• Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/0/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1921
  • 3v3: 2297
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1789

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi AJ,

I originally posted this in the ask a glad section, but I think that it might be good to get some responses from other users. So here it is.

I have been running MLS for about a month now as the shaman. We have a few hundred games under our belt and we are hovering just below 2k (tanked from 1979 to 1869 last night :/). We seem to struggle with hunter melee teams, in particular, thug, kfc, and beast. We do a relatively decent job eating / grounding traps and dropping stream when i know its coming. I also watch scatter on my interrupt bar and call out traps well before they are coming, I attempt to bait traps by setting up my team and then coming out of los, and in general, I line the hunter as much as possible. The real issue seems to be the raw damage output that the hunter pumps into the mage combined with the eventual full trap that I will have to sit do to root trap or some other less conventional trapping method, or just random cc in general like stormbolt. It seems like if I lose the ability to cast for any amount of time that an iceblock and or a major healing cd will be forced. Even with stream down it seems that hunter teams can kill my mage within just a few seconds, often without using major offensive cds due to hunters sickening damage thruput. My question is: How should MLS look to deal with hunter comps that run the mage into the ground? Any advice, especially specific strategies, would be greatly appreciated!

One strat that we have tried since the original ask a glad post is taking coil over shadow fury. We use this to chain deep -> coil for kills on the hunter. With healer cc this almost always forces trinket deter, healer trinket, or it gets the kill. We also have improved upon lining the hunter in between mage burst, and fearing the hunter during this time. Thoughts?

Piffe

#2 Flowboyswag

Flowboyswag
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2147
  • 3v3: 2700
  • 5v5: 2054
  • RBG: 2175
  • Locationsitting rating

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Option 1 is to obviously reroll, whether it be rerolling the comp you play or the class you play, if you can't figure out a way to beat some teams, the class might just be not for you and you can find success in others.

If not, there are ways to beat comps. In the example of facing R Sham KFC, the serious response would be to have your warlock pump out as much CC as possible to stop the opening trinket proc damage. Once DoTs are out (or even before they do), you can howl the warrior which should bring out his berserker and fear the hunter, into maybe a shadowfury hex on warrior with a CS on shaman to cover into or PoM poly from the mage and just deep so the hunter can't line your counter burst and pure damage should force a deter.

In between orbs and deeps I guess the best way to win is line the hunter and maybe swap whatever small damage you have onto the warrior to force him to be defensive and pull back a bit if a kill on the hunter doesn't seem possible. Stay by gate and have the mage pillar LoS the hunter a lot, all the mage does in the open out of offensive CDs is take ridiculous damage from the hunter. Mage can be near shaman to eat traps (pure stacking leads to triple shockwaves which leads to 20 sec shockwaves which are not a good time.) Lock can be in the middle doing most of the CC and damage since no one ever goes warlock because they're such a harder kill target then hitting a mage. Don't be afraid to gate whenever CDs are popped by the team to take as little damage as possible and conserve CDs.

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Option 1 is to obviously reroll, whether it be rerolling the comp you play or the class you play, if you can't figure out a way to beat some teams, the class might just be not for you and you can find success in others.

why the hell would the very first option be to reroll rofl

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 Connellypwnz

Connellypwnz
  • Junkies
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Demonic gateway as a team, spam some cc's, collect points.

Please review the rules on signatures.

#5 Piffe

Piffe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/0/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1921
  • 3v3: 2297
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1789

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

If not, there are ways to beat comps. In the example of facing R Sham KFC, the serious response would be to have your warlock pump out as much CC as possible to stop the opening trinket proc damage. Once DoTs are out (or even before they do), you can howl the warrior which should bring out his berserker and fear the hunter, into maybe a shadowfury hex on warrior with a CS on shaman to cover into or PoM poly from the mage and just deep so the hunter can't line your counter burst and pure damage should force a deter.

In between orbs and deeps I guess the best way to win is line the hunter and maybe swap whatever small damage you have onto the warrior to force him to be defensive and pull back a bit if a kill on the hunter doesn't seem possible. Stay by gate and have the mage pillar LoS the hunter a lot, all the mage does in the open out of offensive CDs is take ridiculous damage from the hunter. Mage can be near shaman to eat traps (pure stacking leads to triple shockwaves which leads to 20 sec shockwaves which are not a good time.) Lock can be in the middle doing most of the CC and damage since no one ever goes warlock because they're such a harder kill target then hitting a mage. Don't be afraid to gate whenever CDs are popped by the team to take as little damage as possible and conserve CDs.

Other than the random suggestion to reroll (why would we do that? we are having reasonable success given that none of us have played more than a few hundred games this expac), thanks for the solid response. We will definitely implement some of these things into our play, especially the early defensive mindset against the opening trinket procs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<