Help

Any good ferals playing beta?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Any of you dueled a decent mage on beta?

I'm trying feral, for the first time ever, and just got stomped 100-0 (almost) by mage. Not sure if its numbers or me? He is hitting me 20k+ icelances (he used mirrors too, and I heard they are strong now), my rip/rake does ~4k if I remember correctly.

Need confirmation if its l2p issue or just mage class? Are ferals playable on beta or I'm wasting time?

#2 saedia

saedia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1621
  • 3v3: 672
  • RBG: 1807

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

From what i heard about beta mage damage is currently very high, but they're required to cast frostbolt for max damage. And as a feral between your kicks/stun a mage shouldn't get a cast off very often and if they do you have 2x survival instincts + your heals, so you shouldn't have that much of a problem.

#3 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

feral is op and never dies with 15k rejuv in catform. mage has to cast to do damage actually and you've got too much mobility and can easily stop any casts from mage
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#4 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

View Posttopgay, on 28 July 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

feral is op and never dies with 15k rejuv in catform. mage has to cast to do damage actually and you've got too much mobility and can easily stop any casts from mage
15k or not, he is spamming me with 20k ice lances, while my abilities hit for ~4k. I could have had 100% uptime and still died faster than he did.

Thats why it makes me wonder what real ferals think about their class in beta. Anyone?

#5 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Found confirmation on beta forums:

I'm curious where people seem to think Feral does something amounting to damage on the Beta right now. I find the exact opposite, the damage is hardly there but I can heal through things for days. Healing a ton doesn't mean much when you don't have the damage to kill half the things you're fighting, for example Hunters, you can't even really damage through Spirit Bond healing, let alone stay on them with perma auto attack slow through Frost Shots.

This is pretty much how I felt as well. Something is wrong with ferals damage on beta.

#6 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm thinking maybe youre doing it wrong. Every feral i have dueled has put out the heat.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

The few decent ferals I played against felt extremely strong vs mages.  The "Spamming 20k ice lances" just isn't possible unless you are really bad and sit inside an orb(or treants stuck in orb maybe) letting him get procs.  If you simply run out of orb, the only FoF procs(aka 20k ice lances) he should get are the first one from orb, one from pet nova every 25 seconds.  You can't just spam ice lance into deep freeze anymore because it breaks instantly on damage(the dmg threshold is VERY low on deep now).  Feral healing on top of their ability to stick to mages should make it quite easy.

Also, spamming spellsteal to get the rejuvs works for a bit, but the feral mana pool will long outlast a mage trying to spellsteal hots that you can just reapply instantly without leaving cat form.  Not to mention pred strikes heal and all the other feral defensives...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<