• 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

The Good:
  • Being able to turn while rolling/ serpent kicking
  • Fist of fury doing full damage no matter how many targets it hits
  • Fist of fury no longer re-stuns
  • Legacy of the Emperor/White tiger compressed into a single buff so we dont spend 40 energy on rebuffing after being purged
  • port is now instant and has a 10 second cooldown on the placement portion
  • the massive reduction to cc in the game gives us alot of uptime, there are some games when I have more stacks than I can spend because of the 22 second tigereye brew duration and extra stacks from chi explosion
The Bad:
  • Class feels extremely squishy with removal of sparring and huge reduction to self healing
  • with the removal of hit and expertise it feels like certain classes (mostly plate) are parrying/dodging more than ever
  • Dampen Harm is still a useless talent in pvp
  • Jab costs 50 energy
  • Touch of Karma seems very weak only absorbing 50% of health pools instead of 100%
Personal Dislikes:
  • Removal of spinning fire blossom, not sure why they removed it, one of the few abilities that increased the skill cap of the class and was one of the two abilities that allowed us to catch burst of speed rogues and hunters
  • Chi Explosion replacing blackout kick
  • Hurricane strike feels very weak
  • surging mist, I actually hate having to cast heals as a melee class, and the fact that it heals for 12k out of a 250k health pool doesn't help at all
  • touch of death no longer being usable in pvp (was my favorite monk ability)
  • the amount of times my rising sun kicks and stuns have been parried on the beta is actually absurd
  • Ring of peace feels like a completely useless talent
  • there are still 3 mandatory glyphs
Random Damage notes:
  • a 3 chi Chi Explosion hits harder than a rising sun kick
  • fist of fury ticks do about the same damage as a rising sun kick
  • a full non crit Fist of Fury does about as much damage as a crit 3 chi Chi Explosion
  • Chi Wave does about the same damage as Chi Burst although chi burst seems to do more damage than chi wave with a 10 stack TeB popped
  • Karma when broken does very little damage (about 5k ticks)
on the beta currently ww is very strong against most ranged classes, I feel helpless against plate classes that just constantly parry every ability I try to use and rogues with burst of speed are untouchable with the removal of spinning fire blossom

our burst damage with chi explosion is insane it is probably one of the hardest hitting abilities on beta atm, but with 50 energy jab it feels hard to do follow up damage unless you have charges of chi brew available or a combo breaker proc

ive only been playing beta for 4 hours so I havent even had a chance to fully test monk vs every class/comp but based on the experience so far it seems alright, chi explosion makes the combat rotation actually fun compared to live

Edited by Marshmellow, 27 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#2 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

Very good to know! Haven't heard anything from the beta about Windwalker.

sort of random, but amazing transmog ha

#3 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

I had to google chi explosion because I don't know shit about WoD and the changes. So I have a question: do you just use it when you have 3+ chi or do you just spam it randomly like you do with blackout kick atm?

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

I had to google chi explosion because I don't know shit about WoD and the changes. So I have a question: do you just use it when you have 3+ chi or do you just spam it randomly like you do with blackout kick atm?

pretty much however you want, you can go for more consistent damage and spend 2 chi on it, but from my experience so far saving 3-4 chi is optimal since if you spend 3 or more chi on it you get a tigereye stack, which can proc mastery as well. you don't really land many kills with consistent damage from what i've seen

the rotation I've been using is 5 chi -> Rushing jade wind -> rising sun kick -> chi explosion, and if there are a ton of targets to hit and you dont have to worry about breaking cc i've been using chi explosion before rising sun kick for the aoe bonus

#5 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

I am playing beta for 3 weeks now and i can say that I agree with almost anything you said.
1)The amount of our abilities that getting parried/dodge from other melee players is retarded.
2) People seem to brake ToK very fast.
3) Spinning fire Blossom seems a big loss.
4) The 5yard increase to FoF range from our PvP set also seems a big loss to me, I lose many of my FoF because the target is laging or I'm lagging.
5) Hope they let us ToD players, its not like it was the best execute in game, Locks and Warriors and DKs executed people from 25% not 10%.

The best Build I have found working best fro WW atm is:
1) Going full Haste.
2) Ascension.
3) Chi Explosion
4) And maybe Tiger over Rushing Jade wind, cos now that i have to jab 2 times to use 1 chi explosion efficiently i dont find many situations where i can press RJW apart from the time i am running to my target. But maybe this is a bad idea cos Tiger is still retarded?

I cant say I like WW atm, maybe I will if they gave us some more defenses, and maybe change/increase the way we do dmg. But hey! Celestalon (our retard lord and savior) as he quoted, "ToK is a dmg ability that just happens to absorb", so i guess we can ask the enemy player to dps into our karma when we are trying to nuke him down.

#6 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2028
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

The 10 extra energy to jab feels like the biggest change to the spec tbh... I tried going full multistrike at first and felt completely energy starved almost every game, went back to haste and it felt a little better.

Also... tok feels completely useless and breaks instantly or something, also does no damage in return. Warriors and dk's are basically immune to our damage also cause they parry even more on beta than they do on live (yeah... hard to believe)

Edited by Smooviex, 02 August 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#7 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

The 10 extra energy to jab feels like the biggest change to the spec tbh... I tried going full multistrike at first and felt completely energy starved almost every game, went back to haste and it felt a little better.

Also... tok feels completely useless and breaks instantly or something, also does no damage in return. Warriors and dk's are basically immune to our damage also cause they parry even more on beta than they do on live (yeah... hard to believe)

yeah +10 energy on jab is the worst change by far, feels like im constantly just waiting to use abilities, especially when playing with chi explosion

and someone on the beta told me that karma is only 50% because they doubled healthpools for testing, not sure if it's true though.

#8 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I HATE the removal of spinning fire blossom. I never realized how much I use it until now. I mean sometimes I feel as i'm just waddling towards my target without roll/fsk up when on live I can spam flowers to catch up and do some mild damage.

I feel borderline OP in the sense that I can still beat almost anything 1v1, I win most 2v2 skirmishes with randoms, and I can literally survive for a very long time solo. I still feel like i'm being parried/dodged on 70% of the things I do even though I thought it was being removed in WOD. I can't beat an intelligent druid of any spec because their healing is completely rediculous even outside HOTW and they cannot OOM. DKs are also impossible to kill because they are so tanky, can heal so much, and even though I can survive a decent while they will just kill me eventually. Anything else is fair game

I'm actually 50/50 with the healing changes. I hate spheres it's such a clunky mechanic and I actually prefer the new healing if it was buffed to do something more reasonable. Even as it is it crits 30k or so during TEB (which is up almost 100% of the time due to the new set bonus and the generation is so fast with chi explosion)

I hate how my whole damage revolves around spamming chi explosion as much as possible. RSK does absolutely nothing most of the time I don't even bother with it. Chi generation is horrible so why waste it on a 8k RSK instead of a 60k chi explosion?

that brings me to my next point. Jab's energy increase makes everything feel so clunky and slow like a feral druid. Energy regen is far too bad to play RJW anymore, and even though I hate RJW playstyle I hate xuen even more. I wish they would redesign that entire talent section to something more interesting. My personal preference would be some sort of DOT effect such as buffing BOK DOT to do something meaningful.

I actually LOVE the chi explosion DOT effect. It's been an ENTIRE expansion without a single meaningful DOT it's such a relief to finally have one!

All things considered i'm still on the fence with WW changes. It's too early to judge how it will be on release and I can't get too bitchy until then so i'll reserve my judgements

#9 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

that just constantly parry every ability I try to use and rogues with burst of speed are untouchable

Know the feel
Posted Image

#10 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

They have already removed the ability to change direction while rolling or during flying serpent kick.

#11 Zeon

Zeon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Over the years, we've added significantly more new spells and abilities to the game than we've removed. This has led to the complexity of the game increasing steadily over time, to the point we're at now, where players feel like they need dozens of keybinds.

I was excited that they understood it was a problem, but didnt want them to go too far.
And what did they do? It seems that they just replaced spheres with surging mist, removed disarm and spinning fire blossom and added one more spell as lvl 100 talent. Maybe im bad at math but is it one keybind less? Or two if we pick a pasive lvl 100 talent?
Nice ability pruning there. Good job blizzard.

Edited by Zeon, 18 August 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#12 Mish

Mish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1567
  • 3v3: 2187
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

I was excited that they understood it was a problem, but didnt want them to go too far.
And what did they do? It seems that they just replaced spheres with surging mist, removed disarm and spinning fire blossom and added one more spell as lvl 100 talent. Maybe im bad at math but is it one keybind less? Or two if we pick a pasive lvl 100 talent?
Nice ability pruning there. Good job blizzard.

• Dematerialize has been removed. (passive)
  • Sparring has been removed. (passive)
  • Swift Reflexes has been removed. (passive)
  • Spinning Fire Blossom has been removed. (most fun ability ever)
  • And disarm also removed
I think Celestalon uses keybinds for passive abilities.

Anw the biggest disappointment was with the passive Parry/Dodge. I thought they removed that shit from the game, I understand having cooldown abilities like evasion but why keep that annoying rng aspect of the game in? Anw it only happen when melee hits melee, when a melee hits a caster he can land all of his abilities, when a caster hits a melee he can land all of his abilities, but when a melee hits another melee he parry/dodge 70% of his abilities?
Whats the point? I once read Celestalon saying that is because they want melee to try to hit their targets from behind,but that is nonsense cos we can hit casters and healers fine,it only happen to melee vs melee...

#13 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

• Dematerialize has been removed. (passive)
  • Sparring has been removed. (passive)
  • Swift Reflexes has been removed. (passive)
  • Spinning Fire Blossom has been removed. (most fun ability ever)
  • And disarm also removed
I think Celestalon uses keybinds for passive abilities.

Anw the biggest disappointment was with the passive Parry/Dodge. I thought they removed that shit from the game, I understand having cooldown abilities like evasion but why keep that annoying rng aspect of the game in? Anw it only happen when melee hits melee, when a melee hits a caster he can land all of his abilities, when a caster hits a melee he can land all of his abilities, but when a melee hits another melee he parry/dodge 70% of his abilities?
Whats the point? I once read Celestalon saying that is because they want melee to try to hit their targets from behind,but that is nonsense cos we can hit casters and healers fine,it only happen to melee vs melee...

Celestalon is such a dingus.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#14 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

Windwalker Changes
For Energy-based gameplay to function well, the primary limitation on ability usage should be Energy, not time. That breaks down when a rotation becomes limited by available GCDs, rather than by Energy. Windwalkers were hitting this “GCD-cap” too easily, causing scaling problems as they geared up, and removing rotational choices. To solve this problem, we’ve made a few tweaks that will Slow down their rotation slightly; but still allow Windwalkers who enjoy the GCD-capped playstyle to have options available to focus on Haste and Energy regeneration. Individually, these may sound like significant nerfs, but Windwalker damage has been adjusted to compensate for these changes. The goal is to address the issue with GCD-capping while not reducing DPS.

There are a couple of additional changes for Windwalkers. Storm, Earth, and Fire, got buffed to make it smoother to use. We also buffed Fists of Fury because we felt that the ability wasn’t giving a strong enough damage boost given its restrictions and impact on the Monk's rotation.

so instead of letting ww keep a fun playstyle they buffed our damage by 20% and tigereye generation by 33%

inb4 chi explosion one shot

#15 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Windwalker Changes
For Energy-based gameplay to function well, the primary limitation on ability usage should be Energy, not time. That breaks down when a rotation becomes limited by available GCDs, rather than by Energy. Windwalkers were hitting this “GCD-cap” too easily, causing scaling problems as they geared up, and removing rotational choices. To solve this problem, we’ve made a few tweaks that will Slow down their rotation slightly; but still allow Windwalkers who enjoy the GCD-capped playstyle to have options available to focus on Haste and Energy regeneration. Individually, these may sound like significant nerfs, but Windwalker damage has been adjusted to compensate for these changes. The goal is to address the issue with GCD-capping while not reducing DPS.

There are a couple of additional changes for Windwalkers. Storm, Earth, and Fire, got buffed to make it smoother to use. We also buffed Fists of Fury because we felt that the ability wasn’t giving a strong enough damage boost given its restrictions and impact on the Monk's rotation.
so instead of letting ww keep a fun playstyle they buffed our damage by 20% and tigereye generation by 33%

inb4 chi explosion one shot

Since blizzard refuses to make the SIMPLEST and practical changes to the Windwalker class that without our retarded damage we would be utterly useless. Damage is all we have left :'(

#16 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

From the tooltip it looks like zen meditation no longer redirects spells to you... Probably the most skillful ability for monks and they take it away for no reason,

:(

#17 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

From the tooltip it looks like zen meditation no longer redirects spells to you... Probably the most skillful ability for monks and they take it away for no reason,

:(

Blizzard removing utility and buffing damage is fun, right? Death Knight's remember.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

was playing earlier and it felt like chi explosion and fists of fury are the only abilities that actually do damage, and every other ability is just there to buff the damage of them

also healing and karma still do nothing

#19 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

was playing earlier and it felt like chi explosion and fists of fury are the only abilities that actually do damage, and every other ability is just there to buff the damage of them

This is a gosh dung shame (sorry for my profanity). I thoroughly enjoy my WW monk and if this what is happening then the Blizzard designers need to be hung up by their Buster Browns.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#20 Emophia

Emophia
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

What did they do to RSK to make it so shitty?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<