Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

How's dk in WoD Beta? Someone stream it.


  • Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Defile also doesn't work together with DnD glyph (slow everything inside it).

I might just go with Breath, just because.
Posted Image

#62 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 216
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

This might be dumb... But... After trying this out.. Maybe?

Try chilblains/remorseless/define combo.
3x chains someone in your defile if they're on you, maybe DND glyph (the slow) will apply to defile as well. If it does as Defile spreads it would be like old desecrated ground for our partners to kite through. Use the 3dr chains to get the ticks off so the remorseless can stun without them jumping out.

I'm sea era us

#63 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 216
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

The 10% dang redux+new DS and conversion+blood pres we'll be tanky again, won't we?

#64 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Ya I play Chillblains+Remorseless against some teams on live as well, but the abundance of freedom effects makes it so pointless against nearly everything, and there's still tons of root removals on the beta.

Edited by Forumz, 07 August 2014 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Defile spreads 2.5% per tick and target atm so you would get a spread of 7.5% per tick of the tiny 10yard diameter aoe :>

maybe more if they have pets! yay

#66 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yeah I was extremely underwhelmed by the speed of growth for Defile.

It feels like it doesn't grow at all.
Posted Image

#67 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

It's because they removed the 3 target limit and lowered the spread rate (not that it was high to begin with)

because pve

#68 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 216
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I guess that eats a dick as well.. I still think it may be the best option, but I have little to no info to go on.. No student loan check to buy a beta key haha

#69 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 321
  • Talents:

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Going to buy beta key to try how are dk in WOD myself.

#70 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 216
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Imo our new set bonus blows..

how cool would something like "Dispelling the death knights soul reaper effect resets the cooldown of strangulate" or someshit, some cd. Garg maybe? haha

#71 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

What I really want to test is whether or not it's worth using the death coil shield glyph now that battle fatigue is gone.

The latest change is 40yd range on offensive death coil as well as defensive. Unholy has a perk which increases DC range by 10yds, so you'll have an insane range on healing or doing damage.

Doesn't change the actual problem though x>

Edit: Blood 4pc PvP actually sounds so good... AMS on your entire team...

Edited by Forumz, 09 August 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostForumz, on 09 August 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:


The latest change is 40yd range on offensive death coil as well as defensive. Unholy has a perk which increases DC range by 10yds, so you'll have an insane range on healing or doing damage.


I think they replaced the perk with the Soul Reaper at 45% perk actually and made deathcoil 40y baseline instead, so it's still 40y basically.

#73 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostWertexjk, on 09 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I think they replaced the perk with the Soul Reaper at 45% perk actually and made deathcoil 40y baseline instead, so it's still 40y basically.
Wait, so we have 2 Soul Reaper perks now?

1 for 20% more damage, the other for 45%?

...
Posted Image

#74 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostForumz, on 09 August 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Wait, so we have 2 Soul Reaper perks now?

1 for 20% more damage, the other for 45%?

...

Not sure, can check it later tonight.

#75 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 216
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

The newest notes had a strike-through the damage part.

#76 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 16
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Currently on the beta the soul reaper perk that gave 20% damage is gone and replaced with the one that makes it proc at 45% health. Deathcoil is 40y range at lvl 100 the perk for it is gone.

#77 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1584
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

i kind of like getting away from necrotic strike (reason i stopped dk mostly) and getting back to the spread dmg through diseaes, now just give me some real utility and lower the ungodly amount of trinkets dk have and this class can be fun again.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#78 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

DK on the beta seems pretty legit after the damage buffs and stuff.
Posted Image

The 2nd guy left after figuring out that it's impossible to kill a DK.

So we have no utility or anything, but at least we are immortal and still top damage while healing 24/7.

I don't even need to use Blood Presence at any point, ever.

Edited by Forumz, 10 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image

#79 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1742
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Best stats will probably be haste and multistrike. Crit could be alright but it's basically the same thing as multi except the latter is way more reliable (2 x 20% chance for extra 30% damage or healing vs 1 x 20% chance for 50% extra damage or healing).

Edited by Forumz, 10 August 2014 - 04:22 PM.

Posted Image

#80 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members
  • Posts: 106

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostForumz, on 10 August 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

(2 x 20% chance for extra 30% damage or healing vs 1 x 20% chance for 50% extra damage or healing).
Pvp only gets 1 multistrike chance.




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

<