MM BM SU

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hey fellas,

I was trying to read around and see whats best for strictly PvP but I have yet to find a concrete answer. Pretty much, all I would like to do on my new hunter is obviously PvP. I played him a while back when BM was the op spec to be and now it seems that has changed.

My basic question is IS there a default "op" spec or a well rounded spec? I was reading on another forum that all specs for hunters are viable depending on the other teams comp.

With that said, anybody have any links to a default spec (glyphs, stat priority etc...) to what you recommend? I found noxxic and have used it in the past but it seems to me that as things change that site isnt updated.

Thank for the great site guys and (most) of the good advice! Keep up the good work.

#2 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

http://us.battle.net...ius/Tony/simple  pretty standard reforge and marks spec is your most viable option for 2s 3s and 5s, if you enjoy rbgs bgs and are more casual about arena than i suggest you spec survival instead
Posted Image

#3 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

I like arena a lot, and honestly thats all that I really do. I am not very good at it but I try my best. Survival is the one spec I was hoping wasnt suggested just because I have never tried it before. I think I will give MM a shot and see.

Thank you.

#4 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

Oh and add to the question, what is wrong with BM? Not that I dont believe you I just dont know why MM is more viable at the moment.

#5 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

Still looking for a reason why BM is not any good anymore. I saw some videos where people stacked mastery and were having their pets crit for over 100k on people.

#6 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1612
  • 3v3: 1841
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

BM is great 1v1, and probably the best for double dps 2v2s but they lack sustained damage out of cooldowns.

But dont let flavor of the month dictate your decision if you like running around spamming arcane shot and kill command, then go right ahead!

#7 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Lol I guess thats a reasonable explanation. Thanks.

#8 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 19 July 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

http://us.battle.net...ius/Tony/simple  pretty standard reforge and marks spec is your most viable option for 2s 3s and 5s, if you enjoy rbgs bgs and are more casual about arena than i suggest you spec survival instead

Tony should be using haste enchant to gloves instead of mastery if haste build. Also, I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think I'm the only hunter who reforges my haste on bracers to crit because it yields more crit than if you reforged the mastery. Mastery and Haste come pretty close to each other damage wise I believe, so this seems most logical.

My experience with the hunter specs is that it is very dependent on what you are going up against. In twos I like to play surv because dk/war healer combos. However, it is worse against rdruid mage, which BM/MM would be better for. This same logic goes for 3s.

Why is BM not good anymore? Resil is too high and it doesn't hit hard enough consistenty or put out enough smaller damage consistently. It's a poopy version on both spectrum of damage and the other specs excel. I think the same could be said about demo lock. Destro comparable to marks, Affliction comparable to surv. Just my 2 cents.

Dhorothy

#9 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • LocationUAE,Al Ain

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostDhorothy, on 21 July 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Tony should be using haste enchant to gloves instead of mastery if haste build. Also, I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think I'm the only hunter who reforges my haste on bracers to crit because it yields more crit than if you reforged the mastery. Mastery and Haste come pretty close to each other damage wise I believe, so this seems most logical.

My experience with the hunter specs is that it is very dependent on what you are going up against. In twos I like to play surv because dk/war healer combos. However, it is worse against rdruid mage, which BM/MM would be better for. This same logic goes for 3s.

Why is BM not good anymore? Resil is too high and it doesn't hit hard enough consistenty or put out enough smaller damage consistently. It's a poopy version on both spectrum of damage and the other specs excel. I think the same could be said about demo lock. Destro comparable to marks, Affliction comparable to surv. Just my 2 cents.

Dhorothy
what an amazing post by dhorothy

always remember that you're still garbage

#10 Whalecum

Whalecum
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I agree, thank you very much dhorothy

#11 Cempa

Cempa
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1670

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Found this video of 3's BM with two Arms is this a good example or a bad example of BM in arena, looks like they can do damage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<