1, ctrl + S to dispel team mate 2 and ctrl + D to dispel myself). The healer binds are super annoying however if you do anything except arenas and so you need additional macros (like dispel mouseOver etc.).

As rogue binds are especially complicated with stances and the need to trigger dance + openers without delay. I ended up having no button to trigger dance but buttons that would Dance + Ambush/Sap/Garrote/CheapShot if I was not stealthed and simply use the openers if I'm stealthed or dancing. In addition all cc skills are bound for target and focus and I have fast hotkeys to switch target and focus target.

I ended up using Excel to find the bind & macro combinations I really wanted. Now I discovered that I need /focus Rupture for Assassination and try to find a good bind for it.

One very important thing: Don't bind things that need to be really fast to the mouse. In WoW the mouse input is slightly slower and you will notice it on skills like kick. I tested this with a mechanical SteelSeries keyboard and Steelseries Sensei mouse (SC2 pros use that one). The Razer Naga is way slower and  binding Kick to the Naga is asking to get juked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arena, Keybinds, Heal, Healing, Macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<