Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 23:41. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Priests in WoD

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Maybe im just retarded, but its hard for me to understand this.. From your information, it sounds as though youre quite literally behind on healing for the entire game. Sounds basically impossible to heal thru the beta TSG overlords. When you say your flash heal hits for ~ 30k, thats baseline right? non crit? If a TSG is smashing 100ks into you, it would be physically impossible to keep your team up with ~30k heals.. You would be oom in a matter of seconds, unless they have reduced mana costs of spells by a huge amount. GIVE ME A BETA INVITE BLIZZ. lol

I agree with you. We fought one TSG that instantly shat on us, but in general people are still trying out stuff and so on, most of the times you fight morons that is easily outhealed, making PvP beta testing really weird right now. It is impossible to tell if you got shat on because you actually fought good players or if they are carried by class.

Edited by ottishen, 17 July 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#22 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Frost uses Necrotic Strike on live as well though, so it does change how they function.

But yeah, if Warriors and DKs are hitting 100ks while everyone is healing for 30k non crits, that sounds like it's not balanced at all. It wouldn't be possible to heal that damage.

Exactly what im thinking.. No way this will make it to live.. Also, if their mobility is the same as it is currently.. lol...lol.....lol...lol...
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#23 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

100k is with every cooldown popped aswell, so it is not like they are doing consistent 100k hits. I am unsure how much they do with no cooldowns popped, you'd have to ask a Warrior or DK.

#24 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

I agree with you. We fought one TSG that instantly shat on us, but in general people are still trying out stuff and so on, most of the times you fight morons that is easily outhealed, making PvP beta testing really weird right now. It is impossible to tell if you got shat on because you actually fought good players or if they are carried by class.

Well, regardless of whether or not theyre good or getting carried by class.. That damage is too much.. Even if a GOOD player is playing the class, those classes hsouldtn have that kind of damage.. That wouls literally mean, no matter what you do youre going to lose. CCing them would only be delaying the inevitable at that point. haha

Edit: In regards to your most recent post, Damage modifiers no longer exist right? So it means even with CDs popped, theyre not hitting for A LOT more than they would without cds.. or am i misinformed?

Edited by Clamnesia, 17 July 2014 - 03:12 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#25 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ok duelled a warrior, and to clarify, it is MS that hits for high amounts. In between, warrior damage is not close to those numbers, giving you time to heal up in between. I would assume that the same thing is true for DKs.

Also Interesting to note that Holy Fire hits for as much as a Frost Bomb Crit (18k) in Chakra: Chastise, so priest damage may very well be real. I have no problem killing non-hybrid classes in duels atm through their self healing if that is any indication.

#26 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Edit: In regards to your most recent post, Damage modifiers no longer exist right? So it means even with CDs popped, theyre not hitting for A LOT more than they would without cds.. or am i misinformed?

There are still -some- damage modifiers. Frost DKs still have Pillar of Frost, which increases their strength by 20%. Avatar still exists, which increases damage by a flat 20%, and they can still stack Recklessness with that, so you can do pretty insane damage.

For comparison, on live, I can hit ~120k Obliterate on leather without cooldowns (high end). With Pillar of Frost, that goes up to ~150k. It's not an incredible increase but it's noticeable. I reckon it's the same on the beta.

Ok duelled a warrior, and to clarify, it is MS that hits for high amounts. In between, warrior damage is not close to those numbers, giving you time to heal up in between. I would assume that the same thing is true for DKs.

A Warrior buddy of mine tells me he can charge>SD proc Execute>Execute - dead

Example (not by buddy but same thing) - http://www.twitch.tv/smoove3/c/4677971

Edited by Forumz, 17 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Also Interesting to note that Holy Fire hits for as much as a Frost Bomb Crit (18k) in Chakra: Chastise, so priest damage may very well be real. I have no problem killing non-hybrid classes in duels atm through their self healing if that is any indication.

OMG, that would be so nice! I so dearly miss the playstyle of priest from BC and wrath.. I used to love kiting 5 nerds around wintergrasp and eventually killing them all with SW:P and holy fire / smite and penance.. teehee.

Its a good thing.. I remember a time when you could actually win a duel as a disc priest versus any dps class, which imo is how it should be.. a healer SHOULDNT get wrecked by a single dps.. I mean its a healer FFS. A healer SHOULD be able to eventually win a duel against any dps class. We shouldnt be able to blow people up, by any means, but definitely should be able to score a 1v1 kill within a few mins.

Edited by Clamnesia, 17 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#28 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

A Warrior buddy of mine tells me he can charge>SD proc Execute>Execute - dead

Example (not by buddy but same thing) - http://www.twitch.tv/smoove3/c/4677971

Oh wow...
That has yet to happen to me, I did not know that warriors were that dumb on the beta :o

#29 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Glyph of the Inquisitor
Major Glyph
Your Holy Fire deals 25% additional damage, but 20% of that damage is also dealt back to you.

So basically, the SW:D glyph also increases the damage dealt by Holy Fire. It is kind of cool that you can choose to use it as a cc breaker or a fairly large chunk of instant damage.

#30 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

Update on priest damage: did a pure dps race against a mage with no heals, no interrupts or anything. Got him to 10% before I died. While I take less damage than he does, it is still an indication that priest damage might be back :)

#31 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Update on priest damage: did a pure dps race against a mage with no heals, no interrupts or anything. Got him to 10% before I died. While I take less damage than he does, it is still an indication that priest damage might be back :)

Yay we can wing cross kill 2s games!! haha

#32 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

so, to summarize our off topic conversation, warriors and DKs are maybe a little overtuned during CDs.. and warriors can proc you to death with sudden death <--- I guess the name is accurate. haha Im sure this will be fixed.. the things that are blatantly over tunes usually dont make it to live.

I sure hope they do something with disc so that it is competitive as a t1 healer.. I dislike Holy game play... Its just not the same priest game play.. Disc was beat into priests for so many seasons that it just doesnt feel right HAVING to play holy after growing to love disc all of these years.. I mean, its like turning the tables and making warriors play Fury in arena, or mages play Arcane to be viable in t1 game play.

If i wanted to play Direct healing power house, id roll an Hpal. haha

Being able to pop a shield on someone and focus on Damage or dispelling for a few globals was what made disc and priest in general, fun. Take away Guise, feather, roots, psyfiend, and give our shield strength back, and 25 second CD fear, and id be the happiest lil priest on the planet. It sucks that ICONIC priest spells such as PoM and renew have to be nerfed and reworked because blizzard made the mistake of making EVERYTHING in this game instant and TOO STRONG. I wish Blizz would just wipe the slate and begin new around Wotlk and balance and tweak everythign from that point.. So they dont keep making and having to fix mistakes. In every expansion, Blizz does something new, thinking it will be what works, then it doesnt work, and they have to change the WHOLE system again.

Examples: giving melee too much damage and incredible mobility which produced OP instant cast heals and damage from casters, changing pvp resil to baseline and adding pvp power which made SOO many conflicts between pvp and pve players and arenas / bgs and the open world.. Adding too many spells that all basically do the same shit, which made them have to do an ability overhaul and get rid of shit. All i see is with every expansion, blizzard does something thinking it will be great when in reality it fucks everything up and they have to scrap it and develop something else..

MAKE A SEPARATE SERVER OR SOME KIND OF THING THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO BALANCE PVP SEPARATELY FROM PVE, FFS! IT WOULD MAKE YOUR LIVES AND OUR SO MUCH EASIER.
I mean really... There has already been a Tournament realm introduced by blizzard for years now. ( you know, the one that decides Blizzcon participants) Why not just use that permanently as the PVP side of the game?

Edited by Clamnesia, 17 July 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#33 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

the only problem would be the 10s chakra change. I think that's gonna be pretty huge and swapping chakras is hardly going to be worth it since chastise DR's with a lot of things and you are really gimped in healing for the next 10 seconds after you use it.

Forgot to adress this earlier.
With the change to chakras, we are actually not so gimped in Chastise anymore. We lose HW:S, but none of the other heals are affected by it, meaning that most of our healing will remain the same, no matter the stance we are in.
Also, there used to be a PvP set bonus that reduced the cd of chakra stances, there might still be one in WoD.

#34 doublejump

doublejump
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 5v5: 960
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

priest fear DRing with everything will fuck cc chains up, landing a triple fear might be a bad thing rather than a good thing

GUYS GUYS GUYS IM RUNNING IN I GOT A FEAR OFF THAT!!! Oh wait Tremor... OK OK OK Guys I got another full fear off that!!! Aw shit nimble, OK GUYS GUYS GUYS I SWEAR I HAVE A FULL FEAR! Fuck nevermind... Will. OK OK OK NOW THIS FEAR IS FULL!!! Shit he has tremor back up omg... OK OK OK NOW I HAVE A FULL FEAR ITS FULL KILL KILL Oh whoops... prep tremor... Damnit, I got a full fear this time!!! Oh... he trinketed it... next one should be full... FULL FEAR!!! He has nimble back up WTF.

#35 Narthypoo

Narthypoo

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

As someone who main'd a Disc for a long time and had to put it aside since I absolutely cannot stand Holy, I really, really hope they bring back some semblance of the offensive play style Disc used to enjoy. Disc needs a lot more than what I've seen and heard from the Beta (been playing since Pre-BWL Vanilla and still haven't been in a Beta - THANKS BLIZZARD). The biggest issues I see are really problems with other classes that the DR change will further exacerbate.

1. There are too many Fear breakers in the game total. It's so painful on live to q without a Tremor, and albeit that the DR change might make it less painful - we're still the only healer without some sort of baseline CC.
2. We need some sort of dispel protection, we used to have it in the form of covering buffs, but that's gone to the wayside.
3. We need offensive pressure back - they took double offensive dispel from Disc, gave it to Shaman and then nerfed the glyph. I don't think double offensive dispel belongs in the game in the current meta but Disc just doesn't have any interesting or offensive differentiation from the other healers that used to make the spec so fucking fun. Granted, it sounds like we're getting some offensive capability back in the form of damage (and I love that the Holy Fire glyph double dips for utility) but we're still going to be spamming a main school spell to assist burst.

I agree with Recov, just get rid of all the extraneous shit that we never needed to succeed before. Dump Guise, get rid of Feathers, and give us a big ass shield that's tough to dispel and some offensive damage. Make our CC count a bit more. I'd be totally okay with that.

#36 Syia

Syia
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I played a few hours of Shadow Priest last night. The beta is pretty buggy; you can chain 8+ mind blasts together. Psychic Horror lasts too long (8s with 3 orbs). Healing is completely baked into Devouring Plague. The class felt strange with PW:S, Flash Heal, and Devouring Plague being the only heals worth casting. As Narthy said, sticking a fear with the increased cooldown feels impossible at times. Psyfiend helped mitigate this on live. Fear should be baseline and stay at 30s cd. Vampiric Embrace was gutted.

The good: Getting 3 shadow orbs from Mind Blast glyph helps Shadow immensely in the opener. Having an extra 2 orbs is a strange choice, but orbs are plentiful and it helps create double devouring plague or devouring plague + psychic horror combos. The game plays a little slower, which helps Shadow not get gutted in the opener in 2s.

We'll have to wait and see on more balancing to see where Shadow Priest goes. The damage is crazy good right now and the off-healing is powerful (but feels clumsy spamming Flash Heal). Yet, it feels like once Psychic Horror and MB bug are balanced/fixed, Priests are going to really feel how weak their CC is.

#37 xhealinatee

xhealinatee
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Haven't been following WoD news. Do healing specs do damage again? '-'
Posted Image

#38 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

I agree with Recov, just get rid of all the extraneous shit that we never needed to succeed before. Dump Guise, get rid of Feathers, and give us a big ass shield that's tough to dispel and some offensive damage. Make our CC count a bit more. I'd be totally okay with that.

basically this

i've been playing a lot of AT cata and enjoying it so much more than live right now purely cos i can play disc and the playstyle is way more fun than holy

#39 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Would this be a good change?
Make tremor totem only break 1 fear (the closest feared target?). Not the whole party's fears. This way it'll be less of a counter to the aoe fears, but still be as useful against single target fears (warlocks).

tremor would probably still be too good though :P
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#40 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

basically this

i've been playing a lot of AT cata and enjoying it so much more than live right now purely cos i can play disc and the playstyle is way more fun than holy

if you find cata priest enjoyable eventho it sucked then you will love wotlk playstyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users