• Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

Okay so, the way I understand it, WoD healing is gonna be a lot like this:

1. put beacons + sacred shield on both teammates
2. stand behind pillar and spamheal myself like a mongo (maybe put one beacon on myself to conserve mana)
3. jump out to cast prism/shock when off cooldown, then go back to doing 2.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT

I know it prolly ain't gonna be exactly like this ,but it seems like an awful viable way to play against caster cleaves and the like. :)
Posted Image

#62 Juther

Juther
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Like Tbc, when u will " Oper your wings" , you should be able to pressure really hard with Holy Shock/Denounce, seems a nice add to me.

Fears is on DR with Cyclone, is enough for my happiness :D

#63 melignent

melignent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

we lose PVP fear :(

also, wtf is multistrikes?

Edited by melignent, 15 October 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#64 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yes, say goodbye to our lovely fear :(

Multistrike is a new secondary attribute introduced in Warlords of Draenor. It provides a chance for spells and abilities to fire up to two additional times (Only one time for PvP), at 30% effectiveness (both damage and healing)

Sacred shield is affected by Multistrike, Crit, and Haste. If you are lucky, you can have a "huge" shield.

http://wowpedia.org/Multistrike

In my opinion, double beacon will be like Hand of Purity, something usefull against specific teams (like dotcleave for example.), if they exist, of course.

I can't play without Beacon of Light glyph :x
It's maybe a mistake, but after more than a year with that, it's hard to change :D

(I want to see the new model of my draeneiiiii - i'm at work -)

Edited by Jim_Jim, 15 October 2014 - 08:30 AM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#65 Savalibar

Savalibar
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2046
  • 3v3: 2211
  • 5v5: 1991
  • RBG: 2227
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

So, its sacred shield looking more viable than casted eternal flame?

#66 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Ret boyz :duckers:

#67 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostSavalibar, on 15 October 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

So, its sacred shield looking more viable than casted eternal flame?

Eternal Flame heal for nothing in the beta. But the HoT himself is not affected by the number of holy power you spent on it. It's just the duration. 10s/20s/30s. Considering it's still easily dispellable and that you need 18s (Without haste and without spending ton of mana with Holy Radiance) to have 3 holy power, it's not a good choice of talent.
And it's a cast.

Perhaps for RBG, or against Dotcleave...?

I think Sacred shield will be better in arena.
And Sacred Shield is something reliable during cc. More than the MoP version where Battle Fatigue destroyed it, when it was not affected by crit, and when EF was instant and was a "good" HoT.
Posted Image   Posted Image

#68 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

I did a bunch of 2s skirmishes last night, and I have to say I'm sort of relieved. Yes health is insanely spiky, but we don't have large health pools yet. Hpal gameplay itself is pretty good.

The biggest surprise is that I felt just as mobile. Sacred Shield replaced Eternal Flame, an instant replacing an instant, so what mobility did I actually lose, coming from that playstyle? If we go oom quickly at 100 and have to cast Holy Light without a proc, yes that would be a painful mobility loss, but that seems unlikely. It still feels great. Can still escape with Freedom/Sprint and heal up easily, for example.

I can see holy paladins being gods in 2s. Beacons up on both players, for a flat 10% healing increase all the time (WoD perk). Sacred shields up on both players too. Avenging Wrath plus a Sacrifice basically negates double DPS teams... 100% increased healing for 20 sec feels like a very long time. Would be wise to save a Sac and your trinket for that period... people like to CC you when they see wings. We're also getting Enhanced Holy Shock as a WoD perk:

"Your Holy Light and Flash of Light have a 10% chance to cause your next Holy Shock to not trigger a cooldown."

There is some dumbness to the new holy power situation, and that's been covered, but there are some pros too. I'm suddenly realizing that the old playstyle was maybe too dependent on building holy power, to the point of doing weird things to accomplish that. This feels more pure somehow, less clunky.

Although when you actually get to 3-5 holy power it's quite anticlimactic. The thing it builds up to is one normal-feeling efficient heal. The only thing holy power accomplishes is minor mana efficiency, which of course in 6.0.2 is meaningless.

So we will only be using Holy Light with the proc, right? Why would you ever risk such a long cast time unless you're really oom? (And Glyph of FoL further devalues a regular Holy Light.) No long casts actually feels like a buff right now, though. A quality of life improvement, unless you enjoy praying against interrupts or relying on Devotion Aura.

Likewise, Word of Glory doesn't make sense right now. It's maybe even less useful that Holy Light, because (according to Wowhead) it heals for less than HL and FoL. I was going to say okay maybe only use it on proc, but then you still have holy power to use up. Enhanced Holy Shock further devalues WoG.

I can't see them leaving this holy power situation where it is. It feels like an accident, having so many redundant spells that 2 of them are borderline pointless, plus a whole secondary resource system that is borderline pointless. Fix that, and I think we'd be very happy.

#69 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2305
  • 3v3: 2755
  • 5v5: 2288
  • RBG: 2066

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostJim_Jim, on 15 October 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Eternal Flame heal for nothing in the beta. But the HoT himself is not affected by the number of holy power you spent on it. It's just the duration. 10s/20s/30s. Considering it's still easily dispellable and that you need 18s (Without haste and without spending ton of mana with Holy Radiance) to have 3 holy power, it's not a good choice of talent.
And it's a cast.

Perhaps for RBG, or against Dotcleave...?

I think Sacred shield will be better in arena.
And Sacred Shield is something reliable during cc. More than the MoP version where Battle Fatigue destroyed it, when it was not affected by crit, and when EF was instant and was a "good" HoT.
i think they took away healing power from all hots
wild growth has a cast now and hea's for like 1k a tick, rejuv and lifebloom are incredibly weak too

#70 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

My tooltips are showing:

Holy Light6983 — 0.827 sec with proc
Flash of Light6981— 1.24 sec
Word of Glory7388 — 1.24 sec

WoG is better than FoL... 5.8% better. Strange choice, assuming it's not a bug.

#71 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Did some skirmishes yesterday. Game totally broken, with sudden uncontrollable dmg/healing spikes, but otherwise mechanics seem fine. I just maintain sacred shield everywhere. Mana regen totally out of control, I'm literally back to 100% mana if I stop spamming flash of light for a few seconds. :D
Posted Image

#72 Juther

Juther
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostGigana, on 16 October 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Did some skirmishes yesterday. Game totally broken, with sudden uncontrollable dmg/healing spikes, but otherwise mechanics seem fine. I just maintain sacred shield everywhere. Mana regen totally out of control, I'm literally back to 100% mana if I stop spamming flash of light for a few seconds. :D

On beta with l100 premade char the mana reagen was the same.

Tonight they debuffed all damage in PVP by 25% to make the game more viable , btw at lvl 90 right now we are all like some sort of twink, so im not to worry about the present situation.

I love DimReturn right now! :D

Sacred shield is really strong too. As said above i do not feel to much "static turret" then MoP.

We have had also an Hidden buff, Haste is now the same for meele/ranged/magic so our Holy Shock and Judgment cd are also lowered.

Let's hope for the set bonuses fixes for the new season.

Ps: @JimJim , no way, i cant play without Glyph of BoL , too! :)

#73 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Haha yeah, I noticed the dmg decrease. Today, while doing dailies as retri, I soloed a hunter + spriest, both better geared than me, and spriest even rezzed halfway through the fight so I kinda killed him twice. They nuked me as hard as they could, but they couldn't outdmg the instant flash of light heal which kept topping me 20-100% every time. :D

Game so funny now.
Posted Image

#74 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

So, WoG, Flash of Light, and Holy Light are all the same now except for mana cost? What's even the point of having a slow heal in the game if it's going to heal the same as the fast one, lol?

Anyway, playing holy in random BGs tonight, and oh man, I feel so helpless when I get trained by players who are even remotely good at combining their interrupts. :[
Posted Image

#75 fonekcef

fonekcef
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Wod heals more than fol and hl (even with the fol glyph) and costs no mana so it's always a good idea to cast it over anything else ; but it doesn't make a major difference like it did before. Holy Power isn't as important for holy paladins as it is for ret and prot paladins. Mana remains a non issue for hpaladins at 100 thanks to beacon returning %40 mana.

Basically the only problem hpaladins might be facing besides being vulnerable to cc is falling behind on healing. Holy prism is alright but outside of that there isn't a lot of burst healing options for hpaladins at 100 besides popping cds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<