Windwalker on Beta

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

considering new beta build ww will be worst melee in game

Which is like being the biggest dingus in the Honors class.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#42 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

played for like 30 minutes today and pretty much do no damage now compared to other classes

chi explosion hits for about 50% less than it did on the previous build

#43 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

played for like 30 minutes today and pretty much do no damage now compared to other classes

chi explosion hits for about 50% less than it did on the previous build

Oh, it's that bad? Then I take back my previous statement. Poor Wind Dancers.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#44 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Oh, it's that bad? Then I take back my previous statement. Poor Wind Dancers.

ya not sure why they nerfed chi explosion damage on top of the 10% damage buff they took off of stance

#45 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

sounds like we gotta pick serenity then huh?

chi brew nerf is gay as fuck too

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Logged on on my monk today and dueled some random feral guy. I started to duel with 20 stacks of tiger brew.

Well, its difficult to explain how disgusting it was but ill try.
Imagine you are on live server. You are leveling a warrior and come to durotar at level 85 to duel a full geared lvl 90 gladiator warrior. Thats basicaly how it feels.

I understand they dont balance duels, but it realy seems like its 2 classes from different expantions.
And yet they buffed ferocious bite recently.

Edited by darkzeon, 22 September 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#47 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

I was playing yesterday and just tested the talents around and other than 2v2, I think ascension with chi explosion could possible be our best pick for 3s.

When I tried it in 2s though getting stacks was just too slow for double dps gameplay, but me and my friend tested who could get 10 and stack stacks faster, I had ascension he had chi brew and there was about a 3 second difference to get 10 stacks (as chi brew) but with ascension CE I got 20 stacks much faster.

TLDR: Ascension CE will allow monks in 3s to have more stacks than they would with chi brew chi serenity.

also chi brew chi explosion takes too long to get stacks outside of double dps 2s.

#48 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

is RJW still the way too go? with lower haste levels shouldnt xuen be a good pick?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

I was playing yesterday and just tested the talents around and other than 2v2, I think ascension with chi explosion could possible be our best pick for 3s.

When I tried it in 2s though getting stacks was just too slow for double dps gameplay, but me and my friend tested who could get 10 and stack stacks faster, I had ascension he had chi brew and there was about a 3 second difference to get 10 stacks (as chi brew) but with ascension CE I got 20 stacks much faster.

TLDR: Ascension CE will allow monks in 3s to have more stacks than they would with chi brew chi serenity.

also chi brew chi explosion takes too long to get stacks outside of double dps 2s.

Yeah I definitely like Ascension CE against high uptime targets like healers/melee and some casters, just hate sitting at full energy when trying to kill boomkins and rdruids hehe

Ascension also helps with self healing which is nice

is RJW still the way too go? with lower haste levels shouldnt xuen be a good pick?

I really feel like RJW does little to no damage for the energy cost, i've actually been using Chi Torpedo alot on the beta, it helps alot with chasing druids and mages, also it can crit for 30-35k with TeB up, and heal for about 25-30k

still using xuen in 2v2 skirms when I get partnered with a dk or boomkin as they break all my para's anyway

#50 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

I have tried beta today, and our dmg even after chi explosion nerf still seems pretty good to me.
  • I also found out that Ascension + Chi Explosion is the way to go, seems pretty solid build to me for 3s and healer+dps 2s. It does take a bit to build stacks however, but we seem to be able to burst every 1min and do nice consistent dmg in between.
  • I think another compo choice could be Chi Brew + Serenity, it can also work in some comps (maybe double dps 2s, or some retarded melee cleave) because you do retarded dmg for the first 30sec of the game and then you tickle them for about 1.5min.
  • For stats I go Haste and then Multistrike.
  • I still dont find time to use RJW so i just go with Xuen even though he is a retarded little cat.
I don't know why so many monks cry that we do no dmg, our dmg seems much better than most other classes to me, the only thing I dont like atm about WW is our survivability. We seem to be the most squishy spec in the game, I guess we do have a lot of ways to run away but that's not enough.
  • Maybe they should make Fortifying Brew 20% HP + 40% dmg reduction instead? I mean its a 3min CD after all, and it is useless right now.
  • And also make Diffuse Magic usable in stuns.
With these 2 small changes I think I will be really happy, and I don't think I'm asking too much.

#51 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

How are the Wind Dancers looking now?
It's me baby, come kiss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<