• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1523
  • 3v3: 2174
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

So i took a long break from the game. Came back and got my lock geared and gemmed. Went to the ladders and notice everyone either sits at the 29% haste breakpoint or 32% because 'they can't make the next break point for agony'. This is not true.

You can make the 37.51% (by yourself) haste break point as a Blacksmith and 1 piece of PVE gear (gloves) while in arena. Also, if you run with anyone that can provide the +5% haste buff, you can also make the 37.51% breakpoint with ease. Infact, you can make the 35% breakpoint for an extra UA tick by yourself with ease. Another huge benefit with this is when you have Dark soul up. You can actually get an extra +11 ticks on ur agony with dark soul and haste buff (from hunter spore bat, boom kin, ele sham, spriest).

I am making this post just to share my findings and to spark some more conversation on this forum. The best stats I can get as a Lock is:

33,799 spell power
6.66 hit
69% mastery
20% crit
and 33.26% haste

Yes I gave up mastery. It sucks dick for AFF. Test it yourself

#2 Cutebaby

Cutebaby
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Does it really matter when it's so easy to keep dots up all the time? Especially agony which last for like 30 seconds.

#3 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Aoitius, there's generally two mindsets when it comes to breakpoints; you can be like cutebaby and just not care because he is kind of right, with soul swap you can keep your dots up infinitely with soul swap and break points are kind of irrelevnt or actually crunch the numbers. The one that stands out most to me is the 13737 BP which is another tick of Corruption but you cannot get it in s15 gear. I guess you could get the 13157 BP for another agony tick.

As for myself, I am a Tailor/Engineer so I have no way of an extra gem slot and my pve gloves...could be used. I don't want to sound pretentious but stats are not really relevant this expansion as you just tab dot and spam fear while your Mage or Hunter kills something.

#4 Aoutis

Aoutis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

schirminator,

I totally agree. My whole reason for doing this is because it keeps the game interesting. I spent 10k+ gold min maxing with various sets of gear to test different numbers, and it actually makes a difference. For example, try out affliction with 25% crit and a 5% crit buff... your scream lights up like crazy and your damage is nuts.

I also miss nada's posts when he used to provide the number crunching. I have 2 locks and i kept one as JC/Alch and one as JC/BS to test the difference. The one with JC/BS was the lock I did all the manipulation on. It was pretty fascinating. You really only need 65% mastery if you always run with a sham. All the rest can go into crit.

As far as refreshing dots and what not, its not so much about that. Haste affects drains, fear cast, haunt cast, everything. My Haunt cast is the same time as my UA cast with dark soul up. Even getting gate in the opener is easier with that much haste.

I am enjoying the discussion. What other alternatives are their?

#5 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Well, as far as alternatives go, the biggest one would be a mastery build which is completely on the other end of the spectrum - a bad spectrum at that. Haste is best period; faster gcd, faster cast time, etc.

As for professions, I see a lot of Locks going JC/BS but I do not think it's good. I was a huge advocate of that combination in Cata but now it seems like Engineering/Tailoring or Herb is the best. The passive stats just don't do enough to warrant them from being that useful; sure you might hit another breakpoint but the more bursty playstyle of E/T is more fun and it gives you more procs to watch and soul swap dots with.

I played a lot in S12 but stopped until this season and started playing again because I got into PvE. I'm a heroic raider (server first heroic garrosh so I do have a clue about what I'm talking about) and I do break down my DPS a lot. My UA generally does more damage single target which would make UA BPs in PvP considerable but rolling a 10 stack Agony is probably more important. I was wrong, too, the 13737 BP is possible which would increase soul shard generation or you could just settle for the 13157 Agony.

#6 Aoutis

Aoutis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Haste benefits:

1) Drains: ur drains tick faster dealing the 30% and 60% dot dmg faster
2) Haunts: I can spam haunts now sometimes 2-3 in a row. Shard regeneration is crazy
3) Shard Regeneration
4) Extra dot ticks
5) Faster casts on everything
6) GCDs
7) Faster heal ticks i believe
8) Drain life is actually somewhat useful with all this haste if u are low
9) Not trolling: Seed of corruption. If you cast SoC with DS up, then SB dots, then SS dots, you can keep SoC up for the full 20 seconds and it is constantly exploding non stop. It adds really good AFF burst DMG when the opportunity presents itself.

I ran mastery up to 85% self buffed, not worth it. Int and Haste is the best.

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

breakpoints are irrelevant for pvp, they are not a dps increase and only actually worth aiming for with dots that cant have 100% uptime, such as devouring plague

if you like to play with haste, then gem haste. if you like to play with mastery, then gem mastery. an awesome warlock with mastery gems will do far more damage then a shit warlock with haste gems, and vice versa

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haste, warlock, affliction, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<