• Curse Sites
Help

1-2 Small Changes to each class that I think would help balance this patch a lot cont.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostNp-, on 24 July 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Bored with 30 minutes to spare, wanted to see what other people thought, out of just curiosity.

Rogue:
1. No longer be invisible while in subterfuge, but still able to use stealth ability's.
2. Make cheat death base line, replace with some form of talent which makes recuperate more attractive to use.
Goals: Reduce rogues gigantic weakness of dying 100-0 in short stuns. Detract from the value of spamming restealth's, and hopefully offer a viable option other than spam feinting. Hopefully everything combined would make spam restealthing with feint spam less attractive and staying in longer less punishing.

Mage:
1. Make temporal shield's heal over time effect heal it's full duration over 3 seconds instead of six. Even if you get a perfect temp shield off, and absorb 400k+ damage, your HoT is too small due to being split up over six seconds to normally ever actually have an impact.

Shamans:
1. Remove tremor totem off their reset totem cool down.
2. I'm not sure how to do this, but make enhancement shamans initial ascendance burst slightly delayed. The damage it deals is fine by me, but having it all at one time is too much. If the hunter and enh shaman coordinate ascendance swifty macro + hunters instant damage means any time some one is under 50% life, instantaneous death is a very strong possibility.

Warlock:
1. Increase shadow fury's cool down to match mortal coils(45 seconds).

Restoration druid:
1. Increase the cool down of iron bark from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

Priest:
1. Holy/disc: Add a passive for these specs to reduce the base cool down of fear ward by 45 seconds.
2. Shadow: Fix the bug on glyph of sha minor glyph removing shadow fiend off GCD.
3. Disc: When your power word: Shield is dispelled, a HoT for half of the absorb amount is placed on the target over six seconds. (This may seem drastic, but there is not one disc in the US on the ladders, at all).

Paladin:
1. Holy: Reduce the base cooldown of hand of sacrifice by 15 seconds,
2. Ret: No idea, do not know enough about their mechanics/strengths/weakness.

Monk:
1. Mist weaver: either decrease the strength of orb healing out side of CC, or make it so the orbs they leave behind on the ground are more limited in number.
2. Windwalker: Leave the 2 second blanket on their kick, but should they miss their kick, make it increase the CD by 6 seconds(making it effectively 4 seconds longer, due to the 2 seconds of silence they get when missing anyways).

Warrior:
1. No idea about warriors either what to change. They feel fairly balanced although I dislike the design over all.

Death Knight:
1. I think it's more so other classes are too strong and not sure what to nerf on dks. I think some form of way to be kited a bit less out side of cool downs would be well welcomed but I am not familiar enough to judge.

For the most part, I agree with these suggestions and I really liked reading the discussions prompted by this post.

Here are my suggestions:

Rogue
1. Remove Burst of Speed
2. Make Cheat Death base line
3. Remove Subterfuge OR make it so when you start attacking you leave stealth but get to use the stealth abilities for 3 seconds.

Mage
1. Icicles, I am personally not a fan although it was a nice attempt at promoting mages to cast Frostbolt, despite our instant Frostfire Bolts adding an Icicle. Would like to see a redemption of the old mastery system but not to the extent to which you could 1 shot in a deep (although you already can)
2. To be honest, although I am a mage, I feel like we are strong at the moment despite being bitches to our hunter overlords.

Hunters
1. Remove Stampede
2. Drastically reduce damage across the board, including pets

Priests
1. Overall I feel like priests are in a decent position at this point in time, however hypothetically speaking, with the addition of these changes, healing may need a slight nerf to scale correctly with damage

Paladins/Dks/Monks
1. I don't know enough about the intricate details of these classes to speculate on the need for buffs/nerfs

Shamans
1. Remove Tremor from Totem Prep
2. Enhancement Ascendence - this shit is crazy

Warrior
1. Remove double charge. Gforce and the warrior gods cry every time somebody uses a double charge unlike the double charge back in the day when you had to stance dance (yes that is correct, once upon a time you needed to be in battle stance or berserker stance to do damage, in contrast to the modern warrior who sits in defensive stance almost all game)
2. Slight scale back on illegal Swifty-1-Shot macros giving warriors the ability to slam your anus for 300k in 2 globals (not a nerf to Recklessness, but a nerf to slam damage in recklessness)

Feral Druids:
1. Power Shifting needs an internal cool down of 45-seconds?

Feel free to comment and give ideas on what you think would help bring this current season into order. Remember; I'm not a dev or a mathematician

Edited by Spamdotz, 28 July 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#2 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Edit: Quoted twice

#3 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1883
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1797
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostSpamdotz, on 28 July 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

For the most part, I agree with these suggestions and I really liked reading the discussions prompted by this post.

Here are my suggestions:

Rogue
1. Remove Burst of Speed
2. Make Cheat Death base line
3. Remove Subterfuge OR make it so when you start attacking you leave stealth but get to use the stealth abilities for 3 seconds.

Mage
1. Icicles, I am personally not a fan although it was a nice attempt at promoting mages to cast Frostbolt, despite our instant Frostfire Bolts adding an Icicle. Would like to see a redemption of the old mastery system but not to the extent to which you could 1 shot in a deep (although you already can)
2. To be honest, although I am a mage, I feel like we are strong at the moment despite being bitches to our hunter overlords.

Hunters
1. Remove Stampede
2. Drastically reduce damage across the board, including pets

Priests
1. Overall I feel like priests are in a decent position at this point in time, however hypothetically speaking, with the addition of these changes, healing may need a slight nerf to scale correctly with damage

Paladins/Dks/Monks
1. I don't know enough about the intricate details of these classes to speculate on the need for buffs/nerfs

Shamans
1. Remove Tremor from Totem Prep
2. Enhancement Ascendence - this shit is crazy

Warrior
1. Remove double charge. Gforce and the warrior gods cry every time somebody uses a double charge unlike the double charge back in the day when you had to stance dance (yes that is correct, once upon a time you needed to be in battle stance or berserker stance to do damage, in contrast to the modern warrior who sits in defensive stance almost all game)
2. Slight scale back on illegal Swifty-1-Shot macros giving warriors the ability to slam your anus for 300k in 2 globals (not a nerf to Recklessness, but a nerf to slam damage in recklessness)

Feral Druids:
1. Power Shifting needs an internal cool down of 45-seconds?

Feel free to comment and give ideas on what you think would help bring this current season into order. Remember; I'm not a dev or a mathematician

Ehh 45 sec ICD on power shifting would be a little much. Maybe like 5 secs. This would force smart play but not cripple them. Theyre already forced to be only damage bots with very little CC opportunity.. If they were stuck in roots all day, theyd have no place in arena.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#4 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Connelly
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1984
  • 3v3: 2402
  • 5v5: 2045
  • RBG: 2115
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostSpamdotz, on 28 July 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Enhancement Ascendence - this shit is crazy

Posted Image

Please review the rules on signatures.

#5 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

just remove burst of speed + druid spam shifting and I will be happy
Posted Image

#6 Bawn

Bawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1856
  • 3v3: 2765
  • 5v5: 2209
  • RBG: 2030

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

druid spam shifting is no where near how OP burst of speed is, they see no one picking rogues cause ferals are basically the same thing with heals and shifting out of snares/roots, so they give rogues perma sprint and snare immunity, sounds pretty fucking legit

the only way burst of speed would be balanced in the most minimum way possible is by making it share gcd with everything else, after all druid shifting is part of the gcd
Posted Image

#7 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2297
  • 3v3: 2922
  • 5v5: 2380
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Why are you making an entirely new thread for your post reply to another OP?
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#8 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

View PostGlink, on 28 July 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Why are you making an entirely new thread for your post reply to another OP?

Error: Hunter opinion invalid

#9 Spamdotz

Spamdotz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

But in all seriousness, I am deeply sorry that I offended you by making a new thread and trying to gauge the opinions of other people in the PvP community.

#10 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2315

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

1-2 'small changes'

Unfortunately your small changes would completely destroy the 3 dps classes that counter mages. Thus your attempt to look unbiased under your mage changes section is laughable. And let's just ignore Hpallies / rets / ww monks because their susceptibility to cc is tooo intricate for me xdXdxD :mage: :mage:

Edited by Reedztv, 29 July 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#11 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2297
  • 3v3: 2922
  • 5v5: 2380
  • RBG: 2221
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostSpamdotz, on 29 July 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

But in all seriousness, I am deeply sorry that I offended you by making a new thread and trying to gauge the opinions of other people in the PvP community.
You didn't offend me youre just being retarded by making a new thread and quoting another thread when you could just post in the thread, which the point of a reply. If everyone made a new thread when they made a reply to a thread this forum would be flooded with useless threads like this one.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#12 Rawrbertlol

Rawrbertlol
  • Junkies

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Biased :mage: crying, what else is new..

PS Stampede has done almost literally nothing for 3 seasons now.

Edited by Rawrbertlol, 29 July 2014 - 05:31 AM.

"This is stupid, might as well give glad titles for picking up flowers in front of OG/Stormwind. But hey , now everyone can have it so that everyone is happy, right?" -Mirox-

#13 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

why in every single one of these threads BOS comes up where the fuck are all these rogues one shotting people with BOS like r u fucking srs? Like is BOS the only reason your not climbing in the ladder fucking kill yourselves alrdy

#14 Bawn

Bawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1856
  • 3v3: 2765
  • 5v5: 2209
  • RBG: 2030

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

because BOS is not a normal ability, infact there is no other ability in the game with no cd that you can literally spam back to back without wasting/losing anything

edit: inb4 icelance

Edited by Bawn, 29 July 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostSilhin, on 29 July 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

why in every single one of these threads BOS comes up where the fuck are all these rogues one shotting people with BOS like r u fucking srs? Like is BOS the only reason your not climbing in the ladder fucking kill yourselves alrdy

It's an annoying as fuck ability, literally changes the way rogues play and have to be played against, every rogue plays the same, open -> garrote/cheap force a trinket/cooldown -> burst of speed behind a pillar to restealth and reset drs
Posted Image

#16 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

2. Enhancement Ascendence - this shit is crazy - true but survival is shit ....... definitely not crazy

#17 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Posta1entity, on 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

2. Enhancement Ascendence - this shit is crazy - true but survival is shit ....... definitely not crazy
put stormblast and stormstrke on the same cd
ascendance fixed
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#18 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostRawrbertlol, on 29 July 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

Biased :mage: crying, what else is new..

PS Stampede has done almost literally nothing for 3 seasons now.
im going to create a table with free pizza and cake, and alcohol at blizzcon

it'll be open to all hunters, and hunters only and we'll have a nice community discussion between hunters

i will then remove my jacket, revealing the bomb strapped to my chest, and exterminate all of you wyvern sting mists of pandaria :hunter: s in one blaze of glory

Edited by Capstone, 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#19 ProdigyPirat

ProdigyPirat
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2259
  • 3v3: 2975
  • 5v5: 2306

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostCapstone, on 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

it'll be open to all hunters, and hunters only and we'll have a nice community discussion between hunters

i will then remove my jacket, revealing the bomb strapped to my chest, and exterminate all of you wyvern sting mists of pandaria :hunter: s in one blaze of glory

will there be a identical table for LSD?

#20 Tekkys

Tekkys
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1926
  • 3v3: 2206

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostCapstone, on 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Found my new sig
Capstone, on 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<