itastelikecandy
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1518

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE. what it said in the title... looking to buy some or if its free. i dont know

Edited by itastelikecandy, 06 August 2014 - 02:52 AM.

milk me.

#2 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

I don't use anything. Free antivirus is just as good as the one you pay for. The free versions of AVG, Avira, and Avast are fine. If you get something just use Malwarebytes, Junk Removal Tool, and Adware Remover to clean.

I don't have anything, I just use Google Chrome with Adblock, Not-Script, and Flashblock.

#3 itastelikecandy

itastelikecandy
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1518

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

I don't use anything. Free antivirus is just as good as the one you pay for. The free versions of AVG, Avira, and Avast are fine. If you get something just use Malwarebytes, Junk Removal Tool, and Adware Remover to clean.

I don't have anything, I just use Google Chrome with Adblock, Not-Script, and Flashblock.

thats what i do but some people say anti-virus software is recommended, i was just wondering.
milk me.

#4 Flavours

Flavours
  • Junkies

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

thats what i do but some people say anti-virus software is recommended, i was just wondering.

i dont use any

then again don't generally browse www.absin4weeksoryoucreditcarddetailsback.com
Posted Image

#5 Elisx

Elisx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2303
  • 3v3: 2357
  • 5v5: 2248
  • RBG: 2128

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

You should try out, https://www.malwarebytes.org/
It's an excellent programme, worth the money. The trail does the job too
Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.

#6 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hi Itastelikecandy,

To secure your pc you need 3 things :

- An antivirus
- A web reputation plugin
- A firewall

Antivirus :

I use AVIRA (without the web toolbar), It's by far the best free anti-virus software. If you don't believe me, check av-comparatives.org. Avoid avast at all costs, It's one of the worst free antivirus.

Web reputation plugin :

I use WOT (web of trust), It's by far the best free web reputation plugin. It'll block the internet pages with bad reputation.

Firewall :

My firewall is zoneAlarm Free. What I appreciate with this firewall is the ability to set permissions for local and Internet access for each application running on the PC ...

The configuration is very simple, basically you have to prohibit incoming internet traffic for every application except skype or other server applications. You also have to prohibit outgoing internet traffic for applications that doesn't need to go on the internet (e.g : applications that try to control your register key...)

When a malware is installed "on your back" and tries to run nasty stuff, a ZoneAlarm window will open asking if you want to give access or not ...

Hope this helps,
Regards.

You should try out, https://www.malwarebytes.org/
It's an excellent programme, worth the money. The trail does the job too

I kept Malwarebytes but I no longer launch real-time protection because the process is very heavy in memory (criticism I have made ​​several times on their forum).

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#7 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

You don't really need third party AV, if you're on win7 then the builtin firewall is sufficient (turn it on though).

Keep your browser & OS up to date.

If you're windows, maybe enable DEP, install EMET (the latter especially if you use a lot of older software).

Keeping your computer secure is more about what not to do though:

Do not install random software. Do not install random browser plugins/extensions. Do not click on random links on the web. Do not plug in random USB drives into your computer. Hell, don't even let your friends plug their USB drives into your computer. If you can get away with it, disable most javascript on websites you visit (noscript, whatever). Never install java in your browser (just delete it if you have a plugin). (If you really need java for a bank website or some bullshit, have a separate browser for only that, or just install it, use website, then uninstall).
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<