Ret on Beta

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#101 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Sure it's possible, most Rets are playing with Holy Avenger, which only allows you to burst heal for a few seconds. That's all.
Play with enough haste and Divine Purpose, and you'll be able to heal alot. Without doing damage, of course.

Dont' forget, that be buff ret gain, if they kill a target that grants XP or Honor, increases your flash of light by a, of course, too damn high amount.

After the Priest Pet has been killed by him, he can easily heal someone from 20% to 100%. Buggy, of course.
Killing Treants are counting too.

Multistrike, crit also helps him. I don't know his Glyphes - there's also a way to push Healings above the sky, since battle fatituge only decreases critical Heals.

#102 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Celestalon:

Hybrids and pures will do the same damage, and bring the same utility. That's the goal for Warlords.

#103 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Celestalon:

"FV changed because the rest of the row offered AoE damage increases, and this one didn't. For pure AoE, DS will still win."

They really listend to Rets (just a few are active on Twitter, more Rets are ingame)
Ans i'm one of them :D .

#104 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Servers are back, and down^^.

#105 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Servers are shutting down, got enough time to made a short clip.
I'll upload it till the next hour.

Clip is up: https://www.youtube....VZAkiTc3Kmk7BNw

#106 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Seraphim clip is up: https://www.youtube....h?v=AXq4fqPc4-U

Final Verdict seems to be buggy, the hole damage is splitted between the targets. On every seal.

#107 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

The 2pc PvP-Setbonus and the Glyphe "Hand of Freedom" are not additive!

an 8 sec. Sheep last 3 sec.

#108 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1997
  • 3v3: 2187
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

So how does retri look like in terms of RBG? You guys think there's a chance we might be viable there?
Posted Image

#109 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Sure, why not?

If the (next) change for Final Verdict goes live with the next patch, then definitly.

#110 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

My main concern is that our lack of that one unique ability (death grip, sunbeam, mortal strike, smoke bomb, vampiric touch, UA, etc.) will ultimately end up making us bad compared to other dps classes.

(you can see a similar thing with enh shamans and ferals right now in RBG, they do good dmg but just lack that one button that would make a team want to pick them)
Posted Image

#111 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Final Verdict stays this way, and if it will buff (Celestalon) Divine Storm do do 100% more damage and has a 100% increased range, we have a huge potential, not only for cleave.

#112 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'd say EmpSeals makes a better utility for RBG... of course, it's FAR from what Ret needs but it gives mobility and survivabiltiy that are the reason Ret takes a NEGATIVE rate on RBGs. So with that solved, Ret could be at least not a burden for the team. Not an asset, but not a burden either.

Of course, after all those years complaining and arguing for a Ret RBG utility weekly on twitter I'm past fed up about this issue. Still...

FV only brings damage, and that could be OK for PVE, but for PVP nature, EmpSeals should be better because the speed boost from LAtL + Justice EmpS = WIN not to mention Insight EmpS. Really. It's NICE.

FV could be good for RBGs if your only concern is damage so you jump in the middle and cleave 'em all.

PS: Mekka server (PVP lvl 100) isn't global? I don't think we can do US/EU =P
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#113 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1764
  • 3v3: 1742
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

The 4 piece PVP buff don't stack.

And I didn't mention this here I think... but 4 Piece gives us 9% more damage/healing for 3 HoPo spend. Glyph of WoG gives more 9% more damage/healing for every 3 HoPo WoG used.

So you AW, then WoG with Glyph and PVP Gear = 38% more damage/healing for the next 6 secs, then 29% for the next 3 secs, then the next 11 secs you can WoG again for another 9 secs of glory.

Not sure how the gameplay will work out... and the mechanical cost to do this is... complicated at least. But when you see the buffs up and damage... is just sweet guys.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#114 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

I feel like our defensive CD's are still falling quite far behind compared to other classes. I mean like every other hybrid, and even some pure classes like DK's can heal for exactly, if not more, than us. On top of that they also have more cc/defensive tools.

DK's litterally also parry 50% of your attacks at this iLvl. It's just going to be higher % as we get more gear.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 29 July 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#115 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

Unless the AOE dmg from Final Verdict turns out to be something truly impressive, I still can't see retri being particularly good in RBGs. Not necessarily bad, either, but just not good enough to be taken over another class at high ratings (basically, like ferals, enhancements, etc. are right now).

Which sucks, because with holy potentially being everybody's locomotive in WoD, we just might end up without a RBG spec. :(
Posted Image

#116 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

V only brings damage, and that could be OK for PVE, but for PVP nature, EmpSeals should be better because the speed boost from LAtL + Justice EmpS = WIN not to mention Insight EmpS. Really. It's NICE.

Most heal in Beta are too stong. Percentual Healings are all too strong, because there is no battle fatigute, which would lower their heal (like on live). Emp. Seals is only strong because of it's heal.

FV would be the best choice, but the heal from Emp.Seals is too strong.

FV could be good for RBGs if your only concern is damage so you jump in the middle and cleave 'em all.

It's pure, very high damage. It's ok for everything :) .
You can always pressure your target.

PS: Mekka server (PVP lvl 100) isn't global?

It is global, but i think you play on the alliance side, right? :)

#117 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

The 4 piece PVP buff don't stack.

What do you mean? It stacks up to 10% more Damage and Healing.

And I didn't mention this here I think

But i did, in a video :) .

You forgot versatilty, it count's too.

is just sweet guys.

Sweet? It's awesome! :D
I'll make another Video, with more %damage tomorrow :D

parry

It's still annoying! Not so like on live, but annoying!

Unless the AOE dmg from Final Verdict turns out to be something truly impressive, I still can't see retri being particularly good in RBGs.

It Final Verdict will increase damage and range from Divine Storm by 100% (Celestalon), it will do heavy aoe.

#118 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I don't see why would you bring a ret to cleave though, you lose so much single target pressure unlike Warriors and DK's who barely lose any on cleaving. That's still a huge issue you guys forget. Diseases and D&D is easily applied to everyone, Bladestorm and Bleeding w/e is also pretty easily applied in a grip. Ret's won't have a dot on Divine Storm and our single target pressure will be down then.

#119 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

I don't see why would you bring a ret to cleave though, you lose so much single target pressure unlike Warriors and DK's who barely lose any on cleaving. That's still a huge issue you guys forget. Diseases and D&D is easily applied to everyone, Bladestorm and Bleeding w/e is also pretty easily applied in a grip. Ret's won't have a dot on Divine Storm and our single target pressure will be down then.

Tuningprocess hasn't started yet....

#120 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

It has nothing to do about the tuning process. It's the way we deal damage. We either chose between cleaving or single target pressure. We also don't have any dots we can spread when we use your cooldowns, that means we have to keep cleaving and rely on others to score a kill. Warriors and DK's are good because they are able to spread aoe pressure while still sticking on their target. We won't have that luxury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<