Photo

Rogues in WoD

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

I don't like assassination being the dominant spec, I really hope sublety will be the way to go when WoD goes live. Else I'll reroll since assassination is like playing a turtle with daggers.

Subtlety wont be good due to its "complexity" (clunkiness). Whole game moved in different direction, and sub with its setup and directional attacks is still stitting somewhere in 2004.

#22 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/rzn732/c/4777329

Assassination has always been good in twos though and Rzn didn't even put a bleed up, but nice to see it might make a comeback to PvP.

#23 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Fuck any spec that isn't Sub
Fuck BoS
Fuck the amount of "skilled" JK mindless spammable roots in this game

#GhostCrawlerweneedyouKappa

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#24 Goatsie

Goatsie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 576

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Fuck any spec that isn't Sub
Fuck BoS
Fuck the amount of "skilled" JK mindless spammable roots in this game

#GhostCrawlerweneedyouKappa

Listen to this guy. Except for BoS because I do really think we need it. Even if it sucks that we have to use it

Posted Image

#25 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

They should remove evasion already and simply give you passive 95% dodge.

Also in its current state, WoD should be renamed: Warlords of Down Syndrome.
Warlords of Down Syndrome.

#26 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Assa is the boring spec ever. You just use 3 buttons for damage and train someone. Disgusting
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#27 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

if the amount of novas in game is reduced rogues will probably be really good
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#28 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

if the amount of novas in game is reduced rogues will probably be really good

Same amount of roots in wod as mop.

#29 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

Same amount of roots in wod as mop.

With exception of shiv root.

wat. :confused:

[edit] makes me lol actually, we lost para stun, shiv root and disarm. Has any other class lost 3 CC in wod?

#30 raziael1

raziael1
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1629
  • 3v3: 1802
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

With exception of shiv root.

wat. :confused:

[edit] makes me lol actually, we lost para stun, shiv root and disarm. Has any other class lost 3 CC in wod?

Disarms are gone across the board, warriors now have to choose between stormbolt and shockwave, multiple other changes. Read the updated patch notes over at the official site or mmo champion. Rogues are looking like they are going to be the exact same as live with a few less buttons to push if you run sin for the first season.

Things like para poison are retarded and shouldn't be in game. We all talk shit about garbage warlocks who use the Shivarra, but this is the exact same thing.

#31 raziael1

raziael1
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1629
  • 3v3: 1802
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Assa is the boring spec ever. You just use 3 buttons for damage and train someone. Disgusting

Yes it is the most brain dead thing ever, it is supposed to be that way for pve. Assassination is the 'progression' spec in pve for the exact reason quoted above. Hit one button, watch raid mechanics, hit another button 5 or so seconds later, watch more raid mechanics.

#32 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

I think the sub playstyle changed due to the multistrike attunement and heavily revolves around lots of bleeds. A combination of Venom Zest, Anticipation, Internal Bleeding with the Glyph of Energy (and Gnome racial!) allows for pretty big damage spikes. Eviscerate on the other hand is hitting so weak that it's pretty much only used if nothing else is possible and Crimson Tempest often seems like the better choice.

This playstyle obviously is less effective with ShS as you can't stick long enough to a target. While I agree that ShS is the more fun and more skill-involved playstyle I think just from a dps point of view BoS is vastly superior. In my opinion either the multistrike attunement needs to change or BoS/bleed stacking with focus on Multistrike (and Haste >= Mastery >>> Crit) as secondary stat will be the prominent WoD playstyle for sub rogues. That playstyle is much more like Assassination used to be.

Another reason for Anticipation is Deadly Throw. The 6 second lockout from range without cooldown. In a perfect world a rogue could land 3 inlines within 2 (DT/Kick/DT) and 4 within 6 (DT/Kick/DT/DT with CP from HaT) seconds. I consider binding DT for arena1-3. Without the delay it's so incredibly strong. I haven't seen rogues using DT a lot in beta, yet, but I think that talent is vastly more over the top with Anticipation than BoS currently is.

Disclaimer: Anticipation is only good in 3s or with a very crit-heavy class as partner in 2s (or 5v5/RBG).

Edit: I'm not sure if this is known by most of you but Hemo as well as Crimson Tempest have stacking bleeds, which means the longer you can stick on a target the harder Backstab/Ambush multistrikes hit.

#33 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

I think the sub playstyle changed due to the multistrike attunement and heavily revolves around lots of bleeds. A combination of Venom Zest, Anticipation, Internal Bleeding with the Glyph of Energy (and Gnome racial!) allows for pretty big damage spikes. Eviscerate on the other hand is hitting so weak that it's pretty much only used if nothing else is possible and Crimson Tempest often seems like the better choice.

This playstyle obviously is less effective with ShS as you can't stick long enough to a target. While I agree that ShS is the more fun and more skill-involved playstyle I think just from a dps point of view BoS is vastly superior. In my opinion either the multistrike attunement needs to change or BoS/bleed stacking with focus on Multistrike (and Haste >= Mastery >>> Crit) as secondary stat will be the prominent WoD playstyle for sub rogues. That playstyle is much more like Assassination used to be.

Another reason for Anticipation is Deadly Throw. The 6 second lockout from range without cooldown. In a perfect world a rogue could land 3 inlines within 2 (DT/Kick/DT) and 4 within 6 (DT/Kick/DT/DT with CP from HaT) seconds. I consider binding DT for arena1-3. Without the delay it's so incredibly strong. I haven't seen rogues using DT a lot in beta, yet, but I think that talent is vastly more over the top with Anticipation than BoS currently is.

Disclaimer: Anticipation is only good in 3s or with a very crit-heavy class as partner in 2s (or 5v5/RBG).

Edit: I'm not sure if this is known by most of you but Hemo as well as Crimson Tempest have stacking bleeds, which means the longer you can stick on a target the harder Backstab/Ambush multistrikes hit.

Everything you've said there sounds like literal aids.

#34 Backstabi

Backstabi
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 1598
  • LocationUnder my bed

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

Everything you've said there sounds like literal aids.

Because it kinda is.

It's a very RNG playstyle that, once again, will lead to fairly ridiculous burst towards the end of the xpack as %'s begin to grow.

Open, play like a feral, get a trinket proc, go ham.

In other news... Combat is absolutely destroying face now that Restless Blades is fixed. 17K non-crit Internal Bleeding with a 4-second 50% Bandit's Guile Killing Spree is absolutely disgusting. Bonus points if you're human with Proc/On-use stacked.

Posted Image

#35 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

The BoS change to 25 energy is noticeable. Just running for restealths isn't that helpful because of the bleed stacking and damage outside of opener/dance is a lot higher than it used to be in previous expansions and so it costs a lot of damage. The payoff to use Feint/BoS now matters and I like that a lot. The damage from rogues drops significantly when focussed. ShS still doesn't feel even remotely competitive however.

Also: Combat is pretty strong. Woundman will have a lot of fun.

#36 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

How is your setup different to ferals before you burst again? 1 steroid 2 bleeds then cds.. Just we do it once every 3 minutes and don't get energy/cp as fast.

Because rogues also have to keep up feint and the feral bleeds doesnt tick for 3k dmg.

#37 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1890
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

• Nerve Strike is once again reducing dmg done by 50% and healing done for 10% for 6s.
  • Assa rogues are gettting passive ability called Enhanced Vendetta which works as well known Cold Blood - next Mutilate/Dispatch/Envenom/Ambush has 100% chance to be critical.
  • Sub rogues are getting passive ability called Enhanced Vanish which simply reduces the cooldown on vanish by 30s making it 1.5min CD.
  • Shadow Dance lasts 10s.

Edited by Ravv, 25 September 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Konichiwa

Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

• Nerve Strike is once again reducing dmg done by 50% and healing done for 10% for 6s.

It's 50% damage reduction in pve, it remains 25% in pvp eventho the talent doesnt say anything specific about pvp, it does show 25% when u mouseover the debuff on a pvp target.

#39 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1890
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

It's 50% damage reduction in pve, it remains 25% in pvp eventho the talent doesnt say anything specific about pvp, it does show 25% when u mouseover the debuff on a pvp target.

Thx for the info, didnt even bothered to test it. Thought the description doesnt lie.
Posted Image

#40 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Interesting. Rogues buffed again, even though I already found them retardedly strong.

I was going to re-roll Druid after putting it off in Cata and MoP but they've been continuously nerfing them -.- The only enjoyable specs in beta are rogue and druid -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<