Warrior prot FC stat priorities?

RBG FC Prot 5.4.8 stat priorities gemming reforging

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Worthless

Worthless
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

So I've been trying to look around for the current stat priorities for prot FCs, but I'm not able to find anything at all from 5.4.x and later. No protection warriors on the ladders, no threads (with answers), no guides, nothing.

So are there any of you out there who knows anything?

#2 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hey man, Prot FCs are dead since the patch about FCs, look the RBG section, only Guardian FCs are viable now. Arms FCs > Prot FCs, thats the problem.

If you wanna play FC for sure, have a druid FC with feral/guardian spec, both are required if you want to rbg as FC.

I don't know if in WoD there will be a return of warriors FCs, i hope so !

#3 Worthless

Worthless
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostHoodzx, on 25 July 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hey man, Prot FCs are dead since the patch about FCs, look the RBG section, only Guardian FCs are viable now. Arms FCs > Prot FCs, thats the problem.

If you wanna play FC for sure, have a druid FC with feral/guardian spec, both are required if you want to rbg as FC.

I don't know if in WoD there will be a return of warriors FCs, i hope so !

So prot doesn't have more survivability than arms? I'm just FC'ing while the guild I'm in get up a stable RBG group - and warrior FC will work completely fine up to 2-2.2k rating. We wont need a guardian before then (some people are quite experienced in the group, with the highest having 2.7k exp). In the meanwhile I just want to be as tanky and as annoying for the other team as possible.

Edit:
Also, I "recently" started playing again. Would you mind elaborating what they did to gut prot FCs?

#4 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Demo locks best flagcarriers
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#5 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostWorthless, on 25 July 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

So prot doesn't have more survivability than arms? I'm just FC'ing while the guild I'm in get up a stable RBG group - and warrior FC will work completely fine up to 2-2.2k rating. We wont need a guardian before then (some people are quite experienced in the group, with the highest having 2.7k exp). In the meanwhile I just want to be as tanky and as annoying for the other team as possible.

Edit:
Also, I "recently" started playing again. Would you mind elaborating what they did to gut prot FCs?

Basicly since mid s13, when you take the flag, you take +20% more dmg as non-tank spec (arms for example), and +50% more dmg as tank spec (protection ^^). Since that patch, arms was better due to having Die by the Sword, while druid guardian is still really good, druid feral too (can get bubble to defend, and dispersion to FC).

This thread might interess you http://us.battle.net...pic/12925722507

I can't find where the last hotfix has been said, but when you take the flag now, you take 50% more dmg, and you get owned really fast if you dont have any help, even under cooldowns. So basicly holypriest is really good again for voidshift / guardian on the flag carrier, since he can die with no stacks.

I think that is all, but you missed the speedcap seasons, the boomys/rdruids/guardians/ferals could speedcap as worgen, or even without this race, the mobility in travel form is crazy, you have much more tools to flag carry.

#6 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1643
  • 3v3: 2508
  • 5v5: 2104
  • RBG: 2476

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Having a prot warrior fc is the same as having a guardian druid out of form, rogues can solo you and you don't really bring any utility apart from skullbanner.

Just play arms Fc with stam gems and hope that guardians get nerfed in pvp in wod.
:)

#7 Worthless

Worthless
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Thank you for your answers guys (although I didn't like them, rip FC'ing). Let's hope others find this thread before they attempt going prot FC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<