PvP Healing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jaytron

Jaytron
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

I wanna try out PvP healing. I've never done it. Is it fun? If so what class would you guys recommend?

Shams have the tremor nerf coming, so maybe not a sham.

#2 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1943
  • 3v3: 1749
  • 5v5: 1826
  • RBG: 1504
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Sham will still be strong. You dont have to count it out just because tremor nerf. Sham is OP because of tremor in the first place.. It will just balance it a bit more. In all honesty, if youre planning to start in WoD its impossible to say what the "best" healer will be at this point. There are alot of things to factor in when deciding which class you want to heal as.. What type of comp do you prefer to play? Whats your play style? etc. If you want to play a spell cleave, Shaman is generally the healer youll want unless of course you want to play god comp in which case the best healer for it is a druid. mainly figure out your niche is and go from there. Healing is very fun, but you have to have patience with it. Everything in the arena, all of the stress is put onto you. You are literally the most important role in the arena. Patience is needed very much. Alot of people's first instinct when something goes wrong is blame the healer. If you die, generally your team loses. If you let someone die, generally your team loses. All dps have to do is score a kill. You have to make sure nothing dies, which is infinitely more difficult. watch streams and vods of all healing classes and figure out which one looks like it would give you the biggest challenge and the most excitement to play. Then hop on it, gear it, and learn.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#3 Jaytron

Jaytron
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Honestly, Priest appeals to me mainly because the ability to play around as shadow if I want.

Also, taking a look at the priest forums. There's some talk about priest being able to be a little offensive by dealing damage when it comes time to score a kill. Is that still the case?

I main'd a rogue for a long time, and also have a mage alt. Druid looks sort of fun, but seems like a million hotkeys with all the shapeshifting? I'm not sure if I'm good enough to handle that many binds TBH

#4 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1380
  • 3v3: 288

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostJaytron, on 30 July 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

Honestly, Priest appeals to me mainly because the ability to play around as shadow if I want.

Also, taking a look at the priest forums. There's some talk about priest being able to be a little offensive by dealing damage when it comes time to score a kill. Is that still the case?

I main'd a rogue for a long time, and also have a mage alt. Druid looks sort of fun, but seems like a million hotkeys with all the shapeshifting? I'm not sure if I'm good enough to handle that many binds TBH

If you're looking for simplicity (less keybinds), paladin is the way to go.
Priest tends to be more offensive than other healers, but not so much because of damage anymore, more so because of CC and purging.
If you've always had a sexual desire for pillars, I would advise playing a shaman.
Posted Image

#5 Jaytron

Jaytron
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info Hordii.

What are your thoughts on druid? Are there really an overwhelming amount of hotkeys?

#6 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yes druids tend to use more binds as you need to control the enemy with clones/roots, and you can be offensive with heart of the wild cat/cast damage.
This ontop of your normal resto abilies can add alot of binds.

On the other hand - Binds are easy to learn, if you like the idea of a strong healer that can control the enemy team well then a resto druid might be for you

Edited by Hordii, 01 August 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

If you're looking for simplicity (less keybinds), paladin is the way to go.

We are not in TBC now. Remove this false legend from your mind.
Having more binds don't make a healer easy or not.

(And i'm pretty sure paladin have more binds than priest, if you want to play this game :D)

I don't recommend Hpal this season, too frustrating.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 02 August 2014 - 06:13 AM.

Posted Image
Merci Stickiah.

#8 Goatsie

Goatsie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1984
  • 3v3: 2860

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostJim_Jim, on 02 August 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

(And i'm pretty sure paladin have more binds than priest, if you want to play this game :D)

no idea what you're talking about

https://www.youtube....h?v=L3J-dGwW2V0

Edited by Goatsie, 03 August 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostJim_Jim, on 02 August 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Unless you're making hoj/fear/rep arena123 I can't see paladin having as many binds as any other healer (haven't played shaman or monk)

And I'm not saying more binds makes a class harder, I was answering the question he asked.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<