• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Heyho,

i'm thinking about buying a Razer Naga, if I get one I'll definitely get the one with the 12 buttons so not the hex, but there are still different versions and I wondered if there a differents in quality or any reasons one version would be better or worse then another
So here are the versions I saw with the prices
RZ01-01040100-R3G1 70€

RZ01-00510100-R3G1 100€

RZ01-00280100-R3G1 80€

Another question to the razer mouse owners, did u have problems with ur mousewheel? atm i'm using the roccat kone+ and my wheel is totally fcked up can't bind mw up or mw down :/

greez

#2 Kynox

Kynox
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Boulderfist
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I don't have an answer for the different versions but the first problem with my naga was the mouse wheel. After 2 years it started clicking twice when I clicked it once. And later it started to click up to 5 times. Soon after that the left and right mouse buttons were starting to fail too but I managed to fix them.

Still glad I bought the thing tho.

#3 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

I don't have an answer for the different versions but the first problem with my naga was the mouse wheel. After 2 years it started clicking twice when I clicked it once. And later it started to click up to 5 times. Soon after that the left and right mouse buttons were starting to fail too but I managed to fix them.

Still glad I bought the thing tho.

Yeh 2year life span is really good for a mouse still

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#4 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Razer naga is horrible mouse for its price, really overpriced. I can get a mouse of the same quality for £5 in Tescos. Get a good mouse instead

Edited by redirectlol, 22 July 2014 - 10:32 PM.

cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#5 Dmachine

Dmachine
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 2575
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

I've had my Naga for two years. I think the multiple buttons are easy to and super convenient for mmo's. If you're worried about the durability of razer, I can most definitely vouch for at least a two year life span. Razer's costumer support is also quick and active if you have any problems.

#6 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I've had my Naga for two years. I think the multiple buttons are easy to and super convenient for mmo's. If you're worried about the durability of razer, I can most definitely vouch for at least a two year life span. Razer's costumer support is also quick and active if you have any problems.

JK cable ripped off they won't help. If you actually use your mouse it won't last for more than 4 months. It also randomly stops working for some reason at points.

Torment buddy, don't listen to these duelists. Pay for quality, not brand.
I recommend this mouse:
http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B00BCHGSFQ
Incredible quality, also compare reviews of this to the Naga and your choice will be simple.
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#7 prodigiousv

prodigiousv
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

I believe that owning this razer has made me a better man. Giving it 5-stars, 10/10, calling it "the Cadillac of citizen repression technology": "Whenever I need to breezily inflict discipline on unruly citizens, I know I can trust Razer Technology 1.3% Red Band/1.3% Blue Band Pepper Spray to get the job done! I use it as a 'mini-bar' when the friends and I go out to the bars. I can quickly fix multiple shots of tequila for myself and the friends as we drive from one bar to the next. We also discovered that if you place a pillow on top of it and turn on the cruise control you can catch quick naps on the interstate. Gone are the days of biting off slice-sized chunks of banana and spitting them onto a serving tray…. Next on my wish list: a Razer for dividing frozen water into cube-sized chunks. Just holding the packaging it comes in, I can see distant galaxies and, though you may not believe it, hear what the aliens there are thinking.

#8 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

List of mice without acceleration and prediction
- Microsoft WMO 1.1
- Microsoft IMO 1.1
- Microsoft IME 3.0
- Zowie FK
- Zowie AM
- Zowie EC1 CL
- Zowie EC1 eVo
- Zowie EC2 CL
- Zowie eC2 eVo
- Razer Deathadder 3G
- Razer Deathadder 3.5G
- Razer Deathadder 2013
- Razer Abyssus
- Logitech G400
- Logitech G400s
- Logitech G502
- Steelseries Kana V2
- Steelseries Rival
- Mionix Avoir 7000
- Cooler Master Storm Spawn
- Cooler master Storm Alcor
- Roccat Savu
- Roccat Kone Pure Optical
- Mad Catz R.A.T. 3
- Corsair M45

http://geekhack.org/...p?topic=56240.0

Sensor quality and particularly lack of prediction/tracking is the most important aside from feel. Notably absent is the Naga. If you're going to play FPS especially I'd pass on the Naga. I had one and it was crap even for WoW IMO. The side buttons are not convenient or comfortable to use and in general the mouse feels clunky. It also felt too small but I suppose that stuff will depend on user and grip style. And it felt like cheap, light, crappy plastic.

I use a Logitech G400s currently.

#9 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Razer naga is horrible mouse for its price, really overpriced. I can get a mouse of the same quality for £5 in Tescos. Get a good mouse instead

100% agree, razer naga is sh!t, for mmo purpose you should buy a logitech g600 or a G700s. The logitech software is also way better than razer's synapse.

G600 :

Posted Image

G700s :

Posted Image

If you go for a wired mouse, I strongly recommend you to also buy a mouse bungee like the roccat apuri. It'll give a wireless feeling to your wired mouse :

Posted Image

The only good thing with razer is their 2nd generation of mousepads, they are very good, especially the megasoma 2 soft+hard hybrid mousepad, it's one of the best mousepad out there, review below :

Last thing to know is that mmo mouses are very heavy mouses :

- naga is 135g // 4.76 ounces
- g600 is 133g // 4.69 ounces
- g700s is 152g // 5.36 ounces

Heavy mouses with plenty of buttons are great for mmos but for fps/rts/moba a lighter mouse is preferable. Optionally you could buy a back-up mouse for non-mmos games.

I personally use a logitech wireless G700s to play mmos and a steelseries sensei raw navi with the roccat apuri to play non-mmos games like starcraft or shootmania. It's a very lightweight mouse 90g // 3.17 ounces. Why the sensei raw navi ? Because it has the same rubber grip as the steelseries xai, the xai is considered to have the best rubber grip even better than the sensei raw rubberized but the xai is an old mouse so steelseries doesn't maintain the drivers anymore and there are some bugs. To conclude, even if you don't like the flashy colors of the navi, you should buy it anyways because it's the best sensei out there, trust me, I tried them all :)
Posted Image

Hope this helps,
Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#10 kragga

kragga
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

personally i use logitech g500 and g600, i ve heard razers break too fast,logitech is reliable quality product.

#11 Seath

Seath
  • Members
  • LocationUK, England

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

thinking of upgrading from my logitech G300 but I seem to do well without it, is it really worth it? whats the major advantage other than the extra buttons?

#12 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

I switched from Naga to SteelSeries Sensei (not sure why it's not listed above, but it's freely programable to accelerate or not) about two years ago. The Naga feels so much slower in comparision. I bought if after I saw some SC2 pros play with it and figured that if a mouse works for 400apm macro battles it should work for WoW.

After buying Steel Series once I wouldn't go back. I even have this Steel Series WoW mouse but don't use it except when I want a wireless mouse. It's probably overkill to buy such a mouse for WoW and gold league SC2 three times a year but it's a difference like switching to a mechanical keyboard. To be fair - I did not test a lot of alternatives.

#13 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

400apm >macro< battles
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#14 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

400apm >macro< battles

Yes, that referred to the point when the big armies clash into each other, as I did not want to write an essay about SC2 terminology. I love discussing SC2 and watch Code S currently, but http://www.arenajunk.../110-starcraft/ seems like the better place.

#15 BluBlu

BluBlu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

You should get the new 2014 model, it has mechanical buttons that all the previous Naga's didn't have

#16 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

I switched from Naga to SteelSeries Sensei

Sensei raw > sensei.

Sensei raw is similar to the sensei as it uses the same Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor but there is no lcd screen under the mouse so the raw is lighter and more enjoyable to use. As I said in my previous post, I recommend to pick the navi edition because it has the best rubber grip.

(not sure why it's not listed above, but it's freely programable to accelerate or not) about two years ago.

With laser mouse there is still built-in acceleration that you cannot disable. Even if you disable accel in the steelseries engine, the sensei/sensei raw will still have 4-5% accel but most players will not notice it but If I was a pro player I would switch to an optical mouse with an Avago 3090/3310 sensor like the steelseries kana v2 or the zowie FK1 or the good old IMO 1.1 or 3.0.

Optical mice are superior to laser mice because they are more reliable and precise as they have higher perfect control speeds and higher malfunction speeds. They also don't have built-in accel.

You should get the new 2014 model, it has mechanical buttons that all the previous Naga's didn't have

Yeah but it also has a bigger shape that will not suit everyone's hands. Naga 2012 smaller shape was better imo.

#17 BluBlu

BluBlu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

I actually thought the 2014 model was kind of small when i first opened the box (i used a Logitech G700 before that). I also don't have big hands at all.

I tried that Steelseries "WoW mouse" once, and let me tell you, THAT is a big mouse. I had to send it back because it was just way too big for my hand.

#18 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Sensei raw > sensei.

Sensei raw is similar to the sensei as it uses the same Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor but there is no lcd screen under the mouse so the raw is lighter and more enjoyable to use. As I said in my previous post, I recommend to pick the navi edition because it has the best rubber grip.

With laser mouse there is still built-in acceleration that you cannot disable. Even if you disable accel in the steelseries engine, the sensei/sensei raw will still have 4-5% accel but most players will not notice it but If I was a pro player I would switch to an optical mouse with an Avago 3090/3310 sensor like the steelseries kana v2 or the zowie FK1 or the good old IMO 1.1 or 3.0.

Optical mice are superior to laser mice because they are more reliable and precise as they have higher perfect control speeds and higher malfunction speeds. They also don't have built-in accel.

Yeah but it also has a bigger shape that will not suit everyone's hands. Naga 2012 smaller shape was better imo.

I looked and found out that I actually have the Sensei Raw. Pretty interesting read, thanks for your insights ++rep.

What I dislike about the Kana is that it only has one thumb button. As I strafe with the thumb buttons this mouse would not work for me.

#19 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

I looked and found out that I actually have the Sensei Raw. Pretty interesting read, thanks for your insights ++rep.

What I dislike about the Kana is that it only has one thumb button. As I strafe with the thumb buttons this mouse would not work for me.

Glad I could help :)

Kana v2 is a great mouse for FPS, RTS and MOBA, the only downside is that the lift-off distance is very high but It can be easily solved by using the tape trick :

http://youtu.be/6Oe50hlcfXY

Zowie FK1 uses a better sensor than the kana, has 4 thumb buttons and an ambidextrious shape very similar to the sensei. No high lift off distance issues with this mouse.

The only downside is that this mouse uses sh!tty Huano blue microswitches and not Omron :

Posted Image

Huano microswitches are very hard to press on, I recommend replacing them with omron D2F-01F microswitches.

Here is a tutorial about how replacing a microswitch :

http://youtu.be/MO2izhYxGhk

I think a FK1 modded with omron is currently the best mouse for FPS/RTS/MOBA.

Hope this helps,
Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<