• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#221 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostAvengelyne, on 26 August 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Human is overrated tbh. Can we change this discussion to how Dwarves can dispel silences from themselves via stoneform in WoD? It's a little insane.
wow

edit: i tested stoneform and it removes silences, triggers UA, no longer removes wyvern. imo it shouldn't remove wyvern or silences, but maybe shouldn't trigger UA

Edited by Hofflerand, 29 August 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#222 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2448
  • 3v3: 3009
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Glad to see someone as outraged as me. It is going to ruin my dreams of Ret/Dk. ESPECIALLY since there are a lot of people going alliance.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

View Postgravyrainbow, on 08 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#223 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Goddamit Avangelyne... you're almost 3k bro... keep it up ô_ô

Holy will keep Devotion, if Dwarves remove silence - it'll be a nice counter for Priests. But I don't see why this affects Ret/DK. I see Ret/DK/Priest rocking the world on WoD. And the possibiltiy of some triple DPS fun...
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#224 odin021

odin021

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I just wanted to touch on the subject of orc vs. human. All the arguments here are completely negating the 2k secondary stat that the pvp trinket provides in addition to the 650 pvp power. Overall human still adds more "raw" damage, but those secondary stats are extremely useful. Not to mention for a healer like resto shammy.

EMFH should be changed however, because it's a really boring racial. Either that, or make it baseline for every race and remove pvp trinket, and add a new racial to Human. In WoD, the disparity is a lot smaller, and we will 100% see more gnomes with the buff to EA, and Dwarves with the buff to  SF.

Relating to Ret pally - I love it's current interation. It feels meaty, DP/FV/EDS is extremely fun and rewarding, it makes ret a lot more viable in cleave situations. Self healing is way better without feeling gratuitous due to the mana change, Sac off GCD and reduced CD is very powerful, and the complaint of Ret being less sustained/stronger burst is cleared up a lot by those new mechanics. Sustained is very good simmed w/ DP/FV/EDS. Seal of justice being actually useful is a huge QoL improvement for ret. 4Pc w/ WoG glyph (should be buffed to 8s IMO) is very nice and builds interesting gameplay, though it is more HA-ccentric. HoF glyph is MASSIVE and will be a very welcome addition to any team, unfortunately making this glyph mandatory for paladins.

Ret/feral/priest, Vanguards, Cupid, Ret/Mage/Druid-priest-shammy, Ret/ele/MW, and ret/rogue/x will all be viable and varying degrees of strong. Ret/Lock looks like a tossup at the moment because Lock just feels... unfinished atm. It feels weird in the new meta.

Overall, WoD looks very promising for Ret, and while we will not be OP out of the gate, we will see a much better representation than previous seasons.

My only current complaints - Clemency is mandatory, not optional. The base CD of the hands should be reduced, So that clemency can be reworked, as I also see Clemency being too OP in their current kit as of the latest build. Perhaps allow Clemency to reduce the cooldown on hands, like the old US did for DS an DP, per holy power spent. This promotes a more aggressive play style, rewarded well. FoJ should be made baseline, but without the added stun duration, just the shorter CD, because losing it for Blinding light is all too unattractive in Arena for the majority of comps Ret plays, especially with new DR categories. (can't speak for RBG). Our 2pc may be a bit too much in conjunction with the HoF glyph, as well, but that remains to be seen as I haven't had the opportunity to test it much in 3's.

Lastly - To those saying they dislike FV/TV feeling "weaker" than other finishing moves, remember how powerful HA is, and how Haste-ccentric Ret is. A Ret has (imo) never been intended to be a brute force fighter, instead wielding the light to enhance their abilities. I've always felt that a Ret is a very lithe fighter who prefers an onslaught of blows and magic than slow concentrated blows. I think it fits their play style very well and it's difficult to say how powerful Ret would become if they buffed our finishers much more than where they're at.

- Blodgarhm-Darkspear

#225 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 29 August 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Goddamit Avangelyne... you're almost 3k bro... keep it up ô_ô

Holy will keep Devotion, if Dwarves remove silence - it'll be a nice counter for Priests. But I don't see why this affects Ret/DK. I see Ret/DK/Priest rocking the world on WoD. And the possibiltiy of some triple DPS fun...

Ret/Frost DK will be taking chillblains, so i'm planning on doing a strang/hoj and disc silence/hoj combo every 30 sec

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#226 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Battle Fatigue might be back in WoD. Oh boy.

https://twitter.com/...532541822980096
Posted Image

#227 odin021

odin021

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

Ugh that's gross, they better not. It will nerf classes unnecessarily, and druids and spriests will still heal way too much.

#228 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

They and We are still debating about that.
BF is the Hybridkiller - as seen in MoP.
Even with a small amount...it's a Hybridkiller, though :(

#229 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 03 September 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

BF is the Hybridkiller - as seen in MoP.
Yeah, them shadow priests, ele shamans, boomkin druids, and ww monks sure are dead specs.
Posted Image

#230 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

BF is not exactly hybrid killer.

Is: whoever have the survivability tied to healing, killer.

Ret survivability is a lot balanced arround WoG/FoL because we have it avaliable without a CD, so this weight a lot on balance. We got hit -> we heal.

Others have different ways to keep alive. That does not depend on healing. Some depend on mitigation CDs that reduce damage taken. Others depend on mobility like portal/teleport/intervene/leap/burst of speed/vanish, etc, when you get out of range and wait for the heals. Those same does rely on peels/CC to get people stop hitting you.

So it's OBVIOUS where BF (and Dampening for that matter) hits.

Specs that are designed to rely on self healing to survive get fcked up by healing nerfs while others get buffed by it.

Zaul explained this on Blizz forum. It's really clear and simple.

I rather DPS healing being removed and survivability re-balanced than this.

Clear enough?
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#231 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Nice to see so much Ret feedback. I will be streaming Beta tonight if anyone is interested

Twitch.tv/Avengtv

Will start with Ret/DK and eventually get a healer for 3s

#232 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

If Crono would just play Horde, we could play Triple-Ret :D

Zaul does really much!
We are 4-5 Rets who are active on Twitter with Holinka and Celestalon.

#233 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 03 September 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Zaul does really much!

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 03 September 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Zaul does really much!

Definetely ;D

But I'm getting married this friday, so I have almost no time to log in =P
Posted Image

#234 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

congrats, crono!

#235 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostHofflerand, on 04 September 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

congrats, crono!

Thanks bro! I'm going to NY for my honeymoon, so I'll be away for a while, but try to keep up at least here and on twitter ;D

Add me on btag just so we can chat too - Crono#1929 whoever want

---

They just announced they're nerfing tanks and Plate DPS will take the hit too.

Armor value from gear and Divine Protection.

I'm discussing this with Celestalon on twitter... OK for PVE but "will test" for PVP. So we'll have to get hard into this.

Not to mention all the Battle Fatigue (AND Dampening) that puts us under the gun.

On top of everything we would like to see, like a meaning for baseline seals or removal because of bloat, HotR not need a target, RBG utility, EmpS Insight to 2%, and so on...
Posted Image

#236 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1810
  • 3v3: 2396
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 03 September 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

[size=4]

Definetely ;D

But I'm getting married this friday, so I have almost no time to log in =P

Congratulations friend

#237 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

married

Another one, who does this fault...just kidding ;) .

Gratualtioné! :D

Crono#1929

So sad that EU-US cannot add each other :/ .

#238 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 04 September 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Another one, who does this fault...just kidding ;) .

Gratualtioné! :D

So sad that EU-US cannot add each other :/ .

Thanks guys ;D

She's the one who made me get serious into WoW so, no worries about that at least ;P

And can't we add at least on Beta servers? Crono on LVL 100 PVP and Crono or Cronø on Nemesis anyway =P Have a Cronø on Darkspear too (yes, all Ret PVP)... wanted to play but I already got my bags packed... should be back in about two weeks.
Posted Image

#239 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Congrats Crono! You should name at least one child after a WoW character! :D

Off-topic question. About the transmoggable enchants. How is the 2200 enchant gonna work? Do you need to buy and have one so you can "load" it into the transmoggable enchants, or?
Posted Image

#240 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

Another one, who does this fault

She's the one who made me get serious into WoW so

My statement wasn't in relation to WoW :) .

In some local areas here, people say to the new husband: "Another one, who dies a fault".
The "a" means the Marriage :) .

It isn't meant serious, don't worry^^.

You're - future - wife brought you to WoW, or just being so "serious" about it? :)

And can't we add at least on Beta servers?

Sure we can, it did it 30min ago :) .
I also got Zaul in Beta.

wanted to play but I already got my bags packed

It's still your decision :D

About the transmoggable enchants. How is the 2200 enchant gonna work? Do you need to buy and have one so you can "load" it into the transmoggable enchants, or?

As far as i know, you need to buy it and need the 2,2k rating but buy it. It should be a stand-alone enchant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<