• US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

Lol Rokzilla.
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8893 -> Cheap rocket boots
vs
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51581 -> Rocket Boots Xtreme

I said in the title that it is in 2.4.3 which IS the PTR not live. I put the pics back up and I will put one more up as proof.

Posted Image

Someone mentioned the Path of Illidan on my combat log. Anyone keeping up with blue posts knows they unlocked the TCG rewards for PTR.
" As a bit of extra fun for this PTR session, we will be allowing players the chance to redeem some of the new UpperDeck loot cards. We encourage any players on the PTR to visit Landro Longshot in Booty Bay to redeem the following items:

* Path of Illidan – Code 1111
* Disco Ball – Code 2222
* Ethereal companion - Code 3333"

Edited by Bruisr, 28 June 2008 - 04:41 AM.

#42 Fexy

Fexy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

dont post screens showing bad/no keybinds on AJ, setting yourself up for a bashing.

#43 Kokoro

Kokoro
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

wait, so does it do dmg anymore or not? i can live with 10-15% backfire.

#44 Pobzy

Pobzy
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonmaw
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

dont post screens showing bad/no keybinds on AJ, setting yourself up for a bashing.

I think he said that was the PTR, you need to setup binds separately there, I really doubt he would set it up like that.

#45 Sciurus

Sciurus
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

This is stupid. Why do they feel the need to "fix" things with random rng bullshit. Why not just nerf them outright, or take away the damage component only.

How about WotF has a 20% chance of backfiring and causing you to attack your teammates and scream "Braaaiinnnnsssss" uncontrollably. Or you have a random chance of accidentally staring into the sun with perception up, causing your screen to flash bang out for 30 seconds instead.

Racials, Class Balance, and PvE gear is still broken this late into the game, and they nerf rocket boots of all things (which anyone can get relatively easily) by adding an rng failure component to it. Because arenas totally need more rng, sigh.
"You just have to be a true baller and the gamer groupies flock to you."~Elendril
http://freemegatf.ytmnd.com/

#46 Gaidren

Gaidren
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

I don't think the loss of the dmg at the end will bother me much personally, since I can shift out of poly anyways and I was never good at using them to avoid Blind in the first place.

If 10% is the true new backfire rate, I'm sticking with them. If it's 15%, I'll have to think about it....and if it's 20%+, they are done.

#47 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

ARE THEY REALLY HITTING LOCKS WITH THE FUCKING NERF BAT... AGAIN?

DOES IT NOT GET OLD TO THEM?

HOW MANY MORE STATS DO I HAVE TO GIVE UP FOR A LITTLE CHANCE AT ESCAPING MELEE FOR A SPLIT SECOND...

/endrant

#48 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

Okay, really though. Calm, composed...

I'm already giving up 100 spell dmg and 100 stamina, among other things such as 50+ resil, for a little mobility and some extra survivability.

The backfire chance on the belt isn't really so bad because, well, when I use it, I'm usually about to die anyway.

Rocket boots, on the other hand, I often blow fairly early in the game in 2v2, usually to set myself up in position for free reign on the dps target and some freedom from melee.

A backfire that early in the game would be entirely gamebreaking.

Double dps is already vulnerable enough to RNG, and being the biggest arena target class, the one with a pet that is a liability and absolutely no escape....well, this might be where I throw in the towel on the lock.

Rolling into WotLK with Gladiator over my head is starting to look pretty bleak. At least I'll have a nether drake =[

#49 Bunbohue

Bunbohue
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

Okay, really though. Calm, composed...

I'm already giving up 100 spell dmg and 100 stamina, among other things such as 50+ resil, for a little mobility and some extra survivability.

The backfire chance on the belt isn't really so bad because, well, when I use it, I'm usually about to die anyway.

Rocket boots, on the other hand, I often blow fairly early in the game in 2v2, usually to set myself up in position for free reign on the dps target and some freedom from melee.

A backfire that early in the game would be entirely gamebreaking.

Double dps is already vulnerable enough to RNG, and being the biggest arena target class, the one with a pet that is a liability and absolutely no escape....well, this might be where I throw in the towel on the lock.

Rolling into WotLK with Gladiator over my head is starting to look pretty bleak. At least I'll have a nether drake =[

I fully agree. I've had it on my hunter for a little bit, and I just got them on my priest a week ago. RNG is one of the worst things about arena, just make the backfire do more damage 100% of the time or something. You might as well give Stormherald a 15% chance to stun the user instead.

How many times have you lost a game due to triple mace stun improved hamstring from a warrior, and a double cyclone resist? Did that S-key allstar really beat you?

True you might say it's not skill that a priest rocket boot feared you, but he is giving up a great amount of stats, not to mention the chance to get an extra 40 healing from being an enchanter (well, I guess there's gonna be that one hardcore guy with both) but losing those stats, for a few seconds once every 5 minutes, downgrading to a low item level, with small backfire damage, even with all those drawbacks I still feel it gave us an advantage in games where it was used (and I didn't immedietely get intercepted, piercing howl, shadowstep shiv'd).

I'd have to respectfully disagree with Faction though. Yes, I'll openly admit it gave me an advantage in many games, however, by making this change, it's my opinion that the extremely high chance of backfire, and the severity of it, along with the loss of stats, it will no longer be worth using in any situation, and I don't feel that's a fair change to engineers. I'm not saying I want enchanting or blacksmithing to be nerfed, but it seems blizz is sending the message that everyone who wants to arena seriously should be an enchanter.

Edited by Bunbohue, 28 June 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#50 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

I really don't mind any class using this but a shadowpriest, because with shadowpriests it is a "hahahha fuck you, I win every time" thing.

Maybe they should give classes that need it mobility rather than offering huge mobility on an item anyone can use. :(

#51 Gaidren

Gaidren
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

it's my opinion that the extremely high chance of backfire...

Would you call 10% "extremely high"? I'm not saying that's what the backfire rate is, but early data suggests that it might be that. (2 backfires out of 23 reported uses)

I think that RNG in arena is annoying as hell, don't get me wrong. It's the reason I socket for +hit when I'm running as full resto and not restokin (CC resists ftl). You have to admit though it is probably the easiest way they have of balancing an item like rocket boots short of taking them out of arena completely and flipping engineers the finger. Toning down the power of the speed boost to a perfectly "balanced" point would be nearly impossible....but most of us would agree that a 3% backfire rate would be trivial and a 25% one devastating so logically there is a sweet spot somewhere in the middle where using the boots becomes "just worth it".

#52 Woodhous

Woodhous
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

finally

wish I lived in the uk

#53 Bunbohue

Bunbohue
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

Would you call 10% "extremely high"? I'm not saying that's what the backfire rate is, but early data suggests that it might be that. (2 backfires out of 23 reported uses)

I think that RNG in arena is annoying as hell, don't get me wrong. It's the reason I socket for +hit when I'm running as full resto and not restokin (CC resists ftl). You have to admit though it is probably the easiest way they have of balancing an item like rocket boots short of taking them out of arena completely and flipping engineers the finger. Toning down the power of the speed boost to a perfectly "balanced" point would be nearly impossible....but most of us would agree that a 3% backfire rate would be trivial and a 25% one devastating so logically there is a sweet spot somewhere in the middle where using the boots becomes "just worth it".

I wouldn't say extremely high, I was under the impression it was 15%. But like I said, it already has its own drawbacks, you have a 100% chance that you're going to be at a disadvantage in stats, power, and defenses against the other team, now you also have a chance of it just completely blowing up in your face.

If they want to tone it down, I wish they would do it in a way that wouldn't make them a complete luck of the draw to use; the only reason I made these is because of the low punishment on the drawback.

Edited by Bunbohue, 28 June 2008 - 08:18 PM.

#54 Plomen

Plomen
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodhoof
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

#55 Baneman

Baneman
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

moral of the story: glaives are ok in arena, boots with 47 dmg & healing as their only stat and a speed boost on use are not

#56 Barracuda

Barracuda
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Wth!? Glaives ok?

#57 YOri

YOri
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Like Faction said still good o_O. It'll let you enough time to get a pet off, let you enough time to get away while your healer lets his CC tick off.

It'll cause DR on some type of stun maybe i hope emirite? you can cast instants while in the speed effect so you can still use it to stop drinking.

This is the thing which interests me the most.
So, tell me how does it work.. which one comes first; stun or the speed effect?

If there's no speed effect when it backfires, then it kinda sucks that I just rolled tailoring away.
But if there still will be the speed effect and the stun will come just after that, then it's still worth rolling imo.

Edited by YOri, 29 June 2008 - 02:33 PM.

#58 Ralppi

Ralppi
  • Ralppi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

2000g for 330 = fail. >_<

qft

#59 Algrumm

Algrumm
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:12 AM

ARE THEY REALLY HITTING LOCKS WITH THE FUCKING NERF BAT... AGAIN?

DOES IT NOT GET OLD TO THEM?

HOW MANY MORE STATS DO I HAVE TO GIVE UP FOR A LITTLE CHANCE AT ESCAPING MELEE FOR A SPLIT SECOND...

/endrant

did you seriously pay for a name change to your pets name? :rolleyes:

#60 Smekk

Smekk
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

Our priest just spent his last gold to get these boots, didn't even get to use them once in arena.

LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<