Photo

Rogues in WoD

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone could put some feed back on how roguesare during the beta phase. Dmg, healing from recup, dmg taken, how is the defensive side, the usuals for all the specs. And any thoughts on races? Haven't really come across anything mentioning the above. Thanks in advance for the feed back.

#2 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Too early to tell.

#3 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1957
  • RBG: 1647

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

They'll be good when numbers get fine-tuned. Assuming no more major changes happen to skills.

#4 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

As long as sub is the main pvp spec they will be bad.

Bursting as sub is going to be pain. You have to keep SnD, rupture and hemo up, pool after 5 points, kidney and then dance spam ambushes, while all other specs with similar mechanics have them either removed (inquisition) or baked up (savagery). Not to mention backstab is the only directional attack in game (everything else is simplified).

If assassination/combat wont be viable and sub design is not gonna change, I'm rerolling either WW or feral.

#5 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Junkies
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

So far without tweaking seems that assassination running with shadowy reflection is top tier. Ridiculous burst then shadowy reflection will follow up and double the ridiculous burst. Rupture is doing good dmg aswell so your sustained dmg as assa is high too.

Please review the rules on signatures.

#6 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

I like that they have reduced agility % gained from sinister calling, because even though it might seem as a nerf, its actually good because it won't make rogues so gear dependant as before. So if our damage is too shit, they will have to buff the actual abilities that are weak, rather than us just having to wait until last season of the expansion to have +40% crit passive and do damage.

#7 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

I like that they have reduced agility % gained from sinister calling, because even though it might seem as a nerf, its actually good because it won't make rogues so gear dependant as before. So if our damage is too shit, they will have to buff the actual abilities that are weak, rather than us just having to wait until last season of the expansion to have +40% crit passive and do damage.

You would think that, but I think it's more likely they will just leave the damage being shit. It looks like most Rogues on WoD beta are going Assassination because Subtlety is terrible, I assume the FW nerf is still in place. But because of that they will claim there is nothing inherently wrong with Subtlety, it's just because the spec is underplayed so the "data is skewed", that is how they justified Sub being terrible in PvE for years.

#8 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Agi doesn't give crit in wod it wouldn't have mattered.

Anything can happen when tuning happens but currently assassination does almost as much active dmg as sub. Its not the "dot" spec it is on live and on that currently wound is more dmg for assassination than deadly.

That's not to say sub does no dmg it just takes a lot more setup then assassination or even itself on live it also takes stacking lots of multistrike and rng luck because of that.

Assassintion and sub seem like they both will work I don't know about combat as I haven't been testing as its broken finishers aren't lowering the cd on ar/ks.

As far as dmg taken melee does tons of dmg to rogues but rogues take less dmg from casters because of their lock down and having to cast more. Dmg is slower overall from most classes but arms is still bursting like its mop.

Recup will ouheal most dots because of the new dmg model but it doesn't do much else.

As said anything can still change but this is what we have so far.

#9 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

This multistrike thing sounds retarded to me, introducing even more rng

#10 z4xx

z4xx
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

This multistrike thing sounds retarded to me, introducing even more rng

Its basically second crit, just named differently.

#11 crisise4

crisise4
  • Kyubí
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2348
  • 3v3: 2702
  • 5v5: 2064
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

As long as sub is the main pvp spec they will be bad.

Bursting as sub is going to be pain. You have to keep SnD, rupture and hemo up, pool after 5 points, kidney and then dance spam ambushes, while all other specs with similar mechanics have them either removed (inquisition) or baked up (savagery). Not to mention backstab is the only directional attack in game (everything else is simplified).

If assassination/combat wont be viable and sub design is not gonna change, I'm rerolling either WW or feral.

How is your setup different to ferals before you burst again? 1 steroid 2 bleeds then cds.. Just we do it once every 3 minutes and don't get energy/cp as fast.

#12 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys thanks for the responses. So does assas energy regen feel fine? Is the game flow fluid or clunky?

#13 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys thanks for the responses. So does assas energy regen feel fine?

Assassination energy feels a lot better than live the energy isn't rng anymore and the attack spd buff now gives real haste. And not having to put up snd makes recup a lot easier to use and keeps the ramp up on the spec low. Vendetta still has the same issues as live (but one thing worth noting is you can't vanish Vendetta anymore) but other than that the spec is pretty solid. But also since it gets cold blood with vendetta makes it work well with death from above but dfa itself is a little clunky.

#14 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

So on beta rogues as assas will basically have recup running and feint as their primary defensives that aren't cd based? Do you feel like feint is mandatory with the dmg being dished out?

#15 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

And not having to put up snd makes recup a lot easier to use and keeps the ramp up on the spec low.

1 snd per game game, wow what an effort
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#16 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

So on beta rogues as assas will basically have recup running and feint as their primary defensives that aren't cd based? Do you feel like feint is mandatory with the dmg being dished out?

Outside of a few broken classes that hopefully get fixed dmg isn't high enough that you need to spam it all the time. But it is nice to have whenever you need it. The issue is leeching isn't good and even if it was you now give a snare to use it, and cheat death is even weaker than live because of the healing model change. So there isn't really another option even if you didn't have to take it.

1 snd per game game, wow what an effort

Were not talking about pve here, there's lots of chances to for it to fall in pvp. Unless all you do is run in and do a pve rotation and do nothing else that's not true.

#17 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

So it is basically still the best talent in the tier essentially 99 per of the time. It is good to heat that you no longer need to spam it but use it proactively as a mini oh shit button. Between ShS and BoS which stands out or is situational?

#18 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Is beta open at this point or it's still invitational? I haven't even checked and seeing as everyone is talking about assassination feels better. I would like to try this.

#19 mauze11

mauze11
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2157
  • 3v3: 2054
  • RBG: 576

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't like assassination being the dominant spec, I really hope sublety will be the way to go when WoD goes live. Else I'll reroll since assassination is like playing a turtle with daggers.

#20 Torapants

Torapants
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 1466
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1839
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Is beta open at this point or it's still invitational? I haven't even checked and seeing as everyone is talking about assassination feels better. I would like to try this.

It's invitational, but there's plenty of giveaways around if you're determined.
Doubt it will go open beta tbh. However 6.0 should go on PTR at some point unless they just use the beta for the patch testing.
:rogue: forever and always.

Posted by Soltan:
when playing mutilate its pretty important to bind V ..... for vendetta :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<