Most notable changes here for PvP:
- Pally Fear replaced with Blinding Light talent
- Tremor not usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep but has a 10 second duration
- Arms Warrior changes for Battle Stance and Rage generation while taking damage (see below for more details)
- Evil is a Point of View Blinding Light has been removed and replaced with Blinding Light.
- Tremor Totem is no longer usable while under the effects of Fear, Charm, or Sleep, but its duration has been increased to 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
- Rune of Cinderglacier has been removed.
In Mists of Pandaria, Frost Death Knights suffered from rotations that were designed to allow flexibility in ability usage, so that you could pool some resources in order to make decisions about which ones you spent and in which order. Dual Wield vs Two-Handed had different rotational priorities, with different strengths and weaknesses. However, tuning ended up such that you reached a point where you just had to spend all of your resources as fast as possible to avoid wasting any, and all of that depth went out the window. For Warlords, we’ve adjusted the tuning of several abilities and passives, to ensure that that doesn’t happen again, and the rotational decisions and skill are maintained.
The goal is that Two-Handed Frost Death Knights favor their physical damage, slicing through their enemies with heavy Obliterate, whereas Dual-Wielders favor blasting their foes with frost damage, but both overlap considerably to maintain a cohesive specialization.
- Frost Strike’s damage has been increased by 100%, but its Runic Power cost has been increased by 5 (up to 25 Runic Power in Frost Presence, and 40 Runic Power in other Presences).
- Might of the Frozen Wastes now increases the damage of Obliterate by 50% (up from 40%) while wielding a two-handed weapon, and increases the damage of Frost Strike by 50% (up from 35%) while dual-wielding.
- Razorice now deals 4% additional weapon damage (up from 2%), and increases Frost damage by 4% per stack (up from 3%).
- Obliterate damage has been increased by 30%.
Level-60 rune regeneration talents can now be triggered by all Runic Power spenders.
- Blood Tap now generates one charge for every 15 Runic Power spent.
- Runic Empowerment now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
- Runic Corruption now has a 1.5% chance to trigger per Runic Power spent.
Hunter Pet Abilities
- Rylak (Exotic) replaced Hook Wasp (Exotic)
- Updraft (Rylak) replaced Flutter (Hook Wasp)
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- Uplift now follows standard area-of-effect capping rules, diminishing in effectiveness beyond 6 targets.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- Burst of Speed now costs 20 Energy (up from 15 Energy).
Elemental Overload and Molten Earth
- Chain Lightning and Earthquake were also improved significantly to offset the fact that Elemental Overload was a massive buff to it, but Molten Earth is not.
- Earthquake’s damage has been increased by 33%.
- Mocking Banner is now available only to Protection Warriors.
Hamstring now requires Battle Stance or Gladiator Stance. Intervene now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Mass Spell Reflection now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Mocking Banner now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Rallying Cry now requires Defensive Stance. Safeguard now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Shield Slam now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Spell Reflection now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Sweeping Strikes now requires Battle Stance. Thunder Clap now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Vigilance now requires Defensive Stance or Gladiator Stance. Whirlwind now requires Battle Stance. Wild Strike now requires Battle Stance.
- Battle Stance for Arms Warriors now generates 115% 67% more Rage from auto-attacks and Critical Strikes now generate double Rage.
- Arms Warriors now generate Rage from taking auto-attack damage. Each 1% of health taken as damage will generate 1 Rage, up to 5 Rage per hit.
- Rend is a new ability for Arms Warriors.
- Rend causes bleed damage over 18 seconds, and a final burst of bleed damage when the effect expires. Costs 5 Rage.