• 3v3: 2662
  • RBG: 1782

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

MM, my guide is almost done as well

Surv!MM is broken without arcaneshot=(

#102 bertdavis69

bertdavis69

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

And BM got a pvp buff since they buffed kill command 20%. They also nerfed adaptation at the same time, but I was liking exotic munitions anyway as the 100 pvp talent.

I realize many just don't want to play BM, but it does have its strengths in WoD. Cheesy or not, there's something to be said for damage that you can do when your opponent goes behind a pillar instead of a spec like MM when they can use pillars to great effect against you. It's mastery is also much more pvp friendly than MM's, as is its focus regen mechanics (pet attacks vs. steady shots for mm), and KC doesn't break into two to break cc like Chimera Shot does. There are very important aspects of MM's design that are just flat-out pvp unfriendly, and they can't just be glossed over imo.

The loss of BW trinket is a big nerf to BM, but on the bright side you can use BW more effectively as a planned burst ability rather than an extra trinket. BM's pvp set bonus is also really good, making you and your pet share cc drs. So if your pet gets caught in a shadowfury, shockwave or psychic scream, you get DR'ed along with it. That's pretty huge (especially against AOE ccs), and it will make teams think twice about a strategy of ccing your pet to reduce your damage.

I'd also note that BW's 1 min cd synergizes very well with A Murder of Crows, as well as the CDs of certain likely hunter partners such as rets. I saw Yoske doing 3s as BM with Avengelyne a few days ago, and they were getting pretty crazy 1 min burst by using BW, crows and Execution Sentence together. Yoske was also able to use a Devilsaur, which offers 5% extra crit in addition to the MS effect which is also available to MM/SV now.

The downside of BM is that you have to be a BM hunter, which a lot of people just don't want to be and rule the spec off on that basis. That's fine if you feel that way, but BM has a lot of things which are, objectively speaking, better suited for pvp than MM or SV.

Ehh. The burst just isn't there as BM imo. It's nice to have instant arcanes instead of casted aimed shots, but tbh, I would rather have aimed. Arcane shots really don't do very much damage as BM anyway. I'd rather have the casted aimed shots that actually do damage, honestly. And you still have multi shot for totems as MM. Like dilly said, when you're playing with a melee that has peel/lockdown potential, it just feels like you can time your damage a lot more effectively. BM just feels like you are constantly doing the same damage no matter what.

#103 AltairWoW

AltairWoW
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

Like dilly said, when you're playing with a melee that has peel/lockdown potential, it just feels like you can time your damage a lot more effectively. BM just feels like you are constantly doing the same damage no matter what.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense with regard to mm's burst, but I disagree with BM doing the same damage all the time, especially if you spec crows and line it up with bestial wrath, dps trinket, etc. Before, BM's burst was kind of random and unpredictable since BW was used as a trinket and Blink Strikes just provided steady damage. Now BM's burst can be planned and coordinated with team-mates, and the new AMoC fits that burst perfectly. Plus, the extra 5% crit from devilsaur shouldn't be underestimated, it obviously affects not only your damage but the damage and healing of your team-mates as well. That extra crit will win some games for BM.

But MM definitely does have good on-demand burst on a locked-down target (that lack of burst is survival's weakness). Maybe that burst will be enough to compensate for MM's weaknesses.

#104 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, I guess that makes sense with regard to mm's burst, but I disagree with BM doing the same damage all the time, especially if you spec crows and line it up with bestial wrath, dps trinket, etc. Before, BM's burst was kind of random and unpredictable since BW was used as a trinket and Blink Strikes just provided steady damage. Now BM's burst can be planned and coordinated with team-mates, and the new AMoC fits that burst perfectly. Plus, the extra 5% crit from devilsaur shouldn't be underestimated, it obviously affects not only your damage but the damage and healing of your team-mates as well. That extra crit will win some games for BM.

But MM definitely does have good on-demand burst on a locked-down target (that lack of burst is survival's weakness). Maybe that burst will be enough to compensate for MM's weaknesses.

Just having a melee on your team makes up for the weaknesses that MM has. TBH Survival is probably better if you're running with an affliction warlock or something because you can peel a lot more in order to help him get casts off with 12 second cd Ice traps+having entrapment. But honestly if I'm going to be running Thugcleave, ATC, or really any other hunter melee comp I think it's better to have the on demand burst that marksmanship provides. Especially if they just tweak Marksman slightly I feel melee have so much synergy with the spec.

Although imo the changes i'd like to see for Marksman are making Chimera Shot single target again and then buffing it's damage up slightly, then reworking the Sniper Training Mastery to instead only effect Aimed Shot, and make it heavily buff it's Damage and Crit chance by increasing the coefficients on the revamped sniper training. Then they can nerf the damage of Aimed Shot slightly most likely, so that it's not just super broken op if you're jumping around spamming it. If the numbers are tweaked in a playstyle like that I think Marksman would fill a really nice role, similar to a caster. If you're running with a melee on your team that can peel a target for you and you can get in good positioning to get off those few aimed shots with sniper training active then you could deal some serious damage, which would be a really nice reward. But also by making it so that Chim Shot is single target again and buffing it's damage slightly it will make it so that you will still have high damage every 9 seconds for situations that you're just getting trained and you're not able to get too many windows to cast those Chim Shots.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#105 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:40 AM

I think I totally see what you are saying in regards to MM and playing with a controlling melee like a Rogue or something.

But I must say I have been trying a bit of BM and lining up BW and Crows seems really strong. Also the ability of BM to get dmg out even when they are seriously shutting you down is crazy. I can see either BM or Survival being strong as PHDK or Ret/Hunter/Priest (Disc Priest) as the CC chains you can get with Asphyxiate(HoJ)>Trap>Fear>Silence are pretty crazy and give you a long time to land kills which means that constant damage will be good for them I would think.

Whats your thoughts on the above Dilly?

I realize that most people hate BM and don't want to play it, but honestly at this stage BM (and survival) feels a lot more fun to play then MM does to me at the moment.

#106 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

I think I totally see what you are saying in regards to MM and playing with a controlling melee like a Rogue or something.

But I must say I have been trying a bit of BM and lining up BW and Crows seems really strong. Also the ability of BM to get dmg out even when they are seriously shutting you down is crazy. I can see either BM or Survival being strong as PHDK or Ret/Hunter/Priest (Disc Priest) as the CC chains you can get with Asphyxiate(HoJ)>Trap>Fear>Silence are pretty crazy and give you a long time to land kills which means that constant damage will be good for them I would think.

Whats your thoughts on the above Dilly?

I realize that most people hate BM and don't want to play it, but honestly at this stage BM (and survival) feels a lot more fun to play then MM does to me at the moment.

With a melee like a ret or a dk BM can do fine. In a situation liken playing with a dk or a ret where they dont provide too much utility for you or your team and it's mainly up to you to set things up for yourself then your spec choice can just come down to preference. With a rogue warrior or feral I'd say MM is the way to go though

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#107 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

anyone else experienced some of those bugs (are they fixed on beta?)

1. explotrap knockbacks people in kinda unwanted angles

2. post haste doesn't trigger sometimes

Edited by Nogahn, 31 October 2014 - 08:52 AM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#108 Ferym

Ferym
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nazjatar
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1882
  • 3v3: 1904
  • RBG: 1437

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

post haste triggers when u land which is fuckin stupid, another thing thats ridiculous is that they took away scatter (which hunters have had forever) however kept the second talent tier row with wyvern, the aoe fucked up buggy stun and the pet stun which i dont think we even have to talk about, no clue why its actually there... i would've much much rather seen them take the second talent tier row, made it a burst cd row and put cd's for sv, mm and bm in there, sad to see sv only has on use trinket to do any sort of burst which leads to kinda monotone boring gameplay however still more fun than mm because it feels more complete with arcane shot... also dont understand why mages get an aoe stun with two charges that doesnt dr stuns (like charge stun which was removed) that nearly oneshots (i have been 3- hitted by a mage: two novas and an icelance and i couldnt do shit because of the stuns...) atleast mages r shit at 100 and also mages have a 6 second interrupt with the same cd as hunters kick which only lasts 3 sec (lol). dunno what blizzard is thinking oh and also, rets still walk right through my binding shot most of the time, GG blizz, GG and yea Nogahn, noticed the explo thing aswell, putting explo trap behind him and it knocks him in the direction of the trap so stupid and i really shouldnt be complaining about cc cuz my traps at 100 will dr themselves as sv... bm and sv are most fun for me unless im playing thug cleave, havent tried kfc or jungle like dilly pointed out...

#109 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

give scatter back as a talent pls

#110 AltairWoW

AltairWoW
  • Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

give scatter back as a talent pls

This. It's such a complete no-brainer decision to give us that option, especially since binding shot is bugged now and intimidation has been bugged since it was invented.

Incidentally, I was watching Tosan streaming his rogue in some bgs last night, and he was using the fleet meta gem that now stacks with burst of speed and makes him go faster than mounted speed with BoS up. I was wondering if that would be an option for hunters with cheetah aspect (maybe even with the pathfinding glyph for even greater speed). Kiting is the one thing about hunters that they actually buffed it seems, so I was thinking we might as well emphasize that strength. If you go fast enough you can drop traps on healers quite easily I would think. The mastery it offers isn't good for MM though.

Speaking of MM, Tosan was enthusiastic about the spec earlier in WoD but now seems to have soured on it. He said on his stream that he likes casting in theory (makes sense- he plays a lot of mage) but that as MM now you have a lot of situations where you have focus and need the instant damage arcane shot offers and it's just not practical to work in a long aimed shot cast. He seemed to think BM might end up the best of the options, and I know he hates BM. They really need to give survival kill shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<