• Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

I remember Prot in WotLK (I was Hpal back then).. good players could control them during their divine plea and oom them very quickly, Was a pretty interesting mechanic actually. Made prot viable for the average player but sort of shut them down vs good players.

Not supporting double healer return though.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#42 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

News:

Some talents are now exclusive use.

Hand of Freedom cannot be glyphed with Liberator and vice versa
Burden of Guilt cannot be glyphed with Double Jeopardy/Judgement and vice versa.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#43 Shammygirl

Shammygirl
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 09 July 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

No Prot yet. Will do eventually, but seems like tank is stupid broken - and tanks on PVP is a bad idea if you ask me. Big exploits comming.

When they fix some bugs and is stable I'll test and post here...

i'm sorry, did you just say that prot is a bad idea? i thought you wanted all specs to be viable, judging from your signature?

game would be much better if every class had one viable spec.. way easier to balance

#44 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostShammygirl, on 10 July 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

i'm sorry, did you just say that prot is a bad idea? i thought you wanted all specs to be viable, judging from your signature?

game would be much better if every class had one viable spec.. way easier to balance

Do you mean literally? Like say only Resto for sham is viable and not ele or enh?  Or only Hpal and not Ret? Or only feral and not rdruid or boomkin?

Or do you mean like ignore blood dk prot war arcane mage etc.?

Edited by Avengelyne, 10 July 2014 - 01:49 PM.

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#45 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2246
  • 3v3: 2532

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

obvious to anyone with a brain, but obviously not obvious to all the people who play random specs and demand that they have the tools of every other class :)

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#46 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

I think that if there is a class/spec/character to play the game, he must be competitive.

But I also think that Tanks have no place in the Arena. They do in RBGs, but for Arenas, they'll just turtle the game with current design.

On the other hand, Blizz is trying to make it viable. They already have damage to compete with DPS, lets say 10% to 20% lower and the intention is to make survivability only 10% to 20% higher (my expectation).

But they're just opening the game for exploit. Given Blizz habiltiy to balance the game, they'll make Tanks overpowered or useless. Overpowered most likely. It's like, they can't juggle 26 apples, and want to get 5 more.

IMO, they should AT LEAST make sure one spec is viable for DPS/Heal for every class.

But look at Ret for example. They can't make Ret nothing else besides a nerfed 2 Handed Burst Holy Paladin that's not viable for RBGs and hardly for Arenas - and they'll invest time/effort to bring Prot to the table.

We'll be bored as fuck with Blood DKs swarming 2s, not to mention they are already taking action to make the game pace slower.

So, without even knowing how the balance will work out, we can especulate this about PVP. That's my point.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#47 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'd hate it if every class had only one spec. Hell, that's why I quit my lock in season 3. It was spec SL/SL or fuck off, and I hated playing that boring crap.

The best thing about WoW is that it's designed to be simultaneously fun and casual AND to offer serious competition if one so desires. It's like, an all-in-one game. Boxing anyone who wants to try and push ratings into a single spec would suck balls + it probably wouldn't work and we'd either have a bunch of homogenized stuff (even more so than now) and some stuff would still be overpowered anyway because Blizz can't balance that.

Just look at starcraft 2, they got only 3 races and they still have 1-2 tactics per matchup that are seen in like 99% of the games. B O R I N G

I think it's actually a lot better when they try to make a bunch of viable specs and every class ends up having at least one OP spec. That way everyone can have someplace to be awesome at. :]

EDIT: POssibly my favorite gameplay change in WoD is that gear changes the mainstat depending on what spec you are. No more spending half the season in crap retri gear because I had to spend all my conquest on holy gear for RBGs. xD
Posted Image

#48 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Word of Glory is buggy. Only 7-8k heals with three Holy Power -.- .

But Sancity Aura works!

Rouges are a bit...op...cant slow them, their heal+speedbuff is up all the time...damge income is...maybe ok.
And finally WoG is buggy, as i mentioned in my first line ^.^; .

Not fun actual :( .

#49 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostGigana, on 10 July 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

I'd hate it if every class had only one spec. Hell, that's why I quit my lock in season 3. It was spec SL/SL or fuck off, and I hated playing that boring crap.

The best thing about WoW is that it's designed to be simultaneously fun and casual AND to offer serious competition if one so desires. It's like, an all-in-one game. Boxing anyone who wants to try and push ratings into a single spec would suck balls + it probably wouldn't work and we'd either have a bunch of homogenized stuff (even more so than now) and some stuff would still be overpowered anyway because Blizz can't balance that.

Just look at starcraft 2, they got only 3 races and they still have 1-2 tactics per matchup that are seen in like 99% of the games. B O R I N G

I think it's actually a lot better when they try to make a bunch of viable specs and every class ends up having at least one OP spec. That way everyone can have someplace to be awesome at. :]

EDIT: POssibly my favorite gameplay change in WoD is that gear changes the mainstat depending on what spec you are. No more spending half the season in crap retri gear because I had to spend all my conquest on holy gear for RBGs. xD

As much as I agree that only 1 spec/build would suck - that's not far of how it is today. Or acually, is worse, you can't even play DPS in some classes and others have even 2 DPS specs to choose.

How many specs play high end arena today? 10? 3 specs of healers and 7 specs of DPS? What about the rest?

I agree that to have only 1 DPS/Healing spec per Class would suck, but we don't even have that.

It's much more realistic that they get to "lets make 1 DPS spec of every class good for high end competition" - but no. Locks are stupid OP with Afflic AND Destro and Paladins have only Ret that don't get even close.

For them, balance is not a priority. As they said they know it's broken but they can't nerf because of guilds raid progression. Really. REALLY. And they can't buff others to get to the same level because it would be OP. Equality and Justice are just names of spells on the game, they don't understand the meaning of it.

So it's better that every class have 1 option than some having none and some having more than one or being OP. That's my point.
Posted Image

#50 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

So, to get back on track, does the hand of freedom cc reduction only work on yourself or can you use it on teammates as well to halve their remaining cc durations?

Edited by Forumz, 11 July 2014 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Dahjy

Dahjy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 2206
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

After playing wotlk ret forever wod ret just seems so bland wish they give are random burst back when we use to have SoC and refreshing seals after judgement.  And holy power is boring imo
Twitch.tv/Dahjy  WW monk / Ret arena/rbgs

#52 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostDahjy, on 11 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

After playing wotlk ret forever wod ret just seems so bland wish they give are random burst back when we use to have SoC and refreshing seals after judgement.  And holy power is boring imo
Idk man, I think random can be fun, but it can also be really gamebreaking (think current game ele chainprocs for example, or even Ret bursting and critting everything).
Posted Image

#53 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostDahjy, on 11 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

You refer to seal twisting (Soj stun). It's much requested hence the empowered seals talent.

Ret in early WotLK was pretty silly, judgement never missed so with seal of blood/martyr it was by far the biggest hitter so Rets wouldn't even go for hit, just mongo strength. If you were lucky enough and got betrayer of humanity early season you literally killed anything in a HoJ.

One this I do miss a portion of wings negating defenses, even though i played holy back then. it was cool mechanic to use wings to counter shield wall or dispersion. Though seemingly disgustingly overpowered from another classes PoV.. or how vindication murdered everyone's stats.

#54 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 11 July 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

For them, balance is not a priority. As they said they know it's broken but they can't nerf because of guilds raid progression.
This is precisely why you want them to try and make every spec viable for pvp, including prot specs. It drastically increases our chances of having at least one good/fun spec per class. Also, I don't care how strong a spec is, if it's a pain in the ass to play (hello SL/SL in season 3 & 4) I don't want to have anything to do with it. Therefore, in a game like WoW which we know will never be balanced and will always have broken comps and classes, it's better to have more specs.

As for the current balance situation, as far as I can see, only paladins and DKs are in arena shitland right now, everyone else has awesome comps (with wizards ruling at top lvl, ofc).

On topic, what's this thing with some talents not being allowed to use with certain glyphs? O.o
Posted Image

#55 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

Glyph of Hand of Freedom:
Hand of Freedom immediately reduces the remaining duration of all effects which cause loss of control of a character by 25%. Any additional loss of control effects applied within 4 sec sec are have 25% reduced duration.

Glyph of Liberator:
Hand of Freedom's cooldown is reduced by 5 sec when not cast on self.

They can't be used at the same time. So if you have one, the other will be disabled. Same with Burden of Guild and Double Jeopardy.

And Hand of Freedom works on everybody, not just yourself. So it's pretty mandatory.

I'm usung Glyph of Templar's, Hand of Freedom and the last is situational, mostly BoG, WoG or Divine Prot.
Posted Image

#56 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/1/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2202
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

I miss wotlk ret so much ;-;
Posted Image

#57 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

They can't be used at the same time. So if you have one, the other will be disabled. Same with Burden of Guild and Double Jeopardy.

That was already in the Alpha ;) .

First Thought: Damn!
Sec. Thought: Ok not do bad, because no one can make an ability too strong. Think about it, if we could use both Hand of Freedom Glyphes^^. Or all judgement Glyphes.

So it's ok.

#58 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'm usung Glyph of Templar's,....

I don't use this Glyphe anymore. Even on Live.
If i'm trained, i have no time to use TV oder FV. Need all HP for Heals.

#59 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 12 July 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I don't use this Glyphe anymore. Even on Live.
If i'm trained, i have no time to use TV oder FV. Need all HP for Heals.

TV glyph also procs from exorcism, It's a mandatory glyph on live because we don't have any passive damage mitigation like blood presence or defensive stance.

Posted Image

Regards.

Posted Image

#60 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

Sure, but if you wanna get away from your enemy, we use judgement (and generate holypower too), and heal with Word of Glory. I could have a procc after WoG and ignore Exo.
If you're not playing with DP, than this Glyphe is mandatory.
I'm always forcing Proccs, so, overall, i've much more HP to spend for Heal or Damage.
So this Glyphe is not manadatory for me.

That this Glyphe is still really good :)
But nor for my Playstyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<