Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

For all classes: a major glyph will get dispells 2charges at the cost of 4extra seconds of cooldown.

Basically: 2charges, 12s cd.

Source: https://twitter.com/...531621460652032

Imho: with the CC change it is a stupid change. If anything will make certain healers even stronger. All in all: usual blizzard fuck up

#2 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

The stubborness to realise that their original dispel system was fine is beyond me.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#3 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Doesn't seem to be as OP as you make it. I'm sure that the charges will regenerate one at a time which makes this kind of bad. If you use both charges within even 10 seconds of each other it will probably net overall less dispels. The argument that less CC makes this glyph good is a decent one but probably not enough to warrant this glyph from being anything but mediocre.

#4 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

I'd much rather go back to RNG dispells
Posted Image

#5 Bawn

Bawn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 856

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

this.
and if you think about it, blizzard always find some change that works with some spell and try to implement it on every goddamn thing, like the whole charges thing, i dont know where it started but I remember the warrior charge having 2 charges, and now theyre giving druid wall 2 charges and dispel 2 charges, and probably many more stuff im not really updated with the patch notes.

I would think this change wouldve been best on mists with the cluster fuck of ccs everywhere, but I dont know how well will it work on wod.

also i wouldnt be surprised if this was completely a pve change and they dont care for shit about how will it affect pvp :3

Edited by Bawn, 20 July 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#6 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

id much rather have the only two classes to have dispel again be priest pala and revert cc more to how it was treated in wrath.
hate that i have to fucking babysit my partners, if i wanted to do that i would have rolled a different healer

#7 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2437
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

id much rather have the only two classes to have dispel again be priest pala and revert cc more to how it was treated in wrath.
hate that i have to fucking babysit my partners, if i wanted to do that i would have rolled a different healer

I hate "LOCKED EM ON RING OF FROST!" "POLYMORPHED!"

And..

"I got your fear"

"jk shadowfury feared again"

#8 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

this is a decent idea but imo they should make baseline dispel cd 4 sec and the glyph make it an 8 sec cd

#9 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

if it went live tomorrow it would be a huge buff to comps like rmx that involve lots of running away and waiting for cooldowns

as any sort of comp that simply trains pve damage into one target the entire game, you will pretty much never ever take this glyph; as people have already pointed out, once you use the initial two charges you end up with a 12 second cd dispel for the rest of the game and pretty much lose the benefit of the glyph completely

and yea, the wotlk dispel system was pretty much the best we have ever had in this game, unfortunately it was also one of the biggest things that allowed awesome players to distinguish themselves from shit players, so in their drive to increase pvp participation, it was pretty much always due to go

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 20 July 2014 - 09:32 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#10 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

I think we need to go back to class only dispells, magic being priest/pally. It was a huge balance thing that made shamans gods for two expansions now. It was never this big of a gap between healers that we see today back in wrath
Posted Image

#11 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Looks like a slight buff to dispels. Unless you're dispelling on CD every 8-12 seconds, this will give you more dispels over the period of the game. Interesting for sure.

This isn't wtf gamebreaking omg blizerd so retarded x heler is guna be so op now!!11, just an interesting change which will make glyph choices more impactful for sure.

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#12 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Lets do the math, this is purely mathematic standpoint; 12 seconds cooldown, 2 charges.. Use 1 charge wait 6 seconds, use second charge, after 6 seconds first charge is up again.. Its technically just -2 seconds cooldown on dispell...
I dont know how i feel about this, being able to dispell cross CC on both your DPS while you're getting trained seems kinda OP

Posted Image

#13 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Lets do the math, this is purely mathematic standpoint; 12 seconds cooldown, 2 charges.. Use 1 charge wait 6 seconds, use second charge, after 6 seconds first charge is up again.. Its technically just -2 seconds cooldown on dispel

Posted Image

#14 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

Oh hello Kettu, since it is you i should not even bother. But i was just trying to put it into perspective. But hey, when is next Kettu Pvp movie?

Posted Image

#15 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

just bring back cata/earlier dispel system :'(

#16 Mindsmoothie

Mindsmoothie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2378
  • 3v3: 2718
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Still preferred old system, but this glyph is way better than what we have now. Watching a mage/lock spam poly and fear on your partners and being able to do nothing about has to be one of the stupidest things about this entire expansion.

#17 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Watching a mage/lock spam poly and fear on your partners and being able to do nothing about has to be one of the stupidest things about this entire expansion.

The old system would not have changed that. I'm still having nightmare of Winter's chill during Wotlk. The old dispel system doesn't promote best players, it promoted lucky players. Because for 2 identical situations, if you dispel the right thing with the first dispel (compared to 4 try for the second), it's not because you are better.

What is the real problem? Spamable (or short CD) cc? Or 8 second dispel? For me : spamable cc.

Offensive dispel should have a CD too.
Posted Image

#18 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

The old system would not have changed that. I'm still having nightmare of Winter's chill during Wotlk. The old dispel system doesn't promote best players, it promoted lucky players. Because for 2 identical situations, if you dispel the right thing with the first dispel (compared to 4 try for the second), it's not because you are better.

What is the real problem? Spamable (or short CD) cc? Or 8 second dispel? For me : spamable cc.

Offensive dispel should have a CD too.

surely giving offensive dispel a cooldown is exactly what you didn't want to promote with the point you made with winters chill? which is just pure luck and promoting 'lucky' players.

you may get a complete trash buff (tidal waves) from a shaman or something amazing such as earth shield, NS or riptide.

i do think things such as purge glyph should be removed as that is completely ridiculous however

the only problem is that this is presumably going to be a major glyph (don't quote me on that not entirely sure) when some classes simply don't have space to lose any of their current glyphs which were previously baseline and have now been made mandatory. yes i'm talking about MD and swd etc

Edited by Elorxo, 20 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#19 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

The point of offensive dispel is only paladin biaised. Because we asked for years to have some dispel protection for our big CD (Sacrifice - 2min / BoP - 5min, even a warlock can purge that.) and the only answer we had was "You have 2 charges now" (Just imagine if your guardian can be purged), and spamable offensive dispel is one of the biggest reason that Hpal are not attractive for arenas (I don't say the class is bad, just not attractive - why take a unstable and ephemeral class when you can have a shaman/druid -.). "If the sacrifice is still here, don't use cd.... use cd now it's gone."

Offensive dispel isn't equal to defensive dispel. Everyone is at the same place for defensive dispel. You remove every debuffs in the same way if you are a paladin, priest, monk or anything else (Ok, perhaps hex dispel is different i admit). It's completly different for off. dispel.

I'm agree with you for the major glyph. It should be a minor glyph.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 20 July 2014 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

The point of offensive dispel is only paladin biaised. Because we asked for years to have some dispel protection for our big CD (Sacrifice - 2min / BoP - 5min, even a warlock can purge that.) and the only answer we had was "You have 2 charges now" (Just imagine if your guardian can be purged), and spamable offensive dispel is one of the biggest reason that Hpal are not attractive for arenas (I don't say the class is bad, just not attractive - why take a unstable and ephemeral class when you can have a shaman/druid -.). "If the sacrifice is still here, don't use cd.... use cd now it's gone."

Offensive dispel isn't equal to defensive dispel. Everyone is at the same place for defensive dispel. You remove every debuffs in the same way if you are a paladin, priest, monk or anything else (Ok, perhaps hex dispel is different i admit). It's completly different for off. dispel.

I'm agree with you for the major glyph. It should be a minor glyph.

i agree with the dispel prot for things such as bop. i don't think purity should really be dispellable either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<