• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1591
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1927
  • RBG: 1669

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

Hello there AJ community! I'm very new to the forum, but I figured if anyone would be interested in my brainstorming it would be an "arena junkie."

Watching competitive arena has never been exactly easy for me. Vandrak did an amazing job creating Arenalive, but I think the amount of information being displayed cannot realistically be tracked.

Instead of using the 3 health bars for each team I would much rather watch class colored health bars above each character with a team color outline. Then using an addon like platebuff's to display important abilities would make keeping track of cooldowns and things like spell reflects much easier.

The WoW-Twitch community is based around personalities instead of players.
By making these games more enjoyable to watch you can appeal to a much larger demographic and put a spotlight on the players that deserve it.

Obviously this isn't something that would completely fix the competitive aspect of Arena, but I feel it would be a huge start.

#2 topgay

topgay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1316

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

The tournament UI has been the same forever. Those team healthbars allow you to see which spells are used by player as well as showing their buffs/debuffs. You should watch some VoDs and try to track these to improve your in-game awareness if that's your problem.
cheers doomsen
Posted Image

#3 Dmachine

Dmachine
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1591
  • 3v3: 2157
  • 5v5: 1927
  • RBG: 1669

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

View Postredirectlol, on 20 July 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

The tournament UI has been the same forever. Those team healthbars allow you to see which spells are used by player as well as showing their buffs/debuffs. You should watch some VoDs and try to track these to improve your in-game awareness if that's your problem.

It's not my problem. The problem is; WoW Arena is not enjoyable to watch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arenalive, spectating, arena, esport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<