Help

Ret on Beta

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#21 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

To be honest I would prefer it for only one to be relevant. As much as i'd like good self heals, imagine the other team has a few brain cells and they realize you're not selfless healer so they plug the numbers in the equation and decide to kill your partner instead and since you cannot off heal as well.

Selfless Healer is still the best choice for ret paladins.
It's the same thing like on live, nothing changed here - sadly.

#22 Thazable

Thazable
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2868
  • 5v5: 1893

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the answers so far.

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 07 July 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's not possible, you gain a buff that doesn't stack. Even if this would work, you would be silly, du use it this way ;) .

Could work w/ cancelaura + reapplying maybe? Ofc it would be a waste to do that all the time, not even sure if that would ever make sense besides maybe tryharding to keep trinket. :D Just curious tho.
Posted Image

#23 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I can try it later, i'm going to bed now :D .

Ich versuchs später mal, geh nun pennen :D .

#24 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:07 AM

Hi,

I have a little question, while playing with the empowered seals talent is it possible to stack seal of truth ap buff with seal of insight healing buff ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Regards.

Posted Image

#25 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • 2v2: 1556
  • 3v3: 1734
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

Thanks Animefreak =D

Pasting what I got so far:

------Life----Dif%-----Crit----Mast----ExoCD
MoP---564k----100%-----31,43---35,49---12,2s
--------------43%---------------------------
WoD---248k----43,79%---14,43---33,10---14,3s

------Life----Dif%----ExoD---Judg-----Auto-----CS----Hand----FoL---WoG----TV
MoP---564k----100%---19,0k---21,0k---10,0k---10,0k---4,5k----46k---48k---24k
---------------43%----8,7k----9,0k----4,3k----4,3k---1,9k----20k---20k---10k
WoD---248k-----43%----6,3k----7,5k----6,0k----6,5k---2,1k----19k---20k---10k
---------------------(-38%)-(-20%)---(+30%)--(+44%)-(+10%)--(-5%)--(0%)--(0%)

MoP = Live 5.4, Full Conquest Gear, with Inq up and Might
WoD = Beta 6.0, Full Conquest Gear, with Might
The middle line, is how much it suposed to be if only the squish were applied. (MoP/100*43)

Life = Health Pool
Dif% = The % difference between both servers (so the squish is should make all numbers be 43% of the original)
Crit, Mast = Obvious, strait from character panel
Exo CD = Obvious too, just so we know how much slower ou rotation will be (15%)
ExoD = Damage of Exo
Judge, Auto Attack, CS, Hand of Light, FoL, WoG, TV = the respective damage of each

Still, with EmpSeals we're near indestructible on duels because of insight healing + justice kite.

Overall, our damage is WEAK and healing STRONG. Must be fixed soon, and seriously.

Other info:

- Can cast 4 to 5 FoL on sequence.

-Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame can multistrike, please describe the mechanism.
SS cannot Multistrike, EF can.

-Youtube lots of duels
Made a video, gonna take some time to upload/etc. So as soon as possible.

-In comparison to ret paladins current capability of healing, do we heal more or less?
Without EmpSeals, just a little more than on live but with Insight EmpS, we’re indestructible.

-Do you think it is possible to outheal some dps as long as they don't have CD's up?
Yeah, with EmpSeals.

-Do eternal flame or sacred shield look any good?
Not enough. SS is absorving 10k of 250k healthpool and EF ticking for 1k.

-If you freedom yourself two times in a row while sitting any CC, will the duration be reduced by both freedoms or just by the first?
It’s really, not a stackable but all CCs with it active are reduced.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#26 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

View Postglonglon, on 08 July 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Hi,

I have a little question, while playing with the empowered seals talent is it possible to stack seal of truth ap buff with seal of insight healing buff ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Regards.

Yup. DoT + Attack Speed + Healing + Movement Speed if you spend 90% of the time swapping. Everything stacks.

But, swaps take GCDs and overwhelm your mind. So, use wisely ;D
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#27 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for your reply :)

Posted Image

#28 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

while playing with the empowered seals talent is it possible to stack seal of truth ap buff with seal of insight healing buff ?

You can have all four buffs up, but it's not that easy in PvE. In PvP it's quite impossible.

Still, with EmpSeals we're near indestructible on duels because of insight healing + justice kite.

That is actually the way it goes - sadly.

-Youtube lots of duels

Check my Youtube and Twitch Channel^^.

http://www.youtube.c...er/Animefreak3K

http://www.twitch.tv/drownlord/profile

#29 DjBenx

DjBenx

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Would be interesting to know if rets still have GoAK? Also is it still an untargetable NPC that can't be peel'd? That's something that would be great to see.

#30 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Would be interesting to know if rets still have GoAK?

No, it's gone for us.
Damagepush is only possible through AV, Glyhe "Word of Glory" and 4pc PvP-Set bonus. Goes up from 100% to >140% if everything is up.

#31 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 08 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

No, it's gone for us.
Damagepush is only possible through AV, Glyhe "Word of Glory" and 4pc PvP-Set bonus. Goes up from 100% to >140% if everything is up.

Add Crøno ;D

I'll miss Guardian...

And if you look at the numbers I gave you, you'll see that our melee damage (auto attack, CS) is higher and our ranged damage (Exo, judge) is lower.

Our damage SHOULD be about the same, but most of us on beta agree it's REALLY LOW. We just can't kill someone and if we're not with EmpSeals, we get killed eventualy. I think our baseline survivabiltiy should go like 5% up, with EmpSeals Insight 5% down and overall damage about 10% up at least.

Interesting fact, Blizz is nerfing Ret ranged to buff melee...

Anyway, they keep saying Ret is only getting number tweeks and if done right, we'll be OK - except for RBGs of course.
Posted Image

#32 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Add Crøno ;D

I'm Horde :D
But i added you on an alliance char^^.

And if you look at the numbers I gave you, you'll see that our melee damage (auto attack, CS) is higher and our ranged damage (Exo, judge) is lower.

I think it's because of the scalings the changed (14AP = 1 damage, etc.)
Everythink scales with our mainstat, which it strength. And the missing 30% holydamage.

Exo and Judgment's damage is ok, crusader strike was buffed from 50% weapondamage to 120%. CS is again useful.
I would appreciate, if our seals would be useful (in damage). Nevermind, seals arent that useful, as they were before Cata.
They used to be something.
Seal of Justice, Seal of Righousness really needs to do much more damage. Seal of Truth just needs to do a bit more damage.

Ret is ok, others thinkgs needed to be tuned down.

#33 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, with that in mind I can't help but think that if they buff Seal of Justice right, it could be our seal of choice for at least half of the time, because our melee is so important for our damage and people have so many speed bursts/etc.

Righteousness should be DELETED. Who wants to swap seal and swap back, just to hit a button that needs a target (HotR) - the only sweet button we press for AoE is Divine Storm.

Truth for DoT,
Justice for snare/mobility and
Insight for healing/survivability

I think Empowered Seals with some tweeks did it right. Seals should last for 30s and/or (maybe) proc on Swap not on Judge.

And they could remove baseline seals and buff overall damage/healing/mobility for all we care - we hardly have time to swap seals and it's not worth the GCD 95% of the time, like you said.
Posted Image

#34 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I've done three Videos to show the lvl100 Talents:

https://www.youtube....ZdhXveU79Iz1UZy

Yeah, with that in mind I can't help but think that if they buff Seal of Justice right, it could be our seal of choice for at least half of the time, because our melee is so important for our damage and people have so many speed bursts/etc

Aawww come on, Seal of Truth and Censure together does so much more damage, than SoJ does. Censure is still a DoT, which can Multistrike. SoJ up to 20% again would be totally ok. Truth will always be the best choise - for damage.

#35 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Righteousness should be DELETED.

I LOVE AOE DAMAGE AS A RET! :D

Buff it to 10%, and it will be ok^^.

I think Empowered Seals with some tweeks did it right. Seals should last for 30s and/or (maybe) proc on Swap not on Judge.

Sounds like "back to the roots!" ;) .

#36 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostAnimefreak3K, on 08 July 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

I LOVE AOE DAMAGE AS A RET! :D

Buff it to 10%, and it will be ok^^.

Sounds like "back to the roots!" ;) .

Can't look up here at work, but I'll see at home...

Truth should give about 5% more damage than Justice, more or less. So Justice is the right choice against kiting/movement and Truth is for when the target isn't going anywhere far away.

For both to compete, the benefict of KNOWING you'll stick to the target should make up for the less damage. So, maybe buff Justice to like 30% damage and it becomes a option. Not mandatory, but good enough to stick to it situationaly.

And really, spread the buff from Seal of Righteousness over the other AoE spells, remove the target requirement from Hammer of the Righteous, make it only generate Holy Power when hit a target, and we're golden.
Posted Image

#37 iuremax

iuremax
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 08 July 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yeah, with that in mind I can't help but think that if they buff Seal of Justice right, it could be our seal of choice for at least half of the time, because our melee is so important for our damage and people have so many speed bursts/etc.

Yeah, but only if you haven't a slow on your team. Anyways, with burden's guilt glyph I don't have much problem with uptime(live) and FV is 10 yards range(but I will stick with ES prolly).
Looks like sacred shield can crit and multstrike now. Maybe its better for self-defense now and selfless better for utility, depending on tuning.

#38 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

On a related note, have you guys tried playing prot?

I hear Blizz wants to make prot viable for PvP, so I'm wondering if someone gave it a try.
Posted Image

#39 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostGigana, on 09 July 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

On a related note, have you guys tried playing prot?

I hear Blizz wants to make prot viable for PvP, so I'm wondering if someone gave it a try.

No Prot yet. Will do eventually, but seems like tank is stupid broken - and tanks on PVP is a bad idea if you ask me. Big exploits comming.

When they fix some bugs and is stable I'll test and post here...
Posted Image

#40 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

WoW balance has always been broken. What I do care about is having another spec to play for PvP, and prot seems to have potential to be pretty fun if they make it like in WotLK (average dmg, high survival, high disruption ability).
Posted Image

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

<