• Curse Sites
Help

Rsham vs rdruid healer in godcomp (mage spriest)

Godcomp shatterplay mage spriest

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fandalor

Fandalor
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1796
  • 3v3: 2073
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

I have been playing shatterplay with a rshaman and having decent success so far playing it. However I see a lot of rdruids in this comp instead.

What are the pros & cons to both healers in this setup?
Do either variation work better vs certain comps? Or is rsham godcomp unplayable at higher mmr.

I'd like your guys opinion on the matter, and why a certain healer is better overall.

I've mostly played with an rsham this season, and rdruids obs are a good choice as well, im not too familiar with how I play with one this season.

Cheers

#2 DjBenx

DjBenx

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

More cc with a resto druid.

I also feel that resto druids are better against melee comps whereas shamans are better against wizards.

#3 bbbradddd

bbbradddd
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2265
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Basically when a Resto Druid plays with a Mage, they're better than Shaman's. Then when they don't play with a Mage, Shaman's are better.

#4 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Shaman shatter cant lose to wizards, druid cant lose to anything :)

#5 Fandalor

Fandalor
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostDjBenx, on 16 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

More cc with a resto druid.

I also feel that resto druids are better against melee comps whereas shamans are better against wizard

View Postjaimex, on 16 July 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Shaman shatter cant lose to wizards, druid cant lose to anything :)

It's funny, because I feel I can play more aggressivly with an rsham (even  against meleecleaves) than I can with a rdruid (allthough that might be that I havent really played with good rdruids, and I have a quite decent rsham atm)

Currently we have had no problems againt melee cleaves, so shaman might do the job as good as a rdruid afaik.
I appretiate the input, keep it coming!

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Regardless of which healer spec is "better" for the comp, you will almost always be more successful with an awesome resto shaman/holy paladin then with a mediocre resto druid, and vice versa, so if you feel that the resto shaman you are playing with at the moment is doing well, I would recommend sticking with him rather then ditching him for the first Druid you find in tradechat

Shamans are also by far the easiest healers to play with at lower ratings, so if you are new to the comp and want to get some good practice in then again, recommend to stick with what you have :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#7 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Regardless of which healer spec is "better" for the comp, you will almost always be more successful with an awesome resto shaman/holy paladin then with a mediocre resto druid, and vice versa, so if you feel that the resto shaman you are playing with at the moment is doing well, I would recommend sticking with him rather then ditching him for the first Druid you find in tradechat

Shamans are also by far the easiest healers to play with at lower ratings, so if you are new to the comp and want to get some good practice in then again, recommend to stick with what you have :)

You queued pala shatter like few days ago? I think you served dick to us.
Posted Image

#8 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • 2v2: 2217
  • 3v3: 2673
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Pro's:

Restodruid version:
- More cc == Longer cc chains
- Druid instead of shaman, meaning you counter kittycleave with your eyes closed.
- Druid instead of shaman, meaning you can cc the shit out of the warrior in a KFC comp
- Restodruid can break their own cc if needed (when spriest is cross cc-d)

Shaman version
- More damage because of the mastery totem and stormlash (is it noticeable? yes it is), you kill stuff in a deep and a blanket or silence on the healer with all procs (faster then godcomp does)
- You should do better versus LSD or other spellcleaves
- Tremor

Con's:

Restodruid version:
- Allmost none, it's a bit harder to beat spellcleaves (but seriously doable) then with a restoshaman

Resto shaman version:
- Kittycleave counter
- KFC can be a bit harder because of the uptime of the warrior

TL;DR, Restodruid version is more superior but restoshaman can be good/better against spellcleaves.

#9 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

View Postwatchmepwn, on 16 July 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Resto shaman version:
- Kittycleave counter
- KFC can be a bit harder because of the uptime of the warrior

I find RMX pretty difficult aswell.
Posted Image

#10 Fandalor

Fandalor
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostRaak, on 16 July 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I find RMX pretty difficult aswell.

RMX is definitely a concern, as me & the spriest have to CC both dps at the same time to stop our sham from popping cds. We did beat a 2.4k rmd last time we played, so it seems doable

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Obv asking "which comp is better" is not easy to answer, as there is so much to consider. I just wanted some input on the differences, which I have gotten, and I'm quite satisfied with what I've read.
I can imagine rshamans are easier to play with. I do have experience with godcomp up to around 2k mmr, but that was a long time ago, and not having too much time on my hands to play wow, makes it seem that rsham isn't a bad choice at all.

Regarding rshams are better vs wizards, and rdruids are stronger vs melee cleaves (as far as I understand) seems like the key difference. Atm we have only lost to 1 kfc (which was my fault entirely) the rest however (monk tsg, more kfc, jungle) seem to flop once we survive the burst, making it an easy matchup.
I am only playing on 2.2k mmr atm, so cleaves might get more difficult the higher we get. Guess I'll have to see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<