UH DK & MW Monk

UH DK uh dk and mw monk Unholy Death knight UH DK 2s uh dk and healer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 VibesUH

VibesUH
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

Alright so I figured I'd post here for a more mature and legitimate answer rather than WoW forum or something. I currently run UH DK & MW Monk we've reached 1906 and dropped back down to the 1840-1850 zone. I'm not complaining about the comp but I personally think people overrate this comp very much. Yes UH Dk damage is great and monk mobility is insane but other teams have better survival due to out CCing us. Every team we run across out CCs us hard I've tried tunnel training on one with occasional swaps and I've tried constant swaps, the CCs are just redic. Usually I can get a healer down to around 150-200k and I the do my soul reaper but for some stupid ass reason it never ticks for that nice 150k-200k damage I run Mastery and Crit. I get decent up time on anyone I want pretty much, occasional roots but nothing as bad as my healer. I was thinking should I just run haste? Because with mastery ya the dot ticks are cool but honestly they're easily dispelled from a half way decent healer. I usually always have top damage in a 2's but the dots aren't anything compared to a hunters direct damage I could see aoe damage being good for 3's or 5's but 2's I don't feel it's much. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 Rustie

Rustie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2822
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi, first thing that makes the comp so good, is the fact that MW Monk heals are insanely strong. As long as you use some defensive abilities like Death Pact/Conversion, AMS, Lichborne heals, or Icebound Fortitude (rotate through them for each CC chain) then the monk should be able to top you when he comes out of CC, even with fairly high dampening. It's still your job to notice when your monk is sitting CC and consider using defensives in good time. It's also your job to try stop some of it. For an example: Stunning a priest who is running to fear your monk, gripping him away or at least use Chains of Ice to slow him down. At the very least you can try Dark Simulacrum the fear and use it defensively or to try turn the pressure around. Be creative with your abilities when attempting to stop CC. Like using Gnaw on a hunter after a Wyvern sting is about to fade, so he can't follow it up with a trap or Scatter shot instantly, giving your healer a breathing room to heal you. If you're on a mage, just avoid getting juked and save your kick for an incoming polymorph. The thing is really to not use your abilities "randomly", like don't waste your pummel CD getting juked by a mage casting Frostbolt when you're full hp and then letting him get that Polymorph off easily. Neither should you randomly Death Grip someone who's 5 yards away just because you're annoyed that you can't reach him, unless you're about to set up for a kill. Lastly you can also run around the pillar and slow the enemy dps while your healer is CCd.

It's also possible that your Monk isn't very good, but you should rather focus on what you can do to land kills.
It's true that a lot of teams have more CC than you, but you actually have a really decent amount of CC yourself and even more damage to back it up with. When you Asphyxiate the healer you have to expect of your Monk to follow it up with a 6 second sap and then a Ring of Peace, so that's 15 seconds of CC and additionally you can grip twice to interrupt enemy healer casts and run close to him to interrupt potential heals. Maybe you even Dark Sim a CC to throw on top of that chain.

Make sure you actually have some burst damage ready when you start your CC chain though. You should have your on use trinket ready + some sort of strenght procc from either your procc-trinket, your fallen crusader enchant or tailoring enchant as well as some Death Runes off cooldown to dish out several necrotics in a row. You can download an addon called ExtraCD to keep track of these proccs It's really important that you take time to do this if you wanna be successful, it makes it a lot easier to know when you should start dishing out your damage lined up with CC.

When it comes to killing dps targets which is good against comps like hunter/priest and mage/priest then the CC chain above is the way to go. If you're aiming to kill healers which is good against a lot of teams, for an example Resto Shaman/Warrior or Priest/Monk then it's best to Asphyxiate into DR Gnaw into Ring of Peace. Monk can also assist you with some damage, interrupts and sprints.

PS: Mastery and Crit is fine, it's what most people use.
Hope this helped. :)

#3 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

The mastery is more for your deathcoil and soul reaper than for your dot damage

#4 Xongone

Xongone
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostRustie, on 31 July 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

It's also possible that your Monk isn't very good, but you should rather focus on what you can do to land kills.
It's true that a lot of teams have more CC than you, but you actually have a really decent amount of CC yourself and even more damage to back it up with. When you Asphyxiate the healer you have to expect of your Monk to follow it up with a 6 second sap and then a Ring of Peace

When it comes to killing dps targets which is good against comps like hunter/priest and mage/priest then the CC chain above is the way to go. If you're aiming to kill healers which is good against a lot of teams, for an example Resto Shaman/Warrior or Priest/Monk then it's best to Asphyxiate into DR Gnaw into Ring of Peace.

Wouldnt it be smarter if the monk would go legsweep instead of ring of peace if you will try to kill the dps against a healer/dps? The DK could go chilblains and use strangulate for a silence on the healer followed by a 5 sec legsweep and a 6 sec sap by the monk.

4 sec ROP + 5 sec Asphyx = 9 sec stun, 5 sec strangulate + 5 sec leg sweep = 10 sec stun, plus the DK can use chilblains against kiting targets.

#5 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostXongone, on 31 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Wouldnt it be smarter if the monk would go legsweep instead of ring of peace if you will try to kill the dps against a healer/dps? The DK could go chilblains and use strangulate for a silence on the healer followed by a 5 sec legsweep and a 6 sec sap by the monk.

4 sec ROP + 5 sec Asphyx = 9 sec stun, 5 sec strangulate + 5 sec leg sweep = 10 sec stun, plus the DK can use chilblains against kiting targets.
Chillblains sucks dick against almost everything.
Posted Image

#6 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Connelly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1984
  • 3v3: 2402
  • 5v5: 2045
  • RBG: 2115
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostVibesUH, on 31 July 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Every team we run across out CCs us hard

When i try to stop DK from fucking up my priest...
Kidney shot / Cheap shot... Icebound!
Fear... Lichborne!
Blind... Desecrated Ground!
Anything else... Trinket!

Not to mention nimble brew, ridiculous offheals from monk, goddamn ring of peace, legsweeps, saps, annoying fists...

Uh Dk / WW Monk should start from 2,3k

Please review the rules on signatures.

#7 Xongone

Xongone
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostForumz, on 31 July 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Chillblains sucks dick against almost everything.

Yeah chillblains isnt very useful most of the time, but why not use it when you dont need asphyx? Would you prefer DA?

#8 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostXongone, on 31 July 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yeah chillblains isnt very useful most of the time, but why not use it when you dont need asphyx? Would you prefer DA?
Why would I not want Asphyx? Ring of Peace is sick and Asphyx has half the cd of Strang. The 1 second of ''extra CC'' every minute is really just a 4 second loss because I could use another Asphyx while you're waiting on Strang.
Posted Image

#9 Xongone

Xongone
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostForumz, on 31 July 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Why would I not want Asphyx? Ring of Peace is sick and Asphyx has half the cd of Strang. The 1 second of ''extra CC'' every minute is really just a 4 second loss because I could use another Asphyx while you're waiting on Strang.

ohh your right there sir, i didnt thought about the CD.

#10 freshfreefly

freshfreefly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1504
  • 3v3: 2421
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

tell your monk to get honorbuddy with orb bot and aura mastery bot and just make sure you play like Jeff (trinket everything and pop CDs asap every game so everything is ready asap for maximum damage)

you have the most potent healer in the game so dampening hurts you least of all, and you will win purely by doing more damage than the enemies can heal, as long as you make sure not to die too fast

View PostDillypoo, on 03 August 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#11 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2445
  • 3v3: 2109
  • 5v5: 1737
  • RBG: 958
  • LocationAustria

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

View Postfreshfreefly, on 31 July 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

tell your monk to get honorbuddy with orb bot and aura mastery bot and just make sure you play like Jeff (trinket everything and pop CDs asap every game so everything is ready asap for maximum damage)

you have the most potent healer in the game so dampening hurts you least of all, and you will win purely by doing more damage than the enemies can heal, as long as you make sure not to die too fast

award for most useless reply

I got Dragon Roar'd by a Warrior in Ashran and it knocked me through the floor then made me DC for 10 minutes.

I didn't submit a bug though, with the state of Warriors throughout MoP it wouldn't surprise me if it was intended.

#12 VibesUH

VibesUH
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply :D

#13 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostConnellypwnz, on 31 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

When i try to stop DK from fucking up my priest...
Kidney shot / Cheap shot... Icebound!
Fear... Lichborne!
Blind... Desecrated Ground!
Anything else... Trinket!

Not to mention nimble brew, ridiculous offheals from monk, goddamn ring of peace, legsweeps, saps, annoying fists...

Uh Dk / WW Monk should start from 2,3k

Try Shiv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<