109 replies to this topic

#21 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostFlavours, on 29 July 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Sigh...

PVE =/= PVP

You don't say! It's just a broad overview for those who don't have beta access... and those at the top just happen to be the strongest classes in arena as well right now, while MM and SV are just as bad as in this chart...

View Postoniizanagi, on 29 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

With Lone Wolf do you completely lose the pet or is the talent only activated if your pet is not summoned?

Yes, no pet but you can choose one of their buffs (crit, stats, haste, stamina etc). No more masters call, most pet talents no longer work and no RoS. You can summon the pet in arena, but you can't dismiss it afterwards and you'll lose the Lone Wolf buff.
Warlords of Down Syndrome.

#22 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Ah so then you lose the chance to bounce between defensive tactics and offensive. That sucks, sounds more like a pure pve talent then.

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 29 July 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

MM damage is dog shit right now, aimed shot is way too slow and hits like a wet noodle while other classes will global you with stupid instant damage and CC...

Posted Image
linking this is the single most stupid thing you can link to people, especially on this site where no1 actually understands anything not related specifically to pvp

for those that do, none of these sims are completed yet, so what they show is pretty pointless. for instance, the fire and arcane mage ones don't use lvl 75 or 100 talents, and the fire and frost mage ones still use evocate before the pull and every minuite to keep the removed invocation buff up :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 29 July 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

linking this is the single most stupid thing you can link to people, especially on this site where no1 actually understands anything not related specifically to pvp

for those that do, none of these sims are completed yet, so what they show is pretty pointless. for instance, the fire and arcane mage ones don't use lvl 75 or 100 talents, and the fire and frost mage ones still use evocate before the pull and every minuite to keep the removed invocation buff up :)

I know I know... and I already regret it... but like I said, it was never meant to be an accurate chart, just a rough estimate to give you an idea of where certain classes are at right now in this build.

All I can tell you for sure is that burst is insane! Instant cc spam, passive immunities and unlimited mobility are just as bad... it's Mists of Mongoloids all over again...

#25 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

So according to Celestalon they won't change Sniper Training or anything else for that matter... all they could do now is simply buff aimed shot damage and/or cast time, aimed should at least do the same dmg as Chimera... if they won't it'll be MoP all over again... boring BM mongo carnage!

#26 oniizanagi

oniizanagi
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Every expac bm starts stronger but eventually fades out as hunters get weapons and gear. It's just silly to see it start as such again with one season of bm being stupid easy and having it passed the next. Also correct me if I'm wrong but with the lose of arc shot now mm becomes a turret spec with no mobility unless as glyph is taken. Unless it was made baseline and I missed that.

#27 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Currently BM is not just stronger, MM and SV are at the bottom, completely unplayble in PvE and PvP. Absolute garbage DPS. Aimed shots hits like a wet noodle while my prot warriors shield slam with gladiator stance is curb stomping people. It's a joke...

I really like the new MM design and their new mastery (most hunters don't), aimed shot simply needs more damage (same as Chimera just like on live) and/or faster cast time. But I bet they won't do it just like the did in MoP... they completely ignore any beta feedback...

Aimed shot can now be casted while moving without any glyph, so mobility is not an issue, however the new Sniper Training mastery is too clunky/slow in PvP right now...

#28 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Took them more than a week for a new build... no changes tho, MM is still garbage. MM literally lost everything while all other classes kept their (mostly passive) shit.

Casted 2.5 sec Aimed shots still hit a feral druid for like 7k in cat form while his instants hit you for like 70k the entire match...

It's MoP BETA all over again, MM and SV will go live as it is now and maybe after 2 seasons of mongo BM they'll fix MM, if we're lucky... mark my words.

At least the new warr prot stance is still fun.

#29 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 03 August 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

So according to Celestalon they won't change Sniper Training or anything else for that matter... all they could do now is simply buff aimed shot damage and/or cast time, aimed should at least do the same dmg as Chimera... if they won't it'll be MoP all over again... boring BM mongo carnage!

Chimaera has a built in cleave now, so it will limit your use in games depending on how the opponent positions themselves around the CC target.

#30 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostTheGosuStandard, on 06 August 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

Chimaera has a built in cleave now, so it will limit your use in games depending on how the opponent positions themselves around the CC target.

Yes, that's yet another issue I forgot to mention. But like I said, MM is unplayable in PvP right now anyway, sniper training is too slow and clunky, aimed shot is still way too slow and hits for absolutely nothing.

Posted Image

It was a 2vs1 and I used it as a test. Recciavic = MM, lone wolf talent, standing still far away, unharassed, sniper training up the entire time, doing patchwerk DPS with rapid fire up, pumping out aimed shots with 90% crit and all of em hit (none were dodged), while the opposing BM hunter didn't deter nor LoS. I don't remember the locks spec.

This is how utterly pathetic MM is right now, and according to the devs it's fine. Our only hope is number tuning... if nothing changes after that, say goodbye to the spec for a looooong time...

#31 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

New build. MM damage is still dog shit and kill shot no longer works.

R.I.P. Marksmanship

#32 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Fuck should I just not play hunter in WOD?  This sounds awful...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I don't play a hunter main but have played an alt around 2k range and have been testing SV on beta.  Its really really bad damage and also there are literally zero offensive cooldowns.  i can't think of any class/spec that doesn't have some sort of 1-3m cooldown? maybe shadow priest?  Gameplay is very boring with the amount of pruning. Its not like you can do anything skillful to do more damage when you only have a 3 button rotation(felt the same for all 3 specs).

Feels unplayable right now when anyone with some sort of hyrid heals can outheal a hunters damage.

#34 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostLiveFreeOrDie, on 07 August 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

New build. MM damage is still dog shit

R.I.P. Marksmanship

https://twitter.com/...467328187146240

#35 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2679
  • 3v3: 3001
  • 5v5: 2391
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hey I've been streaming WoD lately on my stream twitch.tv/dillypoo69

If you guys want me to test specific things etc. I can. I'm down to give any wanted feedback and answer questions too!

View PostCapstone, on 31 July 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

http://i.imgur.com/QfpYL5r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hGw5KBu.jpg

#36 Pathologist

Pathologist
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Honestly it's far too early to speculate, there will most definitely be DPS tweaking between now and release.

#37 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostPathologist, on 19 August 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Honestly it's far too early to speculate, there will most definitely be DPS tweaking between now and release.

It has nothing to do with tuning dps, mechanics for MM & SV are horrible.

Currently Marks only uses a two to three button rotation with nothing interesting happening. Survival on the other hand lacks a finisher, cooldown, & dispel protection (black arrow is huge for SV now).

#38 LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostThe_Observer, on 15 August 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

I'm glad they nerfed Aimed Shot after the first major buff... we shouldn't allow a physical 2.5 sec cast to do more than 1/4 of the spamable instant mongo spell damage of all other ranged and "melee" classes/specs...

#39 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • LocationUAE,Al Ain

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

yeah well mm looks like a trash spec and its easily the most enjoyable and skill-capped spec between all the 3 for hunters.
kind of depressing to see this happening,really hope blizzard do something about it.chimera is an aoe?srs?lol

always remember that you're still garbage

#40 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2679
  • 3v3: 3001
  • 5v5: 2391
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostCall Me Teranaye, on 27 August 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

yeah well mm looks like a trash spec and its easily the most enjoyable and skill-capped spec between all the 3 for hunters.
kind of depressing to see this happening,really hope blizzard do something about it.chimera is an aoe?srs?lol

Yeah I feel the same way as you.

View PostCapstone, on 31 July 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

http://i.imgur.com/QfpYL5r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hGw5KBu.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<